• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I seem to remember a similar ready, fire, aim situation that happened to Francisco or Bill over a slab that had the same issue. Book was sent back to CGC and it turned out to be nothing.

I am very sorry that one of the more vocal board members who is always giving out advice on how to handle situations here on the boards is unable to take his own advice to heart. And I am sorry you were the recipient of someone else stupidity Rich. Fortunately for you we all know the source, and it will very soon be water under the bridge.

And here comes the voice of reason to back his fellow seller. More power to you Joey.

Remember, it was YOU giving out that advice what was appropriate to post on the boards, not me. I was trying to cool off a situation between two board members that I had no idea had much more history than realized.

Anything else?

You posted your problem apparently on TWO SEPARATE THREADS. If I didn't read BOTH threads, I might not have gotten a complete picture of what the problem was and the resolution.

Perhaps in the future, you might want to confine it to ONE THREAD.

Shin,

Do you have a link to the other thread?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=3319281&Searchpage=1&Main=108883&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post3319281

Right here, which I condensed since a refund was issued and because Shin summarized it here just fine.

Next?

I just think you should think about things before you run someones name through the mud publicly.

It sux that Rich had to spend all that time typing all that stuff out just to defend himself for no reason.

Please respect the fact that after reading all this, I do not ever want to deal with Bosco685 again. To say that Nick blew this SO effin' out of proportion is putting it lightly.

Rich, that is your right, and honestly, I am perfectly okay with this as the feeling is mutual now.

Finally. We agree on something.

However you want to state this, that is fine.

I would have looked that case over completely and pointed out there is something on the bottom that is going to look odd. It occurred at CGC.

Lesson learned for us both!

And I TOLD you...before it even showed up (or at least before I even had the chance to look at it first hand) what I suspected. Your impatience, your attempt to make me look like I was screwing you (after what I thought was a reasonable private matter) and your attempt to file a dispute against me...why...because you didn't have your refund in 24 hrs??? After we had discussed all this in several PMs...makes you look like a tool. Or a child. Take your pick. We're done here.

And THAT is my offical last comment on this matter.

Edited by Rich_Henn

I seem to remember a similar ready, fire, aim situation that happened to Francisco or Bill over a slab that had the same issue. Book was sent back to CGC and it turned out to be nothing.

I am very sorry that one of the more vocal board members who is always giving out advice on how to handle situations here on the boards is unable to take his own advice to heart. And I am sorry you were the recipient of someone else stupidity Rich. Fortunately for you we all know the source, and it will very soon be water under the bridge.

And here comes the voice of reason to back his fellow seller. More power to you Joey.

Remember, it was YOU giving out that advice what was appropriate to post on the boards, not me. I was trying to cool off a situation between two board members that I had no idea had much more history than realized.

Anything else?

Are you truly that dense? I mean really. Opening a dispute over a book that in all likelyhood has no issue, and with the knowledge that the seller is issuing a refund.

Please respect the fact that after reading all this, I do not ever want to deal with Bosco685 again. To say that Nick blew this SO effin' out of proportion is putting it lightly.

Rich, that is your right, and honestly, I am perfectly okay with this as the feeling is mutual now.

Finally. We agree on something.

However you want to state this, that is fine.

I would have looked that case over completely and pointed out there is something on the bottom that is going to look odd. It occurred at CGC.

Lesson learned for us both!

And I TOLD you...before it even showed up (or at least before I even had the chance to look at it first hand) what I suspected. Your impatience, your attempt to make me look like I was screwing you (after what I thought was a reasonable private matter) and your attempt to file a dispute against me...why...because you didn't have your refund in 24 hrs??? After we had discussed all this in several PMs...makes you look like a tool. Or a child. Take your pick. We're done here.

I vote for child.

I just think you should think about things before you run someones name through the mud publicly.

It sux that Rich had to spend all that time typing all that stuff out just to defend himself for no reason.

Look, it is sad. But it is also sad when I PMd Rich the day after I received the book, pointed out what I found, he READ the PM, and didn't respond.

In Rich's mind, he may have thought it was just a common defect. But then when I called CGC Monday and sent a note to Rich what Gemma stated, that is when I received a response back via PM.

Let's not confuse that fact as Rich stating we had steady communications is a confusion on his part. Seeing a seller read a note like that and never got back within the day sends the wrong signals.

Rich, between the long delay in mailing the book, seeing glue across the bottom, and the book not matching your Marketeering message of "Not sure how it didn't get a 9.8," it all added up to a perception that didn't appear right.

You want to name call - go ahead. Get it out. But a lack of quick communication added to this situation.

I vote for child.

I see you've been brewing over this for a little while now Joey, where I blew off that historic situation as just a difference of opinion. Whatever!

lol brewing lol

Let's also discuss what seems to have happened.

1) You buy a 9.6 book on 6/25/2009 for what seems like a good price in a slab.

2) You don't get the book for at least a week and a half. (Let's say two weeks.)

3) You notice what you THINK is glue along the bottom and some things (packing materials) ENCAPSULATED within the holder. (Both of which you later find are probably NOT THE SELLER'S FAULT.) You note that the defects are not shown in the scans/photos.

4) You find you do not want the book for whatever reason and the seller agrees to a return/refund.

5) The book gets marked delivered on 7/18/2009 (not 7/19 as indicated in your post since you said he received it YESTERDAY and today is 7/19). Total time elapsed is still less than a month.

6) He hasn't responded yet (after a DAY) so you bring this matter here to a public forum.

Personally, I think you just dragged the seller's name through the mud here for no reason. (shrug)

Thanks for the summary, but your personal opinion is just that, and not the buyer experience. I'll be back in a moment to explain further.

Dude; I now understand this entire mini fiasco as follows;

You buy a book from a fellow boardie.

He sends said book to you.

You get antsy over some smutz inside the case and what you perceive as some glue on the inner casing.

you raise the glue issue on the forums.

you raise the glue concerns with CGC.

you contact seller looking for a refund.

seller agrees to a full refund.

you ship the book back.

you bring up the question of whether a seller should be on the probation list if they don't make a timely refund, in yet another thread.

you are assured by a number of boardies that the seller is an upstanding guy.

you file a paypal dispute anyway.

refund is received virtually same day.

all of this took a grand total of 24 days from start to finish. Methinks you were a tad impatient... hm

I vote for child.

I see you've been brewing over this for a little while now Joey, where I blew off that historic situation as just a difference of opinion. Whatever!

lol brewing lol

Keep going! It looks like something that happened a few months ago has been sitting in your "to do" list for some time now. Very childish, but whatever!

You get antsy over some smutz inside the case and what you perceive as some glue on the inner casing.

I understand it appears as impatience to those not impacted, and respect your summary, though some of how you generalized this is not in the right order.

I contacted Rich first the day after receiving the book, pointed out this large glue area across the bottom of the case - not a smudge - and see he reads the PM, but throughout the day never responds.

Then I called CGC to ask if this was common in their process. I didn't come on the forum and point this out ahead of time because I wanted to run it by Rich and CGC first.

It was all a matter of lack of communication at points, which was summarized in-detail a few posts back. Summarizing it the way you did would just be leading down the path of trying to state there was little to no issue. That was not the case.

Think about this from the buyer's perspective, and how it would appear in a first transaction with a seller.

I vote for child.

lol brewing lol

Keep going! It looks like something that happened a few months ago has been sitting in your "to do" list for some time now. Very childish, but whatever!

You have me all figured out. I have been waiting for months to attack. I sit at the computer just following you around to find that crack in your armor.

Don't flatter yourself.

I understand it appears as impatience to those not impacted, and respect your summary, though some of how you generalized this is not in the right order.

I contacted Rich first the day after receiving the book, pointed out this large glue area across the bottom of the case - not a smudge - and see he reads the PM, but throughout the day never responds.

Then I called CGC to ask if this was common in their process. I didn't come on the forum and point this out ahead of time because I wanted to run it by Rich and CGC first.

It was all a matter of lack of communication at points, which was summarized in-detail a few posts back. Summarizing it the way you did would just be leading down the path of trying to state there was little to no issue. That was not the case.

Think about this from the buyer's perspective, and how it would appear in a first transaction with a seller.

I do alot of buying and I would of never taken that approach that you took, you jumped the gun and went public. You should of waited for a response then if you didn't get a response then take the appropriate measures.

Bosco... I've no issue with your desire to get a refund on the book as it did not meet your expectations--and Rich is pretty clear about ensuring books line up with the grade (raw or slabbed). I can also understand your concern and agitation over some delay in communication from Rich considering the number of problem/deadbeat buyers and sellers as of late.

However, there were also a number of established boardmembers vouching for Rich which I do think says something. Rich will correct me if I'm wrong, but he usually enjoys fairly successful sales threads on the boards, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to jeopordize that. So, from what I read, it appears events of late gave you reason to be more concerned than you might otherwise be. Rich ran into a couple of hiccups / brainfarts / what-have-you that caused some unintentional delays on his part, and this in turn lead you to believe (maybe not to unfairly) that something might be up.

Maybe in the future though, it would be best to wait to 30 days before bringing this issue and all of its details to light out of respect for the community since that is the community's decided timeline for bring such business out in the open. That amount of time certainly would have given Rich the time necessary to make things right for you by my estimation, and then avoided any bad blood between the two of you?

:shrug:

I vote for child.

lol brewing lol

You have me all figured out. I have been waiting for months to attack. I sit at the computer just following you around to find that crack in your armor.

Don't flatter yourself.

Busted. :baiting: Get a life Joey. :baiting:

Bosco... I've no issue with your desire to get a refund on the book as it did not meet your expectations--and Rich is pretty clear about ensuring books line up with the grade (raw or slabbed). I can also understand your concern and agitation over some delay in communication from Rich considering the number of problem/deadbeat buyers and sellers as of late.

However, there were also a number of established boardmembers vouching for Rich which I do think says something. Rich will correct me if I'm wrong, but he usually enjoys fairly successful sales threads on the boards, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to jeopordize that. So, from what I read, it appears events of late gave you reason to be more concerned than you might otherwise be. Rich ran into a couple of hiccups / brainfarts / what-have-you that caused some unintentional delays on his part, and this in turn lead you to believe (maybe not to unfairly) that something might be up.

Maybe in the future though, it would be best to wait to 30 days before bringing this issue and all of its details to light out of respect for the community since that is the community's decided timeline for bring such business out in the open. That amount of time certainly would have given Rich the time necessary to make things right for you by my estimation, and then avoided any bad blood between the two of you?

:shrug:

Ditto. No dog in this fight, but:

I've had issues here and there (mostly as a buyer) with board members where I had sent PM's to the seller to discuss an issue or two, and several times have had PM's read but not responded to for a day or two. I've always waited for a response and have always received one. I might get antsy if I have to wait a week or something, but a day or two is not out of line, IMO. Sometimes when you read a PM you don't have time to answer it right away, for whatever reason. I've done that myself a few times, but the definition of 'long time' is in the eye of the beholder.

To me, the past reputation of the board member in question has to count for something and when you're only talking about a day or two without a response, that's jumping the gun, IMO, when you're talking about an established buyer/seller that you're dealing with.

Not to mention the 30 day 'rule' to bring the dispute here.