• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I dunno what (sic) means(sic)

Sic is short for sic erat scriptum, a latin proverb which means "Thus was it written" meaning that the spelling/grammar mistake was written by the author and not a mistype by me :)

(thumbs u Thanks bud

I voted yes for HOS in the original poll. It came from a place of not liking to see a boardie messed with.

After Hector brought up the Red Rocks incident I'm second guessing what is PL or HOS worthy at this point. Yes Hustruck tried a scam but at the end of the day no one is out money here on the boards. Same as with the DT/RR/Beige incident. I probably wouldn't vote HOS on either now.

If someone bought something here and mailed a brick to a buyer or tried to pull a chargeback on a seller after receiving an item I would definitely vote yes on HOS.

But why put up with people like that? It makes it seem like his only crime was getting caught.

Nobody should put up with it. I'm just basing my decision on the HOS process as it is now. Pages upon pages of all this back and forth shows that it is flawed. I personally believe that his transgression was worse than the Red Rocks incident. Hustruck openly tried to deceive the community whereas Red Rocks' crime was flipping.

I think polls should be open instead of hidden as well (board ids) - this would help stop any favoritism.

I disagree completely...and this is why

The majority of people here want HOS. The problem is there are a few respected long time members here who don't want him in the HOS which is causing the hold up.

I really was unhappy when the poll was pulled. Stuff like that should not happen. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion. If the poll got pulled because a few people spoke up about it, won't that influence voting, too?

Talking should take place before and after and the polls should be blind, no one should see the results till it's too late to influence people...and I firmly believe they should be in CG, not here.

There are a lot more members than just the people who post on this thread.

Thanks for making this statement :)

Wait, what happened?

I'm not doing that. Did mods remove the poll?

It was crazy. Three people got banned after things got out of control.

:jokealert: