• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

hm I must of missed the poll or vote that nominated you boss of the Probation thread. Was there ever a vote? if so i must of missed it :makepoint:

There was no poll that nominated me "boss of the Probation thread." But I can certainly express my observation. And I can take action if I feel it is really valid.

Is anything I said in my post you quoted incorrect?

Do you think this particular thread is unique on the boards because it expressly impacts the reputations and even existence of fellow forumites? Because it is a vehicle to help recover either money or product to forumites who have been *spooned* over? Or is it just another fun and game thread?

There are a ton of threads to joke, cajole, barb etc here. Why can't this one be left for what it was intended for?

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions hm

hm I must of missed the poll or vote that nominated you boss of the Probation thread. Was there ever a vote? if so i must of missed it :makepoint:

There was no poll that nominated me "boss of the Probation thread." But I can certainly express my observation. And I can take action if I feel it is really valid.

Is anything I said in my post you quoted incorrect?

Do you think this particular thread is unique on the boards because it expressly impacts the reputations and even existence of fellow forumites? Because it is a vehicle to help recover either money or product to forumites who have been *spooned* over? Or is it just another fun and game thread?

There are a ton of threads to joke, cajole, barb etc here. Why can't this one be left for what it was intended for?

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions hm

Your point?

And it is hard to remove the social element from threads here.

That's really the situation here - many just like to engage with each other when they can. Even when discussing Probation List candidates. It's the main fun of being on a chat board.

At least we started locking down the HoS/Probation List thread so that wasn't difficult to dig up. But here, you're going to get some discussion.

:foryou:

What the hell does any of this drek have to do with Probation List Candidates. I sign on tonight and see 30 posts of foolishness.

I am PMing Arch - hopefully we can get a real PL Candidate thread where only PL Candidates are to be discussed. That WAS what this thread was meant to be but it has been tooled over 100 ways to Friday.

Anyone trying to figure out PL candidates in this thread have a ton of useless posts to go through.

So a seller or buyer would go through the back and forth banter about the validity or degree of indiscretion before doing business? The answer is no. They check the probation list and if the person is on it won't do business, hopefully. If someone brings up the problem transaction, and it's cut and dry, there is usually a few confirmations, and it dies quickly. If there is some juiciness to the transaction, or disagreement, it takes on a life of it's own and will be hashed out.

To be perfectly honest, I PMed Arch and asked him to make it mandatory to have grown professional men flirting with each other, in every single thread. Still waiting for his reply. :wishluck:

Try to be good today, People. I know it's Friday but...

lol

Post some Superman slabs. That seems to calm the tension, and get us back to discussing comics.

:popcorn::cloud9:

Are you kidding? I don't want Pov mad at me. Besides, I don't own any Superman slabs. :baiting:

Sorry, I think PoV has a valid point. I guess we all lost sight of this.

GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean

The idea here is to keep the constant chatter out of the Probation Thread. That way it stays shorter and more accessible. If you want to discuss what's going on in Forum Sales, try to do so here.

Or is that a little too much structure for us geeks to adhere to?

:eyeroll::facepalm:

I wonder how many posts on this comics forum have anything to do with comics.

hm

Well first it is not a comics forum: it is a Coin and Comics forum (as well as the WC).

Well Semanticsaurus Rex, this particular forum...see above where it says "CGC Forum", is dedicated to comics. There are separate forums for Coins and WC is another.

What might work is encouraging overall discussion of what's occurring on the boards, inviting people to participate openly and freely, and (even if it goes off on a tangent from time to time) make it interesting and engaging to be a part of.

That way, all the diligent people who take the probation list seriously and root out scammers and losers every day on this board will continue to do what they do and keep the probation list relevant.

Short version: Maybe the "Hey you kids, keep your skateboards off my property." way of attempting to administer the probation discussion isn't the one that will ultimately keep the list and the discussion relevant.

Also, your version of "trashed" might not be the same as everyone else's. An afternoon tangent has NOT "trashed" the discussion thread. No need to overreact.

The idea here is to keep the constant chatter out of the Probation Thread. That way it stays shorter and more accessible. If you want to discuss what's going on in Forum Sales, try to do so here.

:sorry:

:gossip: Can you change your signature before scolding us next time? It's hard to take someone serious with "Member of Team *spoon* Clown" showing.

:gossip: Can you change your signature before scolding us next time? It's hard to take someone serious with "Member of Team *spoon* Clown" showing.

You keep that up and I won't sell you the next sweet 3-D Zone 16 that I might find. (tsk)

;)

You keep that up and I won't sell you the next sweet 3-D Zone 16 that I might find. (tsk)

;)

:eek::ohnoez:

Wait a minute. So you didn't say you wouldn't sell me other books.

:whee:

Whoa!

No whoa. Anyone trying to navigate this thread is in for too much drekitude. This is supposed to specifically about people who are being nominated for the PL/HOS. It is not the Water Cooler but it looks more and more like the water cooler.

I am composing a PM to Arch now.

This is supposed to be for discussing CANDIDATES FOR THE PL/HOS.

"Whoa"???

Image1.jpg

panic-attack.jpg

stop-panic-attacks.jpg

Just a general response, not aimed at any one person..

I have not been personally attacking anyone or calling names etc. I am simply expressing how I see things and feel about them. I am putting out some ideas and making some observations. I appreciate some of them may run people the wrong way. But no need to be insulting.

It is a discussion. Hopefully we can get a more structured PL thread going that will be a lot easier to sort through. We will see.

Just a general response, not aimed at any one person..

I have not been personally attacking anyone or calling names etc. I am simply expressing how I see things and feel about them. I am putting out some ideas and making some observations. I appreciate some of them may run people the wrong way. But no need to be insulting.

It is a discussion. Hopefully we can get a more structured PL thread going that will be a lot easier to sort through. We will see.

Gubment. farmer.gif