• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Has he/she posted on the boards since Tuesday?

I was just gonna ask that. With all the severe weather (tornados, flooding etc) 3 days is not the longest time in the world. If he hasn't posted there might be other issues going on.

If he's posted and you can see that he read your PM's..... full.gif

Actually, it does not look like he has.....I guess I'll give it through the weekend then? (shrug)

His location is listed as Ohio. I've heard they got a little rain there. It may not be his fault that he hasn't communicated with you. At the same time, it could be a while before you hear from him if he's been displaced because of flooding. Tough call.

hm ... I would see if he gets back online and if he does without responding, sell it to someone else. This would keep you from selling it to someone else if the original buyer is in a bad situation (i.e. Mobster come to his house to break thumbs and break the computer)

I was just gonna ask that. With all the severe weather (tornados, flooding etc) 3 days is not the longest time in the world. If he hasn't posted there might be other issues going on.

If he's posted and you can see that he read your PM's..... full.gif

I'll second that to a point.

1. He hasn't posted. Maybe he or a loved one is ill or he got called away on business.

2. He had a computer brakedown. Use a computer long enough it will happen to you to.

3. Maybe he hasn't gotten used to the new board and accidentally deleted. I'd never resell until I gave at least 1 follow-up email. I think we'd all appreciate that kind of consideration.

If he continually ignores more than once, then he didn't want them bad enough. :thumbsup:

My 2cents anyway.

I just have a general question.....

After someone hits the :takeit: on one of your listings, how long should you be expected to wait for a response from said individual? A response in the post itself, a PM, or email would have been nice, but none have happened thus far and it has been few days. I also don't want to jump the gun and was wondering how long I should wait before offering the books to someone else who wanted them... Thanks :foryou:

No communication of any kind for more then three days and I'm selling them to someone else.

Of course, OG tends to the extreme . . . lol

8/23/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Chi Bamm

comicmankev

donavan74

Joker-Fish

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Nascar

Sid

:sumo:

Ok, Just for the record...I just got $60.00 refund to my paypal from "Sid". I did let him know there was another forum member who was out $200.00 and he didn't have any recollection of the deal.

Yes, as stated by another forum member, he is currently involved in a family matter involving a new bride in Nepal (so, certainly congratulations are in order). When I emailed him he had mentioned to me he will be out of town for about a month looking after the matter, but will email me a refund before he leaves, and he came through.

I had recommended to him to get back onto the forum when he gets back so he could look after the matter, but also am thinking whoever the forum member is that is out the $200.00...email him and let him know. I've got a feeling if he knows about the indescretion, he will look after it. But again, be patient....as he will be out of town for a month.