• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So you call it "fighting the evil" now hm

You kids and your euphemisms :baiting:

I probably should have checked the Urban dictionary beforehand to make sure that doesn't mean defiling a baby seal or something as equally pleasant. :eek:

So I extended the olive branch with a PM to tell him the offer is still on the table if he wants and got this as an answer:

I will have to talk a look at my finances after I get paid, and see if those are amounts I can afford right now.

Nine minutes after receiving that, I then got this in the same PM:

GoodAsh has removed themself from this topic.

And with that, I am done playing games with this guy. The deal is null and void and the book will be offered at some point again on the boards.

:o

Talk about throwing away an opportunity to clear his "good" name. And it was so easy to make this go smoothly.

doh!

I an not suprised, Nick. That's why I said +1 when he said he agreed he should be on the list, then gave a sob story. I had already studied his history. he posted this in 2008?

Still here. Don't be a jerk, please. You have no idea what has been going on in my life, so please don't jump to any conclusions.

I have no intentions of going anywhere.

He made one more post that day, and was gone for 3 years with the exception of 1 post.

I do hope he makes changes in his life. It appears that he has not been happy for a while now.

Yep...it's a shame and he is still lurking about despite removing himself from the PM...clicked through somewhere about ten minutes ago...so he could at least have given s-man the courtesy of a response :facepalm:

GoodAsh User Up 20 words per minute since I signed up 9 minutes 47 seconds ago Viewing list of forums

Yep...it's a shame and he is still lurking about despite removing himself from the PM...clicked through somewhere about ten minutes ago...so he could at least have given s-man the courtesy of a response :facepalm:

GoodAsh User Up 20 words per minute since I signed up 9 minutes 47 seconds ago Viewing list of forums

I agree. Having family/money problems is no excuse for behaving this way.

+ 1

We all know where he belongs now.

:sumo:

I must also agree.

Rupp is taking back his :golfclap: from the other day concerning this guy.

If he doesn't care... and its obvious he doesn't... then get him out of here.

I must also agree.

Rupp is taking back his :golfclap: from the other day concerning this guy.

If he doesn't care... and its obvious he doesn't... then get him out of here.

come_at_me_bro_1_by_mezkalito4p-d4cuq99.gif

I believe goodash did reply to s-man's PM but then removed himself from the PM. Strange behaviour if he does plan to eventually resolve the problem.

What the hell does any of this drek have to do with Probation List Candidates. I sign on tonight and see 30 posts of foolishness.

I am PMing Arch - hopefully we can get a real PL Candidate thread where only PL Candidates are to be discussed. That WAS what this thread was meant to be but it has been tooled over 100 ways to Friday.

Anyone trying to figure out PL candidates in this thread have a ton of useless posts to go through.

Whoa!

No whoa. Anyone trying to navigate this thread is in for too much drekitude. This is supposed to specifically about people who are being nominated for the PL/HOS. It is not the Water Cooler but it looks more and more like the water cooler.

I am composing a PM to Arch now. He may reject it because, and I know this from moderating other message boards, things can get too much.

This is supposed to be for discussing CANDIDATES FOR THE PL/HOS. I signed on tonight after just a few hours and saw 30 (thirty) new posts of Water Cooler level. This is not a new thing.

I read people saying they try to check this thread out but it is just too unwieldy.

We have some forumites here who are gung-ho to put someone on the PL or HOS but at the same time they trash this thread to hell.

The superfluous posts should be in the General Discussion thread. But people cannot resist trashing this thread.

"Whoa"???

I read people saying they try to check this thread out but it is just too unwieldy.

What you read was someone who sold to a person on the PL, without knowing it, because he couldn't find the PL list in this thread and didn't realize there was a separate thread that only had the list and nothing else.

He thought that the list was lost somewhere in this thread, but was mistaken.

What you read was someone who sold to a person on the PL, without knowing it, because he couldn't find the PL list in this thread and didn't realize there was a separate thread that only had the list and nothing else.

He thought that the list was lost somewhere in this thread, but was mistaken.

I have read more than that one post. Do me a favor - go through this whole thread like I did when I started to formulate the PL Rules based on existing precedence. Do you have any idea how much junk was in there I had to go through?

Go through this whole thread yourself. Then get back to me when you are done.

Right now it stands at 12,296 posts. Do you really think those 12,296 were about PL/HOS candidates?

True that...

And it is hard to remove the social element from threads here. Conversation is naturally organic and discussions veer off course from time to time (needless to say we veered this afternoon lol ) Anyway, I think clamping down so hard on a discussion thread will have a bit of a chilling effect on participation...brief moments of levity make dealing with the PL bottom feeders bearable Pov...at least for me. Anyway, in my opinion, I think having the thread with the list only is more than direct enough for someone who needs a quick answer and that generally does remain pretty clean of other comments and off topic talk.

I wonder how many posts on this comics forum have anything to do with comics.

hm

Well first it is not a comics forum: it is a Coin and Comics forum (as well as the WC).

But this particular thread impacts people's reputations and also impacts sales/buys. It is different from holding an opinion on what comic book began the Bronze Age or what the difference is between pre-code and Golden Age.

It is designed (or WAS designed) to provide information on deals that went bad, why they went bad, and who is ultimately responsible for those circumstances. It is a VERY different thread than an "opinion" thread.

Within this forum, reputations are on the line. Much different than "Can Hulk beat Superman" or "What is the best 1970's Glam Band?"

Edited by Povertyrow

Whoa!

No whoa. Anyone trying to navigate this thread is in for too much drekitude. This is supposed to specifically about people who are being nominated for the PL/HOS. It is not the Water Cooler but it looks more and more like the water cooler.

I am composing a PM to Arch now. He may reject it because, and I know this from moderating other message boards, things can get too much.

This is supposed to be for discussing CANDIDATES FOR THE PL/HOS. I signed on tonight after just a few hours and saw 30 (thirty) new posts of Water Cooler level. This is not a new thing.

We have some forumites here who are gung-ho to put someone on the PL or HOS but at the same time they trash this thread to hell.

The superfluous posts should be in the General Discussion thread. But people cannot resist trashing this thread.

"Whoa"???

hm I must of missed the poll or vote that nominated you boss of the Probation thread. Was there ever a vote? if so i must of missed it :makepoint:

I wonder how many posts on this comics forum have anything to do with comics.

hm

Well first it is not a comics forum: it is a Coin and Comics forum (as well as the WC).

But this particular thread impacts people's reputations and also impacts sales/buys. It is different from holding an opinion on what comic book began the Bronze Age or what the difference is between pre-code and Golden Age.

It is designed (or WAS designed) to provide information on deals that went bad, why they went bad, and who is ultimately responsible for those circumstances. It is a VERY different thread than an "opinion" thread.

Within this forum, reputations are on the line. Much different than "Can Hulk beat Superman" or "What is the best 1970's Glam Band?"

francis.jpg

hm I must of missed the poll or vote that nominated you boss of the Probation thread. Was there ever a vote? if so i must of missed it :makepoint:

There was no poll that nominated me "boss of the Probation thread." But I can certainly express my observation. And I can take action if I feel it is really valid.

Is anything I said in my post you quoted incorrect?

Do you think this particular thread is unique on the boards because it expressly impacts the reputations and even existence of fellow forumites? Because it is a vehicle to help recover either money or product to forumites who have been *spooned* over? Or is it just another fun and game thread?

There are a ton of threads to joke, cajole, barb etc here. Why can't this one be left for what it was intended for?