• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Push whatever you want to push, YOU edited it , I never changed anything. just because you live on these boards doesn't mean you can push that "weight" around and act as if I changed the post, (and try to make YOU look better)..

(tsk)

I was in that topic at the same time (I made a purchase 10 minutes before you posted the "I'll take it". I specifically remember your post saying "as per PM", because one of the books you asked for was one I wavered on and decided against, and also I remember thinking how maybe I should have worked out lower prices before committing to buy.

The "as per possible PM" or whatever it says now sticks out a lot, it's actually what made me notice that posts could be edited with the option to not mark it as edited. :boo:

Vindicated! Thank you!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Push whatever you want to push, YOU edited it , I never changed anything. just because you live on these boards doesn't mean you can push that "weight" around and act as if I changed the post, (and try to make YOU look better)..

(tsk)

I was in that topic at the same time (I made a purchase 10 minutes before you posted the "I'll take it". I specifically remember your post saying "as per PM", because one of the books you asked for was one I wavered on and decided against, and also I remember thinking how maybe I should have worked out lower prices before committing to buy.

The "as per possible PM" or whatever it says now sticks out a lot, it's actually what made me notice that posts could be edited with the option to not mark it as edited. :boo:

Vindicated! Thank you!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

(thumbs u

Not that anyone with any sense thought otherwise.

BTW, did you get payment on those books, Matt? (shrug)

Or just told to shove them?

If you possess "wants", not necessities (ie. food, clothing, transportation, shelter) that aren't COMPLETELY paid for I consider it stealing. (thumbs u (thumbs u That is why I don't make nonessential purchases unless I have that amount in FULL in my bank account.

So....., I gotta ask, who pays for all your necessities? Food, clothing, shelter? It's easy to talk about stuff that you know nothing about. When I was a kid, the ONLY expenses I had were comics, so sure, I paid for everything up front. As you get older, you'll find that life gets a little more complicated.

I don't believe in time payments either. You either have the money or you don't.

Then don't offer any to your buyers. That's your choice as a seller.

If someone else chooses to allow buyers to pay with time payments, why do YOU care?

How old is this guy?

Who are you referring too? Myself? If so I am legal drinking age. Anyways I just don't think its fair to keep purchasing more and more comics while at the same time charging up multiple credit cards. I have heard stores of dealers, I won't mention any names, who have indeed done this in order to acquire certain pieces. Credit card bills that till this day, 10 or 15 years ago, they are still paying off. I just don' t think this right nor fair to seller or others who have the money too pay up front.

How old is this guy?

Who are you referring too? Myself? If so I am legal drinking age. Anyways I just don't think its fair to keep purchasing more and more comics while at the same time charging up multiple credit cards. I have heard stores of dealers, I won't mention any names, who have indeed done this in order to acquire certain pieces. Credit card bills that till this day, 10 or 15 years ago, they are still paying off. I just don' t think this right nor fair to seller or others who have the money too pay up front.

Thats like saying, you shouldnt buy a home because you dont have the 400-900 thousand in your bank account. (shrug)

I don't believe in time payments either. You either have the money or you don't.

why do YOU care?

I would say it has to do with several recent eBay transactions that took a turn for the worst. For example here is one of the more memorable ones that comes to mind. A little over 2 months ago I had some individual_without_enough_empathy bid on my copy of CGC 6.5 TTA #27. He ended up winning that book @ $1,600. Anyways after the auction ended without prior notice he asked if we could set up some sort of a time-payment. He explained to me how he lost his job and how within a couple of weeks he would have the whole thing paid off. I refused to buy into this, because I never offer this service on any of my auctions, and ended up having to relist the book weeks later at my own expense. This example is just one of many as to why I have such a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to time payments in general.

How old is this guy?

Thats like saying, you shouldnt buy a home because you dont have the 400-900 thousand in your bank account. (shrug)

No read my post. Yes I believe you can put things on credit cards. Things that are necessary, such as food, clothing, transportation and shelter. I just have a problem when it comes to charging excess frivolous stuff.

If you possess "wants", not necessities (ie. food, clothing, transportation, shelter) that aren't COMPLETELY paid for I consider it stealing. (thumbs u (thumbs u That is why I don't make nonessential purchases unless I have that amount in FULL in my bank account.

See RED

Edited by CarolinaComix

why do YOU care?

I would say it has to do with several recent eBay transactions that took a turn for the worst. For example here is one of the more memorable ones that comes to mind. A little over 2 months ago I had some individual_without_enough_empathy bid on my copy of CGC 6.5 TTA #27. He ended up winning that book @ $1,600. Anyways after the auction ended without prior notice he asked if we could set up some sort of a time-payment. He explained to me how he lost his job and how within a couple of weeks he would have the whole thing paid off. I refused to buy into this, because I never offer this service on any of my auctions, and ended up having to relist the book weeks later at my own expense. This example is just one of many as to why I have such a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to time payments in general.

my recommendation to you then would be to - if you haven't done so already - put a statement that "under no circumstance will i accept time payments" or something along those lines in your auctions.

i don't have a problem with CC telling us his opinion about time payments. i personally think that as long as the seller says beforehand that time payments are acceptable - i've seen filter, qualitycomix and others do this here on the boards - then it's just as good as any other method.

something CC said above about "having the book and not paying for it" makes me wonder if he's 100% on the whole time payment thing, though. time payments are when you pay in installments over a predetermined period of time, at the end of which the book is sent. but only after full payment has been made. it's not like buying on credit. just to clear up any misperception

How old is this guy?

No read my post. Yes I believe you can put things on credit cards. Things that are necessary, such as food, clothing, transportation and shelter. I just have a problem when it comes to charging excess frivolous stuff.

Well......you certainly shouldn't overextend yourself on any non essentials. I have philosophies about the use of credit cards but (see my previous post) there is an obligation with the credit card company that you agree to pay them back with interest and they will front you the money. The only real damage done is if you do this to such an extent as to cause financial trouble for you and your family. The occasional purchase via credit card is perfectly acceptable but, myself, I tend to use them only when necessary. However, to each his own.

I do not believe the use of such to purchase comics is intrinsically wrong or unethical. Thats seem an extreme viewpoint to me.

How old is this guy?

doh!

Try again chumley :baiting:

How old is this guy?

doh!

meh

Comics are necassary for dealers since they are trying to make a living buying and selling.

Comics are necassary for dealers since they are trying to make a living buying and selling.

Keep trying :baiting:

How old is this guy?

doh!

Chumley :luhv:

chumley.jpg