• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

wtf has insurance to do with the probation thread exactly? Has general discussion been hijacked by ninjas again ?

He used his totaled car as an excuse to renege on several deals. I was just trying to figure out if he had options other than breaking all the deals he had in place. Thus the insurance discussion.

C.

He used his totaled car as an excuse to renege on several deals. I was just trying to figure out if he had options other than breaking all the deals he had in place. Thus the insurance discussion.

C.

Most of us knew where you were going with this, Chris. Valid questions when it comes to a situation of a few books not being paid for.

wtf has insurance to do with the probation thread exactly? Has general discussion been hijacked by ninjas again ?

C.

Gotcha. And car or no car, he should have just explained his situation and asked for more time. If that was not viable, pull the cash outta thin air.

Hell I lost my job halfway through time payments last year. I explained the situation, and had to delay. But I still managed to pay it off and both parties were happy to see the deal completed.

No room for excuses. And I hate it when people back out on deals. Pay what you owe. If you dont hvae the cash, find it. Otherwise dont buy books unless you have a massive buffer.

No room for excuses. And I hate it when people back out on deals. Pay what you owe. If you dont hvae the cash, find it. Otherwise dont buy books unless you have a massive buffer.

You hit it right on the head Pat.

And to hear that someone also pulled a book from their eBay store because they had a commitment on a sale was just another bad decision on the buyer's part. Shawn had to relist, which I'm not sure if this led to another insertion fee, but it's the principle of the situation that is troubling.

You hit it right on the head Pat.

And to hear that someone also pulled a book from their eBay store because they had a commitment on a sale was just another bad decision on the buyer's part. Shawn had to relist, which I'm not sure if this led to another insertion fee, but it's the principle of the situation that is troubling.

Now we are taking things somewhere else. Ebay and the boards have no bearing on eachother. So lets keep that seperated. (thumbs u

I ask for time payments all the time. Sometimes I need more time some times I don't. But either way my communications are over abundant.

And if Taz, does not feel remorseful, he could at least give the courtesy of pretending.

Worked for Lesner the other night.

When Taz PM'ed me, I told him it wasn't acceptable for him to renege on his purchases, but that I would be happy to hold the books for a couple more weeks while he got his finances sorted out.

As he's ignored me since then, I think it's safe to assume that he's not going to pay what he owes, and as such I'd like him placed on the probation list.

When Taz PM'ed me, I told him it wasn't acceptable for him to renege on his purchases, but that I would be happy to hold the books for a couple more weeks while he got his finances sorted out.

As he's ignored me since then, I think it's safe to assume that he's not going to pay what he owes, and as such I'd like him placed on the probation list.

So how long has it been since he "bought" the books? 30 days is the cutoff.

I believe that mschmidt is suggesting that because it's clear to him that Taz isn't going to pay at all at this point....the 30-day window need not apply.

I believe that mschmidt is suggesting that because it's clear to him that Taz isn't going to pay at all at this point....the 30-day window need not apply.

And it's been around 75 days since he pulled it on me,even though he claims it didn't happen. :screwy:

Yep - it's been about 3 weeks since he posted the first :takeit:, but as he has made it clear he's not going to pay for the books, I don't see any point in waiting any longer.

Here's my 2¢ for what it is worth... He should not be on the list until the 30 day mark. That is the rule of the list. Pitboss, while I can understand your frustration that was a deal that occurred outside of this board and does not apply to the rules here.

So unless someone else comes forward he still has one more week to make good on this transaction. Who knows he may hit the lottery.

He should be removed from the list for now. Divad, any thoughts?

Edited by nocutename

And it's been around 75 days since he pulled it on me,even though he claims it didn't happen. :screwy:

I'd say that's about long enough for someone to think about what they've done, not follow up with sellers, and establish they just don't respect the seller-buyer rules.

But then again, he was saving up for his replacement ride. Ain't she a beauty? And at least if someone tries to hit it in the parking lot, he's guaranteed they'll still be there when he returns.

851306610_6b4a542ab6.jpg

It was either that or the Ben Hur 3000 with protective wheel spikes.

chariot_7534_lg.gif

Here's my 2¢ for what it is worth... He should not be on the list until the 30 day mark. That is the rule of the list. Pitboss, while I can understand your frustration that was a deal that occurred outside of this board and does not apply to the rules here.

So unless someone else comes forward he still has one more week to make good on this transaction. Who knows he may hit the lottery.

He should be removed from the list for now. Divad, any thoughts?

That's right, I forgot.

Shawn's was eBay, and Mike's was on the forum. The rule is 30 days, and he has time. No matter if we know he is not going to follow up, we do have to wait.

Otherwise, any seller out of frustration can throw names on the list and then getting paid before 30 days. It will be a nightmare administering that Probation List.