• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

But during my generation, when one mentioned Muppets, we think of how a frog named Kermit finally scored with the fat pig named Miss Piggy, and they somehow unbelivably got married (shrug)

Jim Henson never sued you guys for using that word in such a mean way? lol

:kidaround:

What does it mean :popcorn:

From Wikipedia:

In Great Britain and in Ireland the word muppet has come to be used as a mild term of abuse, meaning a stupid, incompetent, or moronic person, or the obvious interpretation of someone who is inanimated or somehow not there. In a physical context alluding to the tendency for Muppets to wave their arms around or otherwise move clumsily on-screen. It is often used mildly affectionately. It can also be applied (in the United Kingdom but not in Ireland) to an aesthetically displeasing individual.

Im going to begin using that term today with some of my collegues :acclaim:

You`re such a Euro wannabe! :baiting:

:headbang:

We used to call them Anfields, so be happy...

I had an anfield once...., :whistle: but then it passed like a twisted sardine can :tongue:

I just have a general question.....

After someone hits the :takeit: on one of your listings, how long should you be expected to wait for a response from said individual? A response in the post itself, a PM, or email would have been nice, but none have happened thus far and it has been few days. I also don't want to jump the gun and was wondering how long I should wait before offering the books to someone else who wanted them... Thanks :foryou:

After someone hits the :takeit: on one of your listings, how long should you be expected to wait for a response from said individual? A response in the post itself, a PM, or email would have been nice, but none have happened thus far and it has been few days. I also don't want to jump the gun and was wondering how long I should wait before offering the books to someone else who wanted them... Thanks :foryou:

You could also make the first move :baiting: Go ahead, and give the guy the total and your payment preferences. He could be waiting for you... (shrug)

Andy

He's waiting for you to send him an invoice, I would imagine. What response would you be expecting? He said "I'll take it" - the next move is from you saying "great! here's what it costs." doh!

Unless you forget like myself and have the buyers PM you asking what they owe :tonofbricks:

Senility :cloud9:

It makes everything seem so fresh and new! :cloud9:

You could also make the first move :baiting: Go ahead, and give the guy the total and your payment preferences. He could be waiting for you... (shrug)

Andy

Nope, already contacted him via several PMs.....he hasn't even read them yet....

He's waiting for you to send him an invoice, I would imagine. What response would you be expecting? He said "I'll take it" - the next move is from you saying "great! here's what it costs." doh!

I already invoiced him....sorry I wasn't clearer in my post....he hasn't even read the PM where I invoiced him and sent him my payment info, etc...

No communication of any kind for more then three days and I'm selling them to someone else.

No communication of any kind for more then three days and I'm selling them to someone else.

Thanks Brian, that is the type of opinion I was looking for! (thumbs u

As soon as the guy posted the "takeit" in my FS thread, I sent him a PM with total and payment info, and he hasn't even read it or done anything else since....and that was Tuesday morning.....

+1 - if you have sent an invoice and it's been 3 days... zzz