• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Added thought to the above post...looks like Shark may be attempting to still sell the ST 110 (saw it posted again around noon today). I would suggest if you are moving forward with a probation complaint that the book be held until the boardie is placed on the list or you withdraw the complaint. Reason being, if he offers within the 30 days to make good and you no longer have the book it would make for quite a mess :shrug:

I was more than a bit perturbed when he backed out of the deal, but I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and recommend he NOT be placed on the probation list. He is a newbie and I'm sure he didn't know the "rules" around here. Everyone should read the rules prior to buying or selling in here but that doesn't mean they're going to. And it's just sad that people not standing by their word seems to be rather prevalent these days. :(

Sounds like problem solved. I am sorry for the frustration you had to deal with though....weekends are supposed to be :whee: NOT :frustrated:

Anyway, I hope you find a happy home for the book buddy :wishluck:

Added thought to the above post...looks like Shark may be attempting to still sell the ST 110 (saw it posted again around noon today). I would suggest if you are moving forward with a probation complaint that the book be held until the boardie is placed on the list or you withdraw the complaint. Reason being, if he offers within the 30 days to make good and you no longer have the book it would make for quite a mess :shrug:

I was more than a bit perturbed when he backed out of the deal, but I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and recommend he NOT be placed on the probation list. He is a newbie and I'm sure he didn't know the "rules" around here. Everyone should read the rules prior to buying or selling in here but that doesn't mean they're going to. And it's just sad that people not standing by their word seems to be rather prevalent these days. :(

(thumbs u

:applause:

Moving all this over here at the request of Povertyrow.

Just a note that Jason/Marvelguy34 has contacted me today and is sending merch and payment for his wins from Clooneython VI.

Payment is scheduled to be made via paypal on August 19th.

Once it arrives/clears, I will quickly and gladly remove him from this list. No harm, no foul and he's welcome at any sale I have in the future.

I thank him for finishing up our transactions together.

Michael

Good on you for keeping a good attitude. Nice to hear. (thumbs u

Well here it is after 11 PM EST on Sunday Aug. 21st and still no promised payment from Marvelguy34 for his purchases that he said I would have on Aug. 19th.

Also have not received my merch from him that he said was being mailed.

Looks like Jason will be remaining on the Probation List. I am going to recommend that anyone dealing with Marvelguy in the future be ready for a long wait for transaction closure and what appears to be the start of many excuses for non-payment.

If I don't hear from him by Monday evening, I'm putting his wins back up for sale. I need the income.

If he wants off the probation list, he will have to make a charitable donation to The Hero Initiative for the entire amount that he couldn't seem to pay me for ($45) and post proof of it here.

Seem fair to me.

If he wants off the probation list, he will have to make a charitable donation to The Hero Initiative for the entire amount that he couldn't seem to pay me for ($45) and post proof of it here.

Seem fair to me.

Applaud that idea! Donation to charity for stuff like that (thumbs u

Just received contact from Marvelguy/Jason (weird how everytime something makes it to the Probation thread, I hear from him).

- My package that he was supposed to ship on 8/15 has still not been shipped yet according to him ( a full week later after an astonishing almost two month wait already).

- There is a problem with the totals now... after almost two months of waiting for payment.

- That said... there is still no payment for items invoiced on 6/30/11.

Rupp waited and was more than patient... but unfortunatly Rupp is through with Marvelguy/Jason. Repeated missed ship dates and promises to pay could go on forever & since I don't know him, I'm severing ties now.

I need the income from what I'm holding for him more than he obviously needs the items he threw up the "take it" sign for in my sales thread.

He can keep his items that I won off of him... since they obviously aren't coming. And I am selling what he can't or won't pay for.

If Jason wants off the Probation List, he can do this by helping The Hero Initiative with a $45 donation.

Michael Shepherd

Bio-Rupp

Sorry that Clooneython was darkened by so dispicable an act my friend. You have been more than fair, I think, in allowing extra time/second chances. I suspect he may find it difficult to do business with others here regardless of whether or not he eventually makes that donation to be removed from the list :sorry:

Just a note that Jason/Marvelguy34 has contacted me today and is sending merch and payment for his wins from Clooneython VI.

Once it arrives/clears, I will quickly and gladly remove him from this list. No harm, no foul and he's welcome at any sale I have in the future.

Michael

Well here it is after 11 PM EST on Sunday Aug. 21st and still no promised payment from Marvelguy34 for his purchases that he said I would have on Aug. 19th.

Looks like Jason will be remaining on the Probation List. I am going to recommend that anyone dealing with Marvelguy in the future be ready for a long wait for transaction closure and what appears to be the start of many excuses for non-payment.

If I don't hear from him by Monday evening, I'm putting his wins back up for sale. I need the income.

Seem fair to me.

Seem fair to me.

Just received contact from Marvelguy/Jason (weird how everytime something makes it to the Probation thread, I hear from him).

- My package that he was supposed to ship on 8/15 has still not been shipped yet according to him ( a full week later after an astonishing almost two month wait already).

- There is a problem with the totals now... after almost two months of waiting for payment.

Rupp waited and was more than patient... but unfortunatly Rupp is through with Marvelguy/Jason. Repeated missed ship dates and promises to pay could go on forever & since I don't know him, I'm severing ties now.

I need the income from what I'm holding for him more than he obviously needs the items he threw up the "take it" sign for in my sales thread.

He can keep his items that I won off of him... since they obviously aren't coming. And I am selling what he can't or won't pay for.

If Jason wants off the Probation List, he can do this by helping The Hero Initiative with a $45 donation.

Michael Shepherd

Bio-Rupp

Sorry that Clooneython was darkened by so dispicable an act my friend. You have been more than fair, I think, in allowing extra time/second chances. I suspect he may find it difficult to do business with others here regardless of whether or not he eventually makes that donation to be removed from the list :sorry:

Just an admendment that Marvelguy's name is James/Jamie and not Jason. Confusion abounds with this transaction, kids.

Michael

Ive had the same issues with this buyer on CGC and another comic board with buying then not paying. Eventually he payed me for about 1/2 the books and both times it was around $40 or so. He is a nice guy and had never said one even sarcastic comment to me it just drags out every time so I wont let him buy from me know. I think the guy just suffers from wanting to buy more then his pocketbook can allow him. He doesnt think before he leaps.

Seem fair to me.

Seem fair to me.

Michael Shepherd

Bio-Rupp

Just an admendment that Marvelguy's name is James/Jamie and not Jason. Confusion abounds with this transaction, kids.

I have had the same problem with this buyer twice once here and once another board. I think he is a heck of a nice guy he just suffers from buying more then his pocketbook allows him. The only negative on him is he drags out his transactions and only pays 1/2 the time. I knew he belongs on the PB list, but at least he isnt a :censored: like a lot of them are.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Michael

Ive had the same issues with this buyer on CGC and another comic board with buying then not paying. Eventually he payed me for about 1/2 the books and both times it was around $40 or so. He is a nice guy and had never said one even sarcastic comment to me it just drags out every time so I wont let him buy from me know. I think the guy just suffers from wanting to buy more then his pocketbook can allow him. He doesnt think before he leaps.

Seem fair to me.

Seem fair to me.

Michael Shepherd

Bio-Rupp

I have had the same problem with this buyer twice once here and once another board. I think he is a heck of a nice guy he just suffers from buying more then his pocketbook allows him. The only negative on him is he drags out his transactions and only pays 1/2 the time. I knew he belongs on the PB list, but at least he isnt a :censored: like a lot of them are.

Sounds like a repeat offender. I don't feel half as bad now knowing I put him on the PB list.

Will Marvelguy34 ever pay that $45 to the HI to get back on here? I doubt it. Especially since he won't be getting merch for his money. Which is fine by me since he obviously can't balance his spending habits and life at the same time. I don't need boardies like that on here.

If we make these non-payers help the Hero Initiative with donations instead of waiting however long it will take for their lazy arses to pay... I think it will sink in eventually that the boards won't tolerate that type of behavior.

I've been reading Spider Dan's tale of woe about waiting months for a boardie to answer him about a book he was holding for him. Then the boardie just backs out of the sale after months of waiting and no contact.

To me thats wrong and Spider Dan should do the same thing I did by making the person pay a donation as punishment for doing what they did. Maybe not the entire amount, but I'd say $50 would be fair ( if I remember correctly Dan was holding a $400 book for months so fifty smacks seems generous to me).

Would the boardie that has to pay this donation be happy about it especially since the only thing he would be receiving would be the warm fuzzy feeling that you get when you help somebody? Probably not.

Would he repeat the behavior that made him have to pay this donation? I'd say never again.

Edited by Bio-Rupp

I've been reading Spider Dan's tale of woe about waiting months for a boardie to answer him about a book he was holding for him. Then the boardie just backs out of the sale after months of waiting and no contact.

To me thats wrong and Spider Dan should do the same thing I did by making the person pay a donation as punishment for doing what they did. Maybe not the entire amount, but I'd say $50 would be fair ( if I remember correctly Dan was holding a $400 book for months so fifty smacks seems generous to me).

Ya that is quite the situation and for that reason think something needs to change in terms of time payments. He waited 90 days for payment (as they agreed) and was then expected to wait another 30 days before he could move the book incase the buyer decided they wanted to pay the money (ya Jack stated stuff happened and couldn't buy the book) but its not right that Dan should have to wait 30 more days without hearing or there being communication about the book.