• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

And again, where is the line drawn. There are several things at play here. There is a big difference between someone who did not a mail a book on time, forgot to mail it, or life got in the way.

And there is also a difference between some newb that comes in here selling right off the bat, and people start buying right off the bat. And one month later they are all crying that no one got the books, and the jerk wad has dissapeared with everyone's loot.

Then you have the flat out fricking liar, period.They just keep compounding one lie on top of another lie, and it just keeps going. You want to trust someone like that down the road. Not me, no way in hell. Get them out of here and quick.

You have to have some sort of balance here between good and bad. Character, reputation, and ethics are the foundation of these boards. One won't exist without the other.

So, what you're saying is that some sort of common sense must be exercised? That each case probably should be judged on the individual merit? That we don't really need a rule for each and every possible scenario?

Like I said earlier, the boards like to circle jerk ourselves to death instead of taking a simpler approach.

Listen to Dr. X people. Things will be so much easier.

I'm having a hard time finding anything wrong with this :)

And again, where is the line drawn. There are several things at play here. There is a big difference between someone who did not a mail a book on time, forgot to mail it, or life got in the way.

And there is also a difference between some newb that comes in here selling right off the bat, and people start buying right off the bat. And one month later they are all crying that no one got the books, and the jerk wad has dissapeared with everyone's loot.

Then you have the flat out fricking liar, period.They just keep compounding one lie on top of another lie, and it just keeps going. You want to trust someone like that down the road. Not me, no way in hell. Get them out of here and quick.

You have to have some sort of balance here between good and bad. Character, reputation, and ethics are the foundation of these boards. One won't exist without the other.

Brother you are singing my song,someone lie to me once you are gone in my opinion.This guy is a cancer to our community,we need to cut it at the root before it gets bigger.

I'm going to start a poll asking how many polls it takes to get in or out of the HOS.

You people have kind of lost your damn minds.

It's mind boggling isn't it? I know people want to do the right thing and want the boards to be a better, safer selling venue, but........ I'm kind of speechless right now.

Let's pass bylaws and have standing committees. Maybe a judiciary branch as well. Perhaps CGC could offer to certify the 600 pg. treatise once it's been written.

I'm going to start a poll asking how many polls it takes to get in or out of the HOS.

It's mind boggling isn't it? I know people want to do the right thing and want the boards to be a better, safer selling venue, but........ I'm kind of speechless right now.

Let's pass bylaws and have standing committees. Maybe a judiciary branch as well. Perhaps CGC could offer to certify the 600 pg. treatise once it's been written.

Why not? It works for

that big body of federal folks in Washington D.C.

So, what you're saying is that some sort of common sense must be exercised? That each case probably should be judged on the individual merit? That we don't really need a rule for each and every possible scenario?

Like I said earlier, the boards like to circle jerk ourselves to death instead of taking a simpler approach.

Listen to Dr. X people. Things will be so much easier.

Agree 100%. Impossible to make rules that cover every possible transgression or situation. Thank God I don't have to use board logic to parent my children! :frustrated:

The utility of these lists is waning by the minute.

What makes you say that? If nobody cared about their utility there would have been no drama over Hus or any of the other people on/off the PL and HoS. (shrug)

Yes. I was just thinking of the dozens upon dozens (hundreds upon hundreds?) of board members who never insert themselves into these discussions, and how serene their board experience must be as a result.

:cloud9:

Brother you are singing my song,someone lie to me once you are gone in my opinion.This guy is a cancer to our community,we need to cut it at the root before it gets bigger.

And not 53% of it either....all of it.

Feel free to use this whenever you need....

HAVE-YOU-LOST-YOU-MIND.gif

Yes. I was just thinking of the dozens upon dozens (hundreds upon hundreds?) of board members who never insert themselves into these discussions, and how serene their board experience must be as a result.

I just drop in for the occasional non sequitur and then abandon the thread. It works pretty well for peace of mind.

What makes you say that? If nobody cared about their utility there would have been no drama over Hus or any of the other people on/off the PL and HoS. (shrug)

I disagree. The drama over HusTruck occurred because people love the drama itself. Whether he ends up on a list or not is secondary to detailing his infractions. These conversations are nothing but virtual rubbernecking at a slow-moving disaster. That's why these conversations go on and on endlessly. It's not because everyone wants to maintain the integrity of ill-defined lists; it's because people love exposing dongfaces like HusTruck.

I still maintain that very few people actually open up the lists and look at them when someone drops a takeit in their sales threads.

It's great.

This is too much like politics. I voted twice and both those votes are no good?

I know on isn't for sure, but there is a third poll now?

Calm down. :insane:

There was the initial poll I deleted. I started a new poll with the requested evidence last night at 10:45 PM with a start time for voting at 11:00 PM. But there was concern that if you voted before 11PM, your vote wasn't counted and you may be prevented from voting again. All I did was restart the same poll shortly after 11PM so everyone's vote would count.

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience. (thumbs u

I'm sure there will be another "comedian" who will come along and ask about the poll being deleted, the second poll and now a third

People complain about lawyers on the board, I really think the issue is everyone wants to be a comedian, but they aren't very funny or original

I don't think that everyone complaining about lawyers or multiple votes are trying to be funny. Maybe a few, but some just find it frustrating.

The problem with multiple polls, besides making the whole HOS induction process look ridiculous, is it looks like vigilante justice to some, and also opens up the door to the whole "Double Jeopardy" debate which is going on now. A HOS poll should be taken seriously.

Maybe in the future if a group of newer board members want to explore a HOS vote, they could work with or through a more experienced boardie to walk them through the process in order to avoid making these kinds of mistakes.

The problem with multiple polls, besides making the whole HOS induction process look ridiculous, is it looks like vigilante justice to some, and also opens up the door to the whole "Double Jeopardy" debate which is going on now. A HOS poll should be taken seriously.

Maybe in the future if a group of newer board members want to explore a HOS vote, they could work with or through a more experienced boardie to walk them through the process in order to avoid making these kinds of mistakes.

This is a good suggestion and also goes towards the mentality several of us have put forward saying that it helps to slow down the demand for adding someone to the HoS. Having to contact and run edits and thoughts by someone will slow it down until the nomination is done right.

This is too much like politics. I voted twice and both those votes are no good?

I know on isn't for sure, but there is a third poll now?

Calm down. :insane:

There was the initial poll I deleted. I started a new poll with the requested evidence last night at 10:45 PM with a start time for voting at 11:00 PM. But there was concern that if you voted before 11PM, your vote wasn't counted and you may be prevented from voting again. All I did was restart the same poll shortly after 11PM so everyone's vote would count.

I'm terribly sorry for any inconvenience. (thumbs u

I'm sure there will be another "comedian" who will come along and ask about the poll being deleted, the second poll and now a third

People complain about lawyers on the board, I really think the issue is everyone wants to be a comedian, but they aren't very funny or original

It was a legitimate question. Jhole

Are there people in the HOS who, by broad agreement, shouldn't be there? Are there people not in the HOS who, likewise by broad agreement, should be there? If the answer to both questions is no, then is there an issue? Maybe the real issue, which has also been debated and, I think, gone to meme and back, is if HusTruck/CGCBoy is a viable candidate.

Trying to atomize the particulars of HOS inclusion will never get us anywhere. If a solid case is presented, people agree the case is worthy of a vote, and the vote leads to HOS induction, then that's good enough for me.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth over the issue has moved somewhere just past hyperbole for me.