• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Also, I am probably in the top 50 if not top 25 of buyers on these Boards.

I spend a lot of money around here.

I have never read the rules of the For Sale Forums.

I have never read the Probation List or House of Shame list.

I have never read or participated in these discussion threads.

I have no interest in these disputes.

That is all.

Have at it.

Whoopdeefreakindoo meh

It would seem that you have been more than patient. You could recommend that this person be added to the probation list. Also, notify him/her of this thread so we can hear both sides of the story.

Thanks I have sent a pm to DimebagD notifying him of the issues.

DimebagD hasn't chimed in yet?

That is all.

Have at it.

Whoopdeefreakindoo meh

:troll:

Who recalls when they were 10 years old & they jumped on their Schwinn & they peddled down to the neighborhood park & they met all the local boys there who also arrived on their sweet Schwinns & they all formed together in confederation & created a secret social club exclusive to them with bylaws & membership requirements & various elaborate rituals & covenants?

That is all.

Have at it.

All these distinct declarations of "I have never read..."...juxtaposed against my recent assertion in another thread that you were an intellect. I feel duped. :sorry:

Yet the mention of a Schwinn provides a measure of hope. :headbang: Now, if you admit to pedaling on a Huffy too, then all is well. :cloud9: If it's a nay, then, well, at least you're still in the top 25 or 50 of buyers. :whee:

Who recalls when they were 10 years old & they jumped on their Schwinn & they peddled down to the neighborhood park & they met all the local boys there who also arrived on their sweet Schwinns & they all formed together in confederation & created a secret social club exclusive to them with bylaws & membership requirements & various elaborate rituals & covenants?

That is all.

Have at it.

All these distinct declarations of "I have never read..."...juxtaposed against my recent assertion in another thread that you were an intellect. I feel duped. :sorry:

Yet the mention of a Schwinn provides a measure of hope. :headbang: Now, if you admit to pedaling on a Huffy too, then all is well. :cloud9: If it's a nay, then, well, at least you're still in the top 25 or 50 of buyers. :whee:

The express internal inconsistencies of my caring enough to post about not caring are nothing next to those you identify lol

The classic bees to honey element of my participation in this thread is the experience of seeing a poster who has me on ignore quote & reply to one of my posts.

Who is that dude? lol lol lol

I am sure RMA is meticulous enough that he actually matched the serial numbers; meaning he resold the same book for less money.

When you only have 1 copy for sale, it's not that hard to keep track of it.

Would you trust all sellers to do this when they get two years to bring the loss forward to the PL?

Without some time limitations - couldn't anyone who has had ANY book returned to them that was subsequently resold for less make a PL nomination seeking compensation from the original non-buyer? That is the logic you are employing here.

If the book had miraculously risen in price there would not be a PL nomination for compensation.

If this guy get nominated then I say he's RMA's PL biatch until he cleans up his act demonstrating "good marketplace behaviour" but I don't see money being part of his release program.

:foryou:

You're missing a critical point: directly and specifically because of Dekeuk's refusal to return the book PROPERLY, the book was out of my hands for weeks and weeks and weeks...I got it back in MAY (the transaction was in JANUARY.)

If Dekeuk had PROPERLY returned it, instead of violating USPS regulations, I would have received it back in a timely manner. Instead, it was lost in the USPS "refused packages" graveyard for months.

It is the timeliness of the return, not the return itself, that is the issue.

If the book had miraculously risen in price, Dekeuk would simply not have been responsible for damages...but he'd STILL have been liable for the PL, had the rules been different at the time.

I did not miss that critical point, I acknowledged that I read what you wrote however I was addressing the compensation issue not the "cause" of your frustration with this buyer.

However had I known beforehand that it took 'weeks and weeks and weeks" I may have felt differently. :D

My argument is not against RMA it is against PL Rule 2 d) and the imposition of "additional expenses" beyond the REVERSED transaction in this case; the lesser amount was a subsequent sale. I don't agree with anything Dekeuk did here. The Probation Rule 2d) is the core issue that I feel does not apply to this nomination.
:foryou: Have fun at SDCC.

Again, I am only pointing this out since you said you never read them and it is a good thing to be aware of.

At your request, I just read them POV.

They made be a little sleepy but I wanted to read them as I admire your posts.

I'd like to step into the fray a little longer. Please indulge me.

So, I've now read the rules. They are so simple & self evident that I am not aware of ever having violated them, even unintentionally; again, I have been participant in many many transactions on the Boards.

During all of my experience, I have had but one deal gone bad. One buyer just didn't pay.

Now, this thread is almost 1100 pages. What on Earth are you folks discussing? Can there really be so much unhappiness & dissatisfaction? Should I go back & start at the beginning or should I go read bangzoom's thread in GA?

:popcorn:

Now, this thread is almost 1100 pages. What on Earth are you folks discussing? Can there really be so much unhappiness & dissatisfaction? Should I go back & start at the beginning or should I go read bangzoom's thread in GA?

You must have missed the 300 pages where we graded boardies wives on a scale of 1 to 9.9 Have you ever heard the song, "their ain't no ten"?

Again, I am only pointing this out since you said you never read them and it is a good thing to be aware of.

At your request, I just read them POV.

They made be a little sleepy but I wanted to read them as I admire your posts.

I'd like to step into the fray a little longer. Please indulge me.

So, I've now read the rules. They are so simple & self evident that I am not aware of ever having violated them, even unintentionally; again, I have been participant in many many transactions on the Boards.

During all of my experience, I have had but one deal gone bad. One buyer just didn't pay.

Well, some of the posts are akin to the topic at hand (the PL rules). Some are typical board banter. Not to mention the 450 page discussion by the forum women regarding the forum men and their "shortcomings". Have you heard the song "There Ain't No Ten"?

The majority of posts are actual discussions initiated here by board members to either include someone on the PL or to "encourage" a reluctant other party to come to terms with a deal. You and many others have been overall problem free. Some have been less fortunate.

The decision to read the entire thread or hit the GA forum is yours, of course. If you do not plan to make use of or take notice of the PL process, I'd say hit the GA forum. I readily admit there are many more interesting, entertaining and less stressful topics there and within other forums on the board.

I have been planning a very interesting GA topic on pre-code horror but have set that aside for the nonce whilst the PL discussion is taking place. I'm looking forward to resuming it.

I love you guys.

I'm going to go hear the song 'There Ain't No Ten' cause I ain't never heard thatn.

Bobby Bare

I was sittin' in Friday's suckin' on a glass of wine

When in walked a chick who almost struck me blind

Had wet blue eyes and her legs were long and fine

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give her a nine.

Now on my scale there ain't no ten's, you know

Nine is about as far as any chick can go

So I flashed her a smile, but she didn't even look at me

So for brains and good judgement, I'd give her a three.

I said, "Hey sweet thing, you look like a possible eight

You and me could, uh! make eighteen, if your head's on straight."

She looked up and down my perfect frame

And said these words that burned into my perfect brain.

She said, well, another one of those macho-matician men

Kind who grade all women on scales of one to ten

And, you give me an eight, well, that's a generous thing to do

Now, let's just see, just how much I give you.

She said you comin' on to me with that phony numbers jive

Your style makes me smile, I give it a five

When you walked up I noticed that suit of (yores)

It's last year's double-knit frayed-cuffs, give it a four.

That must be your car parked out on the curb

That sixty-nine homemade convertible, a three and a third

Now, as for your build, I guess (yore) less than five

Except, for your pot belly, I'd give that a ten for size.

That wine you're pourin' might be fine to you

But I'm used to fine champagne, I give it a two

It's hard to tell what your flashin' smile is worth

I give it a six, you could use some dental work.

But, It's your struttin' rooster act that really makes me laugh

It may be a ten to these country hens, but to me a three and a half

And there really ain't much to add once the subtractin's done

Since there ain't no zeroes, I give you a one!.

She walked out, while up and down the line

The whole bar was laughin', said' Bare, what happened to your nine

Nine says I, hell soon as she started to talk I knew

She didn't have no class, I barely gave her a two.

Spoken:

Yeah! No matter how good they look at first

There's flaws in all of them

That's why on a scale of ten to one, friend

There ain't no ten.

Came home and saw 30 new posts in the Probie Discussion forum.

I thought for sure I had missed a throw down.

I am a little happy and sad at the same time that I didn't.

:gossip: POV made fun of your trophy drawing fascination. Then he deleted it.

:gossip: POV made fun of your trophy drawing fascination. Then he deleted it.

I confess being in ignorance of what Bosco is alluding to.I would reply in jest but that would only serve to add to the considerable derailment of the purpose of this particular topic, which is the PL Rules.

So at this juncture, I see the voting to be too close to call. I see Item 2d to be a true issue. Right now there is a 7% margin in favor of the rules as stated. That is very uncomfortable.

What is also uncomfortable to me is that the voting increased considerably after the poll was posted in Comics General. I had decided to not post in the General Forum because I felt people genuinely interested in the Probation Forum would be checking the happenings here. Snake - that is NOT a slam on you. You took the initiative and at the core of it a good one. You showed gumption and concern and action.

The Probation Discussions forum has been updating at a very frequent rate. Anyone looking at the forums would be seeing that the Probation Discussion has new posts, even with Arch not showing the number of new posts.

If that is the case, then why are so many new votes coming in after the Comics General

announcement? How informed are they? I don't know.

I DO know there are a LOT of intelligent people here. Several of them have made some really good contributions here.

Is it really so difficult to determine what is a reasonable or unreasonable extra expense? Is it really so difficult to just get purely dispassionate input into the hows and whys of rules we are trying to setup to be a self-governing body?

Whatever.

Don't dwell on the 2 d) aspect; with or without it the new rules are acceptable to 90% of voters.

Off-board is now defined.

More detailed guideline for nomination will assist people in understanding what they should do when a deal goes bad.

Nomination timeline (discussion to nomination is clearer)

:makepoint:

Don't dwell on the 2 d) aspect; with or without it the new rules are acceptable to 90% of voters.

Off-board is now defined.

More detailed guideline for nomination will assist people in understanding what they should do when a deal goes bad.

Nomination timeline (discussion to nomination is clearer)

:makepoint:

I would have liked your post better without the :makepoint:

I feel like I have been hit on the head enough! :hi:

Is it really so difficult to determine what is a reasonable or unreasonable extra expense? Is it really so difficult to just get purely dispassionate input into the hows and whys of rules we are trying to setup to be a self-governing body?

Whatever.

It can be a challenge to lock down what is reasonable, as it depends on the viewpoint of each person what they consider within a 'reasonable" range. You are asking a large audience to come to an agreement on common rules, when sometimes they are going to have very different views on any topic.

I'm not sure why you may be taking it so personal or getting overly frustrated - this is the challenge you face when you try to lay out rules that need to apply across an entire group. It isn't going to be easy, or this would have been agreed to and written down a long time ago.

Hang in there, and remain impartial like you have been so everyone feels like their voice is being heard. I think you are doing a good job.

And there is no considerable derailment going on if folks are throwing out a small joke to keep the mood semi-light. That's all it is.

:foryou: