• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Magnus is an individual_without_enough_empathy, for multiple reasons. What a doosh. Can't be happy he got what he wanted, has to rub Sean's nose in it. RMA is dead on about this guy.
There is a reason he is on the ignore list of a lot of people.

My guess is he's another one of these turds who doesn't care, as if being a board bad guy is some kind of badge of honor.

Yeah, this thread often sours from old grudges. Kind of weird. :shrug:

Let's post a few movie topics and happy birthdays in this thread to return the boards to the proper "community" alignment.

I'll start. I re-watched the Batman 1989 film again. What a cracker jack performance by Nicholson.

Happy birthday to whatever boardie(s) was hatched this day.

Yeah, this thread often sours from old grudges. Kind of weird. :shrug:

Let's post a few movie topics and happy birthdays in this thread to return the boards to the proper "community" alignment.

I'll start. I re-watched the Batman 1989 film again. What a cracker jack performance by Nicholson.

Happy birthday to whatever boardie(s) was hatched this day.

So are we trying to make the Collectors Society the way a few people want it to be, or a community with differing focuses and views? Most realize community things like celebrating someone's birthday or talking about topics related to comics like TV shows and movies is just keeping good conversations going while making people feel welcome and appreciated.

The last couple of pages seem to be hardly anything to do with a Probation List/HOS situation, but more dislike of MagnusX. The Adonis situation does fit the intent of this thread though, but gets lost in this other situation.

Is someone recommending Magnus for the PL/HOS?

A lot of "pot calling the kettle black" in this thread :facepalm:

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;

"You are dirty and ugly and black!

Sure no one would think you were metal,

Except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;

"'Tis your own dirty image you see;

For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –

That your blackness is mirrored in me."

—Maxwell's Elementary Grammar, 1904,

fwiw, A-Donis has been trying to keep his cool, apologize continuously, and not get into a heated back and forth, despite what looks like persistent aggressive posting towards him. Yes, I realize he has had a history of problems, and I don't have any means of judging his sincerity beyond what he says here. If I were involved in a transaction with him, though, I'd be willing to give him a shot based on his posts.

If all he needs to do is sell, ship quickly, and communicate, then give him the chance to do that. Not sure what the continued (week-long now?) castigation is meant to accomplish. I think he's gotten the message by now. Either he'll prove his words sincere, or not.

hm

I brought it back up because I did not see a resolution and thought it was swept under the carpet during NYCC.

I will disagree. You DO have means to judge his sincerity. His actions following his pledge to improve again and again and again. He has been given a multitude of chances to do that and yet.....

So, he proved his last words insincere. We wait and see if this time he is sincere?

Ah, post count. Always comes down to post count.

Swept under the rug? Wasn't it you who told me to get my mess straight? And even suggested not to sell that often because you assumed I made good $$$ with my regular job?

Even hinted at staying on top of things more often?

Were you there when I pmed CAHokie or Barth or MoJoePin?

What changed?

Is this the same Jeff who was so willing to help me at the show??

Wait, so Branget is two-faced? Sounds like he hides behind his keyboard.

Some reason that does not shock me.

lol

I am nothing if not consistent. Nice try though. You picked the wrong person to make those accusations to. :gossip:

Magnus is an individual_without_enough_empathy, for multiple reasons. What a doosh. Can't be happy he got what he wanted, has to rub Sean's nose in it. RMA is dead on about this guy.
There is a reason he is on the ignore list of a lot of people.

Just to be sure, Darrell's referring to Magnus, not me...

hm

...right?

;)

You and I pm back and forth enough to know that I do not have you on ignore.

Love being part of this community...the hate floweth freely!

Aren't you the guy who said he didn't care what anybody thought about him? :baiting:

I am...and those feelings have not really changed. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the shenanigans that this place produces...

So the "love being part of this community" was sarcasm, my bad :sorry:

Love being part of this community...the hate floweth freely!

Aren't you the guy who said he didn't care what anybody thought about him? :baiting:

I am...and those feelings have not really changed. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the shenanigans that this place produces...

So the "love being part of this community" was sarcasm, my bad :sorry:

Eh..a mix of both. Like any "family" it has its good and bad days. But there are certain people I've met that are awesome and some I wouldn't look at twice.

But I also believe that's called life :)

This thread is going to sound more negative than most by definition. Sometimes it's a probation thread and sometimes the "kvetching" thread...or maybe just the blowing off steam thread.

Brock has a point, it's life, and I do believe there is a community here...and like any family, we have the less than happy go lucky members along with the sunshine people.

I received my items today from Adonis. The items were as described and delivered in good condition. Although unnecessary, he threw in a 9.8 graded Harley Quinn Sketch which was a nice gesture. At this time I am requesting removal of Adonis from the Probation List for my nomination. I am unsure of the status of any of the other cases.

:applause:

Before removing him, were there any others that were waiting to be made whole? It was your situation that really brought this to light.

AlexH

MoJoePin

Barth

Alex H had an issue but it was taken care of internally based on his post in this thread.

MoJoPin has been taken care of based on the pm shown.

Barth received a refund.

Looks to me like everyone is taken care of for now and the person who nominated Adonis for the probation list has asked that he be removed.

I agree that there will be very minimal sympathy for anyone that chooses to do business with him in the future.

I think he avoided the list the last time. Unless you followed the Probation Discussion thread, it may have been missed. Now there is a history and his name is clearly there. Caveat emptor. :/