• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This is a first for the Rupp to have to do... and I hate to have to... but, its the rules.

Just sent Jason aka Marvelguy34 a PM notifying him of my submission of our uncompleted transactions to the Probation Discussions thread.

Jason made multiple purchases (totalling over $40) in my Clooneython VI thread that ran through two weeks of June. I, in turn, purchased some Blu-rays from his thread and deducted the cost from what he owed me bringing his total down. This was invoiced to him on 6/30/11.

Jason then asked if I'd like to trade more Blu's to bring his price further down, but unfortunatly he had nothing else I wanted. I assumed he would send payment but I haven't heard from him since.

I sent one PM on 7/11/11 that was read but not answered. I sent another PM reminder on 7/15/11 that is still marked unread and then another on 7/25/11 that is also still unread.

Today I sent him a seperate PM stating that the issue is being taken here to the PD thread.

All that said in simpler terms, is that I want him to complete his transaction with me as a "buyer" of my goods and I want him to complete his transaction with me as a "seller" of his goods.

If Jason cannot do these things, I regretfully wish to nominate him for the Probation List until he makes good on both purchases and sales.

I would like to ask the board how long is an acceptable amount of time to hold this merchandise for him? I wouldn't mind trying to sell it again in the near future... but the merch is his until I hear otherwise.

Jason's unpaid for purchases were made in my sales thread here...

CLOONEYTHON VI

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4871649&fpart=1

My purchases were made in Jason's sales thread here that I can't complete until he gets back in contact with me...

MG's DVD Sale

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4877890&fpart=2

Well its been over 72 hours with no response to my PM nor this notice.

I would like to request that Marvelguy34 be added to the Probation List until he clears up these failed transactions between us.

This is a first for the Rupp to have to do... and I hate to have to... but, its the rules.

Just sent Jason aka Marvelguy34 a PM notifying him of my submission of our uncompleted transactions to the Probation Discussions thread.

Jason made multiple purchases (totalling over $40) in my Clooneython VI thread that ran through two weeks of June. I, in turn, purchased some Blu-rays from his thread and deducted the cost from what he owed me bringing his total down. This was invoiced to him on 6/30/11.

Jason then asked if I'd like to trade more Blu's to bring his price further down, but unfortunatly he had nothing else I wanted. I assumed he would send payment but I haven't heard from him since.

I sent one PM on 7/11/11 that was read but not answered. I sent another PM reminder on 7/15/11 that is still marked unread and then another on 7/25/11 that is also still unread.

Today I sent him a seperate PM stating that the issue is being taken here to the PD thread.

All that said in simpler terms, is that I want him to complete his transaction with me as a "buyer" of my goods and I want him to complete his transaction with me as a "seller" of his goods.

If Jason cannot do these things, I regretfully wish to nominate him for the Probation List until he makes good on both purchases and sales.

I would like to ask the board how long is an acceptable amount of time to hold this merchandise for him? I wouldn't mind trying to sell it again in the near future... but the merch is his until I hear otherwise.

CLOONEYTHON VI

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4871649&fpart=1

My purchases were made in Jason's sales thread here that I can't complete until he gets back in contact with me...

MG's DVD Sale

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4877890&fpart=2

I would like to request that Marvelguy34 be added to the Probation List until he clears up these failed transactions between us.

I recommend that you add him to the list, Rupp. I would do it for you but, I don't know how to do the bold/color ect...

Ahh in all the pages of discussion on the topic of the probie list... I never knew I (the seller) could place the accused on the list. Kinda thought that might be a little bit of a "overstep of bounds".

Thanks for the info, comicdonna :) Soon as I get off the road, I will update, etc.

Reposting here in the correct thread.....

I would like to have jjfversion1 added to the Probation List. He started a thread on Thursday looking for a Strange Tales #110 in lower grade CGC (1.0-4.0). I sent him a PM yesterday evening about a CGC 3.5 and he agreed to buy the book at 11:43 PM last night. He even asked for my Paypal address. Then at 1:12 PM today he PMs me back saying "Hi sorry but I found a 3.0 for a bit cheaper and ended up purchasing that one. Sorry about the inconvenience."

He's a newbie and has already proven that he can't be trusted.

CLOONEYTHON VI

MG's DVD Sale

I recommend that you add him to the list, Rupp. I would do it for you but, I don't know how to do the bold/color ect...

doh! This isn't your first rodeo......

Quote the post. Select the text you wish to bold and click the B icon.

Quote the post. Select the text you wish to color and click the A icon and pick the color.

I would like to have jjfversion1 added to the Probation List. He started a thread on Thursday looking for a Strange Tales #110 in lower grade CGC (1.0-4.0). I sent him a PM yesterday evening about a CGC 3.5 and he agreed to buy the book at 11:43 PM last night. He even asked for my Paypal address. Then at 1:12 PM today he PMs me back saying "Hi sorry but I found a 3.0 for a bit cheaper and ended up purchasing that one. Sorry about the inconvenience."

Is the deal confirmed in writing in those PM's, you quoted a time so what's that PM say? Did you make him aware today that agreeing to buy and backing out would result in you putting him on the probation list? Is he aware that you're initiating a discussion in this thread? Is it proper protocol to spam his other 2 other WTB threads when he's not yet on the PL?

Not that I disagree with the nomination in principle but this guy has been here for a total of what three days? He's likely not aware of the "rules of engagement" - I would also suggest that POV ask Arch to link to the Rules IN the WTB section The Rules The WTB section isn't in the same sub-forum as this one so the only "rules" posted there are the guidelines for use - Arch's WTB guidelines

The fact that you even got interest in the first Dr Strange appearance should make you happy.... :baiting:

Is the deal confirmed in writing in those PM's, YES you quoted a time so what's that PM say?

"$275 works. Please send me your paypal addy so I can send payment. Thanks!"

Sure sounds like a done deal to me. :makepoint:

Did you make him aware today that agreeing to buy and backing out would result in you putting him on the probation list? YES

Is he aware that you're initiating a discussion in this thread? YES (I think). At least I told him I was putting him on the probation list.

Is it proper protocol to spam his other 2 other WTB threads when he's not yet on the PL? To warn other possible sellers of the way this guy works, yeah, I think it's proper.

Not that I disagree with the nomination in principle but this guy has been here for a total of what three days? He's likely not aware of the "rules of engagement" - I would also suggest that POV ask Arch to link to the Rules IN the WTB section The Rules

The WTB section isn't in the same sub-forum as this one so the only "rules" posted there are the guidelines for use - Arch's WTB guidelines

the fact that you even got interest in the first Dr Strange appearance should make you happy.... :baiting:I didn't start a sales thread. I answered his WTB thread.

What would you consider restitution for him to be removed from the PL?

I was wondering the same thing. (shrug) This is kind of an unusual situation for the list. I can't imagine he's going to want to buy a second copy of a book he already has...

Perhaps a public apology at the very least for being a bit of a nozzle??? How hard is it for people to read the rules prior to posting threads to sell or want to buy?

I gotta come down on Shark's side (although the guy should get his 30 days to make good). Shame he does not want to purchase a second copy, but after agreeing on a purchase, he shouldn't have continued shopping on a better deal for another. Just suggests bad faith bargaining on his part :juggle:

Anyway, maybe he will come over here and offer his side of the story or propose some way to make good with Shark.

:gossip: For what it is worth on a newbie, I would probably seek the public apology noted above (hoping the slight shaming would change future behavior). However, I think it is Shark's call to make here :foryou:

Added thought to the above post...looks like Shark may be attempting to still sell the ST 110 (saw it posted again around noon today). I would suggest if you are moving forward with a probation complaint that the book be held until the boardie is placed on the list or you withdraw the complaint. Reason being, if he offers within the 30 days to make good and you no longer have the book it would make for quite a mess :shrug:

Added thought to the above post...looks like Shark may be attempting to still sell the ST 110 (saw it posted again around noon today). I would suggest if you are moving forward with a probation complaint that the book be held until the boardie is placed on the list or you withdraw the complaint. Reason being, if he offers within the 30 days to make good and you no longer have the book it would make for quite a mess :shrug:

I was more than a bit perturbed when he backed out of the deal, but I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and recommend he NOT be placed on the probation list. He is a newbie and I'm sure he didn't know the "rules" around here. Everyone should read the rules prior to buying or selling in here but that doesn't mean they're going to. And it's just sad that people not standing by their word seems to be rather prevalent these days. :(

Perhaps a public apology at the very least for being a bit of a nozzle??? How hard is it for people to read the rules prior to posting threads to sell or want to buy?

:

Perhaps to learn a lesson. Since it was a private deal and the noob apologized in his response i thought that would suffice. Reminding them that their future dealings would land them on the PL making it difficult to transact on the boards seems to go a long way.

I was more than a bit perturbed when he backed out of the deal, but I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and recommend he NOT be placed on the probation list. He is a newbie and I'm sure he didn't know the "rules" around here. Everyone should read the rules prior to buying or selling in here but that doesn't mean they're going to. And it's just sad that people not standing by their word seems to be rather prevalent these days. :(

:applause: