• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:gossip: Oh, thanks for "coming out."

Anytime sweetie *smooches*

Package :o sent btw

lol

You sent me a package? :o

Yes, I pimp out my package on a daily basis.

:gossip: naturally, I meant the package to Erekose.

OK, peeps, Ray has indeed contacted me and with his permission in my back pocket, I'll share our exchange with you.

Hey Nick let me start by saying I am sorry. I really did not move to vegas well. I was unemployed for 8 months and ended up moving back to hawaii to start over. Anyways I was wondering if you could remove me from the probation list. I am willing to make purchase from you to offset the deal that I couldnt complete. Let me know either way please. You were always good to me and that makes me ashamed of this whole situation

Ray,

It's good to hear from you and sorry to learn that you had real troubles with you move to Vegas.

Yes, it's a shame that you ended up on the Probation List and unfortunately, given the time that has elapsed (two-and-a-half years), I'm not prepared to simply have you removed. I think this would be unfair to the rest of the community who need to be made aware of potential problems.

However, I am happy to help you re-establish a reputation around here and if you can successfully do that, I will arrange for you to be removed.

Here's what I propose...

I post this PM communication to the Probation thread and indicate that you are 'on trial' and those boarders who wish to do business with you can do so without upsetting me. This should allow you to engage in transactions with a number of folk here, although I am sure there will still be a few who will hold off for a time. That's quite understandable in the circumstances.

Once you have completed five transactions (that can be validated) without a problem, I will be more than happy to have you removed from the List. Those transactions can be with any member of good standing on these boards and none of them have to be with me...just prove that you're as good as your word. (thumbs u

I know that this might sound a bit onerous, but I've got to strike a balance here between helping you back into the fold and looking out for the rest of the community.

Let me know whether this is an acceptable compromise and I'll post these thoughts to the Probation Thread. (thumbs u

Nick

I have no problem with that. I am now more stable than before I left plus I am single so no problems with splurging lol. 5 transactions will go by fast hopefully. Thanks Nick and I truly understand and respect this. I see a lot of different names and feel like a newb all over.

Bottom line, Ray is on Super Secret Probation Rehabilitation. I will not get offended or upset if people deal with Ray and will say in his defence that prior to him going AWOL, I had no problems with him.

However, in an effort to protect the community, as well as give him a shot at getting back, I think this is a fair compromise.

I have completed board transactions with JiveTurkeyMoFo, decepticon, Moetown, Wrightson fan, gregreece, Kramerica, BrianHoward, Comicsarefun, AGGIEZ and slabthistoo. I decided to complete twice the suggested amount of transactions on my own. May I be removed from the probation list now? :shy:

I have completed board transactions with JiveTurkeyMoFo, decepticon, Moetown, Wrightson fan, gregreece, Kramerica, BrianHoward, Comicsarefun, AGGIEZ and slabthistoo. I decided to complete twice the suggested amount of transactions on my own. May I be removed from the probation list now? :shy:

Ray, send Nick a PM so he realizes you completed a number of transactions successfully. Only he can recommend removing you.

:foryou:

Christmas is a time for charity and forgiveness so I think it would also be a good time for "pardoning" some probation members, if they express a desire and the petitioning member agrees.

Not all are bad to the bone repeat offenders, and just hit bad times or had buyers/sellers ego clashes.

It sure would be nice if the list could shrink instead of constantly get bigger and bigger

Christmas is a time for charity and forgiveness so I think it would also be a good time for "pardoning" some probation members, if they express a desire and the petitioning member agrees.

Not all are bad to the bone repeat offenders, and just hit bad times or had buyers/sellers ego clashes.

It sure would be nice if the list could shrink instead of constantly get bigger and bigger

To shrink the list it would make sense to remove probation members who have

been banned from the boards.

+1

+1
+ 3

:gossip: Paul didn't have his shoes off to count. :baiting:

I know Jim is being kind by suggesting that some of the members be "pardoned", but it's not like the list is the same as death row, or the phantom zone, it's more of a comment and recommendation on a person's performance.

If we "shorten" the list and remove banned members, it's just going to be harder to keep track of the "shills".

Unfortunately the people on the list seem to belong there. I suggested a few times that people who cannot complete their original promises, who want to be removed, perform some kind of "service". In my mind buying stuff, is not exactly a "service", but that seems to be what the denizens of the the probation list seem to view as "community service". I haven't really seen anyone change their stripes and do something selfless.

That doesn't mean that everyone on there is a horrible person, just not someone I personally want to deal with, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Personally, I like the list as a reminder.

I know Jim is being kind by suggesting that some of the members be "pardoned", but it's not like the list is the same as death row, or the phantom zone, it's more of a comment and recommendation on a person's performance.

If we "shorten" the list and remove banned members, it's just going to be harder to keep track of the "shills".

Unfortunately the people on the list seem to belong there. I suggested a few times that people who cannot complete their original promises, who want to be removed, perform some kind of "service". In my mind buying stuff, is not exactly a "service", but that seems to be what the denizens of the the probation list seem to view as "community service". I haven't really seen anyone change their stripes and do something selfless.

That doesn't mean that everyone on there is a horrible person, just not someone I personally want to deal with, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Personally, I like the list as a reminder.

The thing about doing some sort of community service is that it doesn't really reflect on a member's willingness to complete financial transactions. If your eyes have proven bigger than your wallet, or you're just plain flaky, what service will reflect any relevant change?

The thing about doing some sort of community service is that it doesn't really reflect on a member's willingness to complete financial transactions. If your eyes have proven bigger than your wallet, or you're just plain flaky, what service will reflect any relevant change?

I keep coming up with that, because I want to give people a 2nd and 3rd chance, and I figure MAYBE some people just made a mistake and have it in them to change..but you DO have a point...

In any case, I guess I'm not as kind as Jim...I don't want to see people removed from the list just because of the season.

I keep coming up with that, because I want to give people a 2nd and 3rd chance, and I figure MAYBE some people just made a mistake and have it in them to change..but you DO have a point...

In any case, I guess I'm not as kind as Jim...I don't want to see people removed from the list just because of the season.

Maybe we could just remove them until Jan 1? Call it a furlough...

:eek:

Not necessarily against the idea but instead of just pardoning, why not give them the opportunity to attone in a way similar to what rza808 has done?

Also, why pardon someone who previously never showed any remorse or desire to attone? Would they have not stepped up prior to now and expressed a desire to make things right? Some of the people on that list have been given the chance to make good and haven't.

Not necessarily against the idea but instead of just pardoning, why not give them the opportunity to attone in a way similar to what rza808 has done?

Also, why pardon someone who previously never showed any remorse or desire to attone? Would they have not stepped up prior to now and expressed a desire to make things right? Some of the people on that list have been given the chance to make good and haven't.

I've got one for you...

How about instead of the long, drug out attonment of buying off multiple sellers here... how about a online (via paypal) charitable donation of $20 (or more) to a charity.

Toys-For-Tots, United Way, Shriners, Ronald McDonald House or perhaps a charity chosen by the Board Majority. A screen shot of a completed paypal transaction would be all that was needed to prove the sincerity of the offender who wishes to clean his/her probation slate.

$20 is no major amount of change for anyone to pay... especially if they want back on the Boards to buy comic books anyway.

It's a win- win for the probation list member & for the charity utilzed.