• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would like to make my first nomination to the PL.

Hitmonchan1

June 14: I purchased a raw Batman 189 described as VF

June 20: received the book. Packaging was fine. However, upon inspection I found the CF detached from the bottom staple and nearly detached from the top staple.

June 20: notified Seller and asked if he would refund in full. Seller said he would get it taken care of. Seller asked for more pics and whether I wanted a full or partial refund. He also instructed not to send the book back yet as he was out of the country.

June 21: I sent more pics and explained that I wasn't interested in a partial refund.

June 23: Seller requests I hold the book until he gets back to the states. I agree.

After June 23, I sent several PMs with no reply.

July 21: I file a SNAD claim with Paypal

July 22: Seller apologized and said he forgot but noticed his PayPal acct was negative because of my claim. He assured me of a full refund upon receipt of book. He asked if I could close the claim so he could sell some items on eBay. I complied.

July 28: tracking shows book delivered. More PMs from me to no avail.

July 29: I Pmd and alerted Seller that I was going to nominate him for PL or HOS.

August 1: I texted inquiring as to refund status. seller replied that he had to check with girlfriend to make sure book arrived, and that he would refund me by noon. I told him that tracking shows delivered.

August 2: my texts not replied to and no refund. So here we are.

My fault for closing the PP claim, but he did respond albeit intermittently and seemed on the level. Not a ton of $ involved ($300 and change), but still.

Looks to me like he can go straight on the list, I'm just curious if the PM you sent on the 29th alerting him to the nomination has been read, if not it doesn't matter, as that is obviously not your problem, I'm just curious. When you texted him afterwards looking for an update, did you also tell him then that he was being nominated? I only ask because I'm trying to figure out the seller's mindset at this point.

PM unread. I also texted him today alerting him.

Looks like the seller registered same day as the sales thread, and once that was done no posts since. Sadly, everything points to a seller who doesn't much care.

Im betting he's going to claim that the CF was intact when he shipped it.

Any idea when he got back in the states?

Per process, did you PM him telling him he's nominated and giving him a link to his PL nomination?

I have a bad feeling this is all a moot point and he's not coming back to the boards (at least not under his current ID) again.... Sorry man, that does suck. Especially since at the moment you're out both the money and the book...

He apologized and agreed on the return/refund so I don't think he will claim that, but who knows.

No idea. I don't think he checks PMs, which is why I made the PP claim. Pretty sure that's what prompted his reply. He did give me his phone number and said that was the best way to contact him, but I wanted a record from the outset. He did reply to texts at least on Monday. Nothing since then.

I will text and PM the link to the nomination.

I have a bad feeling as well. Frankly, I don't think he's a scammer b/c he did ship the book and did communicate albeit sparsely. Regardless, it is weak sauce, bad form and I am out both book and $.

Please lettuce know when youj you do that and, unless things get reloved resolved, his name will be on the list 3 days from when you PMd him.

PS - a very nice and clear nomination. As Joe Friday would say, "Just the facts". (thumbs u

Edited by ThatPovGuy

Please lettuce know when youj do that and, unless things get reloved, his name will be on the list 3 days from when you PMd him.

PS - a very nice and clear nomination. As Joe Friday would say, "Just the facts". (thumbs u

Either autocorrect is working overtime or POV is hitting the sauce!

I would like to make my first nomination to the PL.

Hitmonchan1

June 14: I purchased a raw Batman 189 described as VF

June 20: received the book. Packaging was fine. However, upon inspection I found the CF detached from the bottom staple and nearly detached from the top staple.

June 20: notified Seller and asked if he would refund in full. Seller said he would get it taken care of. Seller asked for more pics and whether I wanted a full or partial refund. He also instructed not to send the book back yet as he was out of the country.

June 21: I sent more pics and explained that I wasn't interested in a partial refund.

June 23: Seller requests I hold the book until he gets back to the states. I agree.

After June 23, I sent several PMs with no reply.

July 21: I file a SNAD claim with Paypal

July 22: Seller apologized and said he forgot but noticed his PayPal acct was negative because of my claim. He assured me of a full refund upon receipt of book. He asked if I could close the claim so he could sell some items on eBay. I complied.

July 28: tracking shows book delivered. More PMs from me to no avail.

July 29: I Pmd and alerted Seller that I was going to nominate him for PL or HOS.

August 1: I texted inquiring as to refund status. seller replied that he had to check with girlfriend to make sure book arrived, and that he would refund me by noon. I told him that tracking shows delivered.

August 2: my texts not replied to and no refund. So here we are.

My fault for closing the PP claim, but he did respond albeit intermittently and seemed on the level. Not a ton of $ involved ($300 and change), but still.

I'm sorry to hear about this, $300/change is a decent amount of money.

There's a lot of things on that timeline above that are troubling.

He was very selective with when he chose to respond to you.He ignored your PM's for almost a month. intil you filed a claim, then he responded within 24 hours.

The out of the states bit sounds like it was fabricated, in order to defer a refund for as long as he could.

Not that it is only convenient for that end, but if a $300 and change PP hold is causing his PP account to go into a negative...that's not the sign of someone who has the money in his checking account to pay for plane fare, let alone traveling expenses.

If he is an eBay seller, that means his checking account is tied to his Paypal account as a backup.A negative PP account means he would have a negative balance in his checking account.

Every time you have been in contact with him, there has been a reason that he had to push you off.The last one being having to wait to check on his g/f to see if the package had arrived, despite tracing indicated it had arrived.

I hate to say this, because I like you and I think you are a good guy, but it really sounds like he scammed you.

I understand that you closed the SNAD claim but given that you do have proof that you have not been refunded, I think calling Paypal and getting a sympathetic rep on the phone might get that $300 revered back into your PP account.

Out of principle alone, I would call PP today.

I'll also say that I have had a couple ebay scammers try to screw me out of books.

I posted the experiences I had on this very board, and others told me that I was likely SOL...they had dealt with virtually the same situation and that is what the ebay/PP rep basically did for them.Nothing.

If you are persistent, I would think you should be able to get your money back.

That has been my experience.

Please lettuce know when youj do that and, unless things get reloved, his name will be on the list 3 days from when you PMd him.

Ouch! I haven't had a drink or a cig since last September (quit both cold turkey same day). Reloved? :blush:

Ouch! I haven't had a drink or a cig since last September (quit both cold turkey same day). Reloved? :blush:

Who knew "reloved" was a word that autocorrect would change some other word to? (shrug)

Who knew "reloved" was a word that autocorrect would change some other word to? (shrug)

Autocorrect sees "reloved" as a mispelling. :blush::blush:

Comic Book Guy has been a quality member in the past but has been a no show for over a month now. Bought about 400 comics from me, mostly $1 books and now nothing.

Anyone know him or have correspondence in that last few weeks?

I'm more than willing to give the benefit of the doubt with him.

Ed