• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This is silly.

The dude can sell to whoever he wants. He's likely going to lose sales because of it, but he's not doing anything wrong. If you don't like what he's doing don't give him any of your business, or better yet, block him.

Maybe we should have a vote to see if we should put people on the PB list that knowingly sell to members on the PB list.

:popcorn:

You'd probably be best served not bypassing your ignore function and stop trolling me.

Vote? How will it make a difference? I questioned another sellers rules about HOSs "welcome" and it became a joke. His books were cheap and he obviously has friends here. So it was ignored and he still sold his books. I think it's good to have some rules, but there are always going to be those that chose to ignore them. I usually stay out of this stuff, especially when it's something we all know anyways.

Three things:

1. Taken right from the guidelines: "Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk."

2. Every time RMA posts it's like a pending pile up on the dude.

3. At the end of the day it's just a comic book forum, relax.

No, he shouldn't end up on the probation list.

This is silly.

The dude can sell to whoever he wants. He's likely going to lose sales because of it, but he's not doing anything wrong. If you don't like what he's doing don't give him any of your business, or better yet, block him.

But it undermines the system in place.

Sure, you can sell to whomever you want, at your own risk, but I see it as a slap in the face to those who are still owed.

(shrug)

You'd probably be best served not bypassing your ignore function and stop trolling me.

hm

Maybe we should have a vote to see if we should put people on the PB list that knowingly sell to members on the PB list.

hm

I never said your name. I might be talking about someone else.

Now, mind your ignore and...ignore.

This is silly.

Sure, you can sell to whomever you want, at your own risk, but I see it as a slap in the face to those who are still owed.

(shrug)

+1

Folks can make all the excuses they want but that's exactly what it is.

This is silly.

(shrug)

+1

That may be, but you have the right and ability to ignore him. No where in the rules does it say "No Selling to Probation/Hall of Shamers" and until it does, it's not breaking the rules.

It may be an "unwritten rule" but unwritten rules are enforced by individual members.

so if it's a slab in the face to the community. maybe we should vote on getting it added to the rules.. otherwise just don't buy from or sell to him.

This is silly.

(shrug)

+1

That may be, but you have the right and ability to ignore him. No where in the rules does it say "No Selling to Probation/Hall of Shamers" and until it does, it's not breaking the rules.

It may be an "unwritten rule" but unwritten rules are enforced by individual members.

so if it's a slab in the face to the community. maybe we should vote on getting it added to the rules.. otherwise just don't buy from or sell to him.

:idea:

:applause:

I was ready to buy one, until I saw that statement...

So now it is uncool to purchase a book from someone who possibly might knowingly sell to someone on the probation list. I also assume it is uncool to buy from someone who buys from someone on the probation list. Just so I stay cool, is it bad form to sell to someone who sells to someone who has sold to someone on the probation list? What is the allowable degree of separation? For instance, let's say I bought a book from someone who once sold a book to someone who a while back bought a book from someone whose sister is dating someone on the probation list. Should I return the book using that as an excuse? It sounds like I would be justified.

Not "might" Richard, he welcomed probationers. People on the probation list are there because they did something "uncool" to another member here.

What I find a "slap in the face" to the board, was his posting that they are welcome.

I don't have a problem with someone selling a book unintentionally, or even to an old friend or customer off the record, but the "welcome" thing, is just an effort to upset people.

He's obviously upset, all the popcorn, posting the "don't feed the troll thing under my post" it's acting out some grievance. I have no idea why, but when someone acts this way, I don't know that I care to find out.

So now it is uncool to purchase a book from someone who possibly might knowingly sell to someone on the probation list. I also assume it is uncool to buy from someone who buys from someone on the probation list. Just so I stay cool, is it bad form to sell to someone who sells to someone who has sold to someone on the probation list? What is the allowable degree of separation? For instance, let's say I bought a book from someone who once sold a book to someone who a while back bought a book from someone whose sister is dating someone on the probation list. Should I return the book using that as an excuse? It sounds like I would be justified.

Not "might" Richard, he welcomed probationers. People on the probation list are there because they did something "uncool" to another member here.

What I find a "slap in the face" to the board, was his posting that they are welcome.

I don't have a problem with someone selling a book unintentionally, or even to an old friend or customer off the record, but the "welcome" thing, is just an effort to upset people.

He's obviously upset, all the popcorn, posting the "don't feed the troll thing under my post" it's acting out some grievance. I have no idea why, but when someone acts this way, I don't know that I care to find out.

:facepalm:

Three things:

1. Taken right from the guidelines: "Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk."

YEP!!! It's a bummer that he pulled this, but I know think I know where he's coming from.

2. Every time RMA posts it's like a pending pile up on the dude.

YEP!!! Y'all wonder what's up with him? I'd be surprised if he didn't feel that most of the members here actively wish he weren't around. How much community spirit is that supposed to instill in him? What has he done that's so freakin' intolerable? He's too argumentative? Is that really all there is to it? I'd take him over self-professed 'comic kings' most days of the week.

3. At the end of the day it's just a comic book forum, relax.

Er...

No, he shouldn't end up on the probation list.

AGREED!!!

All depends. Is the sister hot?

From my point of view, the value of the probation list is twofold. Firstly it shows potential buyers or sellers who has a record for being bad to deal with and therefore protects the potential buyers and sellers. Secondly it is a significant incentive for anyone buying or selling to conduct themselves in an honest and honourable manner, basically honour your deals or you'll be put on the probation list and it'll stop people from dealing with you.

RMA has welcomed probation listers so is obviously not worried about being ripped off by anyone which is his potential problem. By stating that he welcomes probation listers though, he's deliberately giving those who have been put on the list for reneging on a deal, a way to buy here and therefore lessen the effectiveness of the probation deterrent.

There aren't any rules against dealing with probies so if RMA doesn't give a damn about those who have been messed around by those on the list, there's nothing to stop him from doing so. In my opinion, there should be something in the rules about it though so maybe it should be put to the boards to amend the rules?

From my point of view, the value of the probation list is twofold. Firstly it shows potential buyers or sellers who has a record for being bad to deal with and therefore protects the potential buyers and sellers. Secondly it is a significant incentive for anyone buying or selling to conduct themselves in an honest and honourable manner, basically honour your deals or you'll be put on the probation list and it'll stop people from dealing with you.

RMA has welcomed probation listers so is obviously not worried about being ripped off by anyone which is his potential problem. By stating that he welcomes probation listers though, he's deliberately giving those who have been put on the list for reneging on a deal, a way to buy here and therefore lessen the effectiveness of the probation deterrent.

There aren't any rules against dealing with probies so if RMA doesn't give a damn about those who have been messed around by those on the list, there's nothing to stop him from doing so. In my opinion, there should be something in the rules about it though so maybe it should be put to the boards to amend the rules?

Personally, I think he's doing this to ruffle feathers and gain attention. There may be no rule against doing what he's doing, but as a community most of us agree that not selling to folks on the probation list helps to encourage those probbies to make good on their past dealings before being allowed back to buy. By flaunting this probation list, RMA is sending a message to those folks who have been screwed over that he doesn't care about their situation & also that he could care less about being a member of this community. Just my 2c

Would I sell to someone on the PL list? No, I would not because A) I don't trust them and B) They likely owe someone else money and I would not want to take their money b4 Board-Member-X gets theirs. .

I would put B before A, but this is pretty much why i think it's a poopie thing to do purposely (tsk)