• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Here's my 2¢ for what it is worth... He should not be on the list until the 30 day mark. That is the rule of the list. Pitboss, while I can understand your frustration that was a deal that occurred outside of this board and does not apply to the rules here.

So unless someone else comes forward he still has one more week to make good on this transaction. Who knows he may hit the lottery.

He should be removed from the list for now. Divad, any thoughts?

Well, if I understand the parameters clearly, the 30 day window was for transactions that were not completed (no books received, no money received) but without any information that the potential probation candidate did not intend to complete the deal.

In cases like this, where the buyer breaches the deal in clear and unmistakable terms, what exactly would we be waiting for?

In this instance the buyer did not say "Hey I am going to try and raise money to pay you I just don't have it right now" he said "I am not paying you".

There is a difference there, and there is no real reason to wait when the breaching party makes it clear the deal is broken.

If he wants to make good on the deal later he can give his grounds for removal from the list.

C

Here's my 2¢ for what it is worth... He should not be on the list until the 30 day mark. That is the rule of the list. Pitboss, while I can understand your frustration that was a deal that occurred outside of this board and does not apply to the rules here.

So unless someone else comes forward he still has one more week to make good on this transaction. Who knows he may hit the lottery.

Well, if I understand the parameters clearly, the 30 day window was for transactions that were not completed (no books received, no money received) but without any information that the potential probation candidate did not intend to complete the deal.

In cases like this, where the buyer breaches the deal in clear and unmistakable terms, what exactly would we be waiting for?

In this instance the buyer did not say "Hey I am going to try and raise money to pay you I just don't have it right now" he said "I am not paying you".

There is a difference there, and there is no real reason to wait when the breaching party makes it clear the deal is broken.

If he wants to make good on the deal later he can give his grounds for removal from the list.

C

:applause: Well said Chris, I agree :sumo:

C

Yep. This isn't the first time someone has been added to the probation list before 30 days had passed - if Taz hadn't PM'ed me to tell me he had no intention of paying, I would have waited the full 30 days.

But he did, and as such it doesn't make sense to wait around for some arbitrary deadline when it's clear nothing's going to happen when those 30 days are up.

Here is a better rule.

If you commit to buy, buy it and don't waste other peoples time.

(worship)

Ewwww, I like that rule. Can we get everyone to follow that?

I'll pay you straight away if you put some decent stuff up for sale :baiting:

Here is a better rule.

If you commit to buy, buy it and don't waste other peoples time.

(worship)

Ewwww, I like that rule. Can we get everyone to follow that?

I'll pay you straight away if you put some decent stuff up for sale :baiting:

Oh goody!

Time to pull out "Captain Cabbage Patch and the Patchettes in Outer Space." Instant sales and payments all-around. :insane:

Yep. This isn't the first time someone has been added to the probation list before 30 days had passed - if Taz hadn't PM'ed me to tell me he had no intention of paying, I would have waited the full 30 days.

But he did, and as such it doesn't make sense to wait around for some arbitrary deadline when it's clear nothing's going to happen when those 30 days are up.

Now that changes things as if a buyer states afterwards they are not going to pay after posting a :takeit: then the seller has every right to want to utilize the Probation List to resolve the issue.

It may only end in a no sale, but at least it warns other sellers what occurred.

The following Forum Members are banned by the community for gross misconduct as members in the marketplace and whose privileges have been socially revoked

HALL OF SHAME

User Date On Comments Times on list

Herald2Galactus 05/23/08 Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member ? gilbertotorres 11/05/08 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member 1 ComicSupply 10/28/08 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member ? CAP freak 05/21/09 4th "Hall of Shame" Member

(On 6/20/07 Off 9/30/07; On 10/11/07 Off 10/20/07; On 5/21/09)

aka CapandFalcon; CAP Holiday; CAP Ffreek

3 AlleyBat 05/23/08 5th "Hall of Shame" Member ($4,000 Scam involving Batman #1) aka Batty 1 TFL 06/02/09 6th "Hall of Shame" Member ( reneged on GA Human Torch #1 for 25k 1

The following Forum Members are on the list for failing to complete a transaction within 30 days.

PROBATION LIST

User Date On Comments Times on list

aaron568 11/06/08 1 bronzejunkie 03/26/07 1 clobberintime 11/07/07 1 comicmankev 03/27/07 1 comicseekers 07/01/09 On 6/1/07 Off 7/6/07; On 5/10/09 Off 6/2/09; On 07/01/09 3 DarkKnight2K4 04/24/08 1 donavan74 03/27/07 1 Ghastly 12/03/07 added by majority vote 1 Henchman 04/25/08 1 Jmarch51 02/14/08 1 Lighthouse 06/13/07 On 6/13/07 Off 6/20/07; On 9/30/07 2 Marc Wolfe 09/15/08 1 Markweb 03/24/09 1 matewan1990 03/03/08 1 mjacobs8 01/24/09 1 Nascar 06/02/07 1 NEXTLVL 10/12/08 1 Roxx Gang 03/31/09 1 rza808 12/29/08 1 Sid 08/08/07 1 SIXX_VAN_ROSE 11/07/08 1 SpiderJay300 09/15/07 1 Superman20 12/18/07 1 Taz007 07/15/09 1 THATONEGUY 01/11/08 1 TVanderZwaag 06/23/09 On 3/12/09 Off 3/12/09 2 Wolfhulk 03/24/09 You can't hide by changin' your user name! 1
The following Forum Members were placed on the list and later removed as both the seller and buyer came to a mutual agreement.

POST PROBATION LIST

User Date On Date Off Comments Times on list

boechler 09/19/08 11/08/08 1 Chi Bamm 08/07/07 08/30/07 Called to duty in Iraq 1 daken2626 10/11/07 10/13/07   1 Dbostejano 10/12/08 04/09/09   1 DiceX 12/07/07 01/16/08   1 Fandango 11/07/07 02/20/08   1 Golf Clap Graemlin 10/22/07 10/23/07   1 Hobo 02/02/08 02/14/08   1 HUSH 10/11/07 10/12/07   1 IITravel 03/28/07 06/01/07   1 Joker-Fish 08/09/07 08/09/07   1 klozd24seven 02/02/08 02/19/08   1 Matmarvel 02/14/08 02/15/08   1 newkingintown 10/18/07 05/20/08   1 old man 07/06/07 05/21/08 On 7/06/07 Off before 8/16/07; On 12/7/07 Off 5/21/08) 2 spongerob86 02/21/08 08/15/08   1

I'm not actively pushing for him to be on the list,just making folks aware. (thumbs u

But,he'll end up there anyway. ;)

Wow! Although it is a probation list, wow do I like that format.

So easy to read and see how many times someone has been on.

Nicely done Count!

I like it too. And I like the idea of putting up the details of the problem to know exactly what they did to get on the list. (thumbs u

DRX

(thumbs u ...good job! i like it!

lebowski better jump on your like he did with me when i qouted and didn't markup or some other type of mess i was supposed to do so the chart wasn't all jumbled and stuff.

j

Edited by Junkenstein99

(thumbs u ...good job! i like it!

lebowski better jump on your like he did with me when i qouted and didn't markup or some other type of mess i was supposed to do so the chart wasn't all jumbled and stuff.

j

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:sumo:

lol

Thanks guys. Props really go out to Divad and nocutename and a few others as they have done all the leg work and put the list together. I just spiffed it up :grin:

Yeah, it's in html so if you decide to quote it make sure you use the HTML markup option when replying :)

markup_html.jpg

Failure to do so might result in being "Falcon Punched"... :insane:

I had to look this up.

Falcon Punch

An extremely animated and/or self-narrated punch that resembles that dealt by Captain Falcon (of SNES game F-Zero) in the Nintendo video game Super Smash Brothers. Usually accompanied by the screaming of the phrase "Falcon Punch!"