• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So my "No" vote didn't count the first time, and now I have to do it again? :taptaptap:

lol

This is for Jaybuck/Sharon/Pov or whoever has an interest......

Did anyone answer Jimmy L's question about double jeopardy?

This isn't an attempt to derail the Hustruck poll again - but I wish someone would actually look at this question and think about it.

Hustruck Boy is currently on the probation list for this offence. Now, we want to retry him again for the HOS.

Why did he not

a) get a HOS poll in the first place or

b) get the PL vote stopped and changed prior to him going on the list?

Does this mean that in retrospect people can be pulled from the PL and then put up for a HOS vote?

What is the cut-off date?

30 days after PL? 90 days?

I am voting yes for HT for HOS - that's just for open disclosure so people don't think I have some sort of man-crush on the conqueror of cancer - but Jimmy raised a very pertinent question....

If you have been 'tried' for a 'board-crime' and gone on the PL, what are the triggering factors to suddenly make it a HOS offence?

I think this is worth discussion..... :foryou:

I think this has gone on for so long that we should just look towards the future.

And by that I mean changing the HOS and not worrying about whats happening with the Hustruck HOS stuff.

Thats why I like that other thread about if we need to change the PL or HOS. Which I think we do.

:)

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

There is no such thing as pl/hos double jeopardy. He was added to the pl in accordance with the rules. Subsequent to his inclusion more evidence came out which showed the seriousness of his offenses including the fact that he lied and continues to lie to get out of a transaction.

Hence my reason for wanting to spend time getting all the evidence.

This isn't an attempt to derail the Hustruck poll again - but I wish someone would actually look at this question and think about it.

Hustruck Boy is currently on the probation list for this offence. Now, we want to retry him again for the HOS.

Why did he not

Does this mean that in retrospect people can be pulled from the PL and then put up for a HOS vote?

I am voting yes for HT for HOS - that's just for open disclosure so people don't think I have some sort of man-crush on the conqueror of cancer - but Jimmy raised a very pertinent question....

If you have been 'tried' for a 'board-crime' and gone on the PL, what are the triggering factors to suddenly make it a HOS offence?

I would say pl list is because he sold a book here, then decided to break the contract and lie about the reason

The hos is based on the fact that he never owned the book to begin with.

There is no such thing as pl/hos double jeopardy. He was added to the pl in accordance with the rules. Subsequent to his inclusion more evidence came out which showed the seriousness of his offenses including the fact that he lied and continues to lie to get out of a transaction.

Ashley Judd disagrees.

So does Tommy Lee Jones.

And who ever the guy on the boat was.

Ashley Judd disagrees.

So does Tommy Lee Jones.

If this was a courtroom..... which it isn't, though I could understand the confusion. If you want to look at it that way, then think of it like this. You could be found not guilty of a crime in the State Courts, but the Federal Courts could still find a way to charge you with something else based on the same crime. DJ doesn't apply.

Why did he not

I would say pl list is because he sold a book here, then decided to break the contract and lie about the reason

The hos is based on the fact that he never owned the book to begin with.

And that sounds fair enough...

but what if this new 'evidence' had surfaced 3 months later, rather than 3 days?

I'm really not trying to be argumentative, I genuinely want to know where the timeline is drawn.

Ashley Judd disagrees.

So does Tommy Lee Jones.

Canuck actor Bruce Greenwood?

Ashley Judd disagrees.

So does Tommy Lee Jones.

If this was a courtroom..... which it isn't, though I could understand the confusion. If you want to look at it that way, then think of it like this. You could be found not guilty of a crime in the State Courts, but the Federal Courts could still find a way to charge you with something else based on the same crime. DJ doesn't apply.

Woah. I know double jeopardy is 16 years old, but I'm not ready for you to break down the implausibilities of the -script and plot.

Why did he not

There isn't a vote for PL. You don't complete a transaction, wronged person shows proof, you get nominated, and 3 days later you go on the list till you make it right.

He turned it up to HoS level with his stream of lies, in my opinion. Other than when he admitted he never had the book, everything he told 4comics and the boards was pure BS.

Why did he not

There isn't a vote for PL. You don't complete a transaction, wronged person shows proof, you get nominated, and 3 days later you go on the list till you make it right.

He turned it up to HoS level with his stream of lies, in my opinion. Other than when he admitted he never had the book, everything he told 4comics and the boards was pure BS.

Of course, you are correct - there is no poll for the PL.

And yes, everything he said was BS.

I'm not denying these proven facts or defending HusBoy.

No-one though is answering the actual question.

Where is the cut-off between a PL offence being upgraded to a HOS offense when new 'info' comes to light?

Again, if Hustruck had been put on the PL (which he was) and things had gone on its merry way with no further problems - 3 months later the cracked slab pic had been exposed - would their be all this clamour to go to HOS?

I'm just asking a question, which no-one wants to address or answer.

Actually its Jimmy L's question........ (worship)