• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I thought there was a 30 day limit? When this all hit the fan here, it was just over 30 days, and my impression was he closed his account, so there's no money for Paypal to recover? Am I wrong?

Honestly, go file the claim. DO NOT WAIT!

I think you are able to file up to 45 days.

pay pal just awarded me $4.53 from my dispute with the CapFreak transaction.

My amount paid was $4.97. I wonder why the hell paypal decided to keep .44 cents from me? I paid with bank account transfer, which I usually do with boards transactions as I dont believe I will have to make a claim.

I am never paying with bank transfer or using paypals dispute process again (if I can avoid it), I will just use a credit card. At least with a credit card I can do a chargeback and expect to get my money I spent back.

I wonder if they kept a "fee" because it was not an ebay transaction.

I hate paypal more than the offensive party CapFreak, who I am merely perturbed with.

That may have been the only funds available for them to seize.

My amount paid was $4.97. I wonder why the hell paypal decided to keep .44 cents from me? I paid with bank account transfer, which I usually do with boards transactions as I dont believe I will have to make a claim.

I am never paying with bank transfer or using paypals dispute process again (if I can avoid it), I will just use a credit card. At least with a credit card I can do a chargeback and expect to get my money I spent back.

I hate paypal more than the offensive party CapFreak, who I am merely perturbed with.

Always pay with a credit card... :preach:

Always pay with a credit card... :preach:

I really hate having to change the payment method from bank transfer to CC on every transaction.

Someone told me that if you call them and insist that you want the default as CC they will set it up.

Is this true???

I can't believe this is still going on. I can't believe even moreso that he is still posting on the boards and ignoring all of this.

If I'd been wronged by him I would want him banned. I wouldn't want to be involved with him in any discussion, let alone a sales thread.

Regarding Cap_Freak. How much are we actually talking about here? (in terms of money owed or failed transactions.)

Most of the transactions were small but together added up. He also attempted to have a bigger sales thread and did sell a Batman 52. But I don't know the story about it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3154577&fpart=1

The last time he posted was in this thread on May 28. So he is not running around these boards currently posting away. He probably does realize that if he were to return, things would go south pretty fast.

Edit: I would be curious to see what happens if his Dad is spotted at one of the Cons.

Regarding Cap_Freak. How much are we actually talking about here? (in terms of money owed or failed transactions.)

He also attempted to have a bigger sales thread and did sell a Batman 52. But I don't know the story about it.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3154577&fpart=1

i'm the unlucky fool that put $100 down on the book. he pm'd me after his whole "personal issue" supposedly resolved. saying that once i receive the book i can pay the rest in good faith. well, 15 days later no book, filed a dispute a few days ago. i have to admit, the story he gave that he wanted to stay undisclosed is becoming harder to honor because this little nugget (i don't think he is old enough to be a full size turd) is just blatenly lying instead of just coming out and saying " i f'd up".

j

to addd, i thought i paid by cc, but i did not, i had the $$ in my paypal account so i'm now screwed.

Edited by Junkenstein99

Thanks. I just wanted to get an idea of the extent of this problem. I know some people have already been made whole in some fashion.

So far:

Junkenstein99 is out $100.00 for a downpayment on a Batman #52

MYNAMEIS LEGION is out $28.00

lookwhoitis is out $0.44

If anyone is actually out real money to this scam artist, then we need to keep track of it, and at least notify his parents of this theft. This is getting really ugly, and CapFreak has quickly turned from a scammer to an outright criminal.

Getting your money back from a Paypal dispute is far different than being out $100 in stolen money.

If anyone is actually out real money to this scam artist, then we need to keep track of it, and at least notify his parents of this theft. This is getting really ugly, and CapFreak has quickly turned from a scammer to an outright criminal.

Getting your money back from a Paypal dispute is far different than being out $100 in stolen money.

Let me ask those that have been on the board a long while if this is appropriate.

I wanted to post a thread in the Comics General section as a "call to arms." Bring up the topic that CAP Freak has turned out to be bad news for forum buyers and sellers, and we as a board should rally together and make it clear he is not welcome here, even if the mods will not ban him.

What he has done and said is just wrong, and from reading Junkenstein's post, this little fella is still going to pull scams - but on a larger scale as he goes along.

Is that an okay thing to do? For all we know, he can be scanning the WTB threads and contacting folks that he has the books someone is asking for and playing them for fools as well. Let's put this little topic to bed, and be done with it.

Make it well known what this playa has done, and have him just disappear.

Let me ask those that have been on the board a long while if this is appropriate.

I wanted to post a thread in the Comics General section as a "call to arms." Bring up the topic that CAP Freak has turned out to be bad news for forum buyers and sellers, and we as a board should rally together and make it clear he is not welcome here, even if the mods will not ban him.

What he has done and said is just wrong, and from reading Junkenstein's post, this little fella is still going to pull scams - but on a larger scale as he goes along.

Is that an okay thing to do? For all we know, he can be scanning the WTB threads and contacting folks that he has the books someone is asking for and playing them for fools as well. Let's put this little topic to bed, and be done with it.

Make it well known what this playa has done, and have him just disappear.

I think it is certainly a good idea Nick :sumo:

his parents.

was supposedly the "personal problem"

I thought it was his grandfather, or am I behind in the every-changing soap opera of Cap Freak's life. doh!

If it's not cool to post, please PM me details.

Okay, I started a thread in Comics General to help get Connor's attention and take care of these debts.

Anyone want to add to the message to strengthen the concern, please do. But having him jumping in-and-out without a care just doesn't seem right, or a situation that should remain hidden in one section of the forum.

Let's help these forumites get their money back.

Okay, I started a thread in Comics General to help get Connor's attention and take care of these debts.

Anyone want to add to the message to strengthen the concern, please do. But having him jumping in-and-out without a care just doesn't seem right, or a situation that should remain hidden in one section of the forum.

thanks bosco685, i doubt he will come forward again. but if he does, no playing nice on half assed promises that he has no way or want to live up to.

j

thanks bosco685, i doubt he will come forward again. but if he does, no playing nice on half assed promises that he has no way or want to live up to.

j

J, just sorry you have that much out there with this kid. And he knew how to play your good heart.

Now I'm even more concerned he will con others.