• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My issues with the OP have nothing to do with the shipment of books.

There are other individuals who are understand and know that their books are being shipped as well. The OP just chose the PL route.

He'll be refunded the FS fee for the three books, two which he already has, and this one.

It appears to me that you are lucky he is the only one who has gone the PL route.

(thumbs u

I dropped the ball because I didn't ship the book right away.

It was a facilitated sketch.

The OP knows the book has shipped and I've offered a refund for the fast tracked fees.

Thanks GoT.

I think all thats left is that B767293 confirm all this and that this means he's rescinding his PL nomination based on this equitable end.

This is the CGC Boards not Ebay.

If you are going to buy from someone look up their reputation / youtube videos / past posts and you'll get a pretty good idea of who someone is. Now in the future people will know how long Godofthunder takes to ship.

Which btw, I don't think is all that long considering he's doing 1 of a kind opps. 2c

You're right this is not eBay. It should be better. And we should strive to a higher standard

You are right buyers should look up sellers. One of those place to look them up is the Probation List. Thats why its here.

I dont care if its 1 of a kind opps, or the 900th person selling their Saga books. If you have the books and the person's paid for the books, you should ship the books in a reasonable timeframe baring some catastrophic circumstances (which dont appear to have occured here). 2 months holding a book when it's been requested to ship is a long time whether its an Action 1, or a sketch.

There are other individuals who are understand and know that their books are being shipped as well. The OP just chose the PL route.

He'll be refunded the FS fee for the three books, two which he already has, and this one.

It appears to me that you are lucky he is the only one who has gone the PL route.

(thumbs u

One again, the issue was handled. There's no reason to beat a dead horse.

I've never dealt with anyone here, but if you have dealt with me on a face to face term, you know my business practice and also know that I don't steal, cheat or lie.

Other than that, enough badgering.

(thumbs u

I've never dealt with anyone here, but if you have dealt with me on a face to face term, you know my business practice and also know that I don't steal, cheat or lie.

Ive gotten enough info from reading this thread to get a vibe on dealing with you. I don't need to deal wit you face to face. Dealing with face to face would be a completely different animal as I might actually get the product from you then. Otherwise dealing with you might result in:

-Ignored PMs while selling other items on the boards

-Books held since late November

-The good old "nobody else has a problem but this one guy" excuse which as RMA and others has pointed out produces the right answer to the wrong question

-A plea to let it go since it makes you look like a fool

-And no where has there been a Mea Culpa and only an attempt to make the spotlight of incompetence not fall squarely on the shoulders of the person who earned it. That being you.

And on your "lie, steal, or cheat" comment: when that is the only nugget you have to hold up to show people that you are a solid dude,well that kinda is kinda like saying "at least I'm better than the crooks, cheats, theifs, and liars" well that ain't a real ringing endorsement.

Well if the dog pile is on, then I guess I'm in it till the end.

This just shows you don't either get it or don't care.

No I do get it SIR! It's called I let it wait for a little too long.

Again, yes, I should of shipped it RIGHT AWAY. But I didn't. Still, the book was his. Incompetence, laziness, whatever you want to call it be it.

Edited by GODOFTHUNDER

[

-And no where has there been a Mea Culpa and only an attempt to make the spotlight of incompetence not fall squarely on the shoulders of the person who earned it. That being you.

technically he did say this:

I dropped the ball because I didn't ship the book right away.

Not quite a Mea Culpa, but at least he see he was at fault for not shipping a book that was paid for.

Of course you'd have to wade thru lots of other responses from him to sift out that little nugget. But it's in there.

I still stand by what I said earlier, I have other books, being held that the owners are aware and OKAY with it. They know they're going to get their books either by mail, or personally held to them.

Why do you hold onto the books for an undisclosed amount of time? Is there reasoning?

I still stand by what I said earlier, I have other books, being held that the owners are aware and OKAY with it. They know they're going to get their books either by mail, or personally held to them.

Why do you hold onto the books for an undisclosed amount of time? Is there reasoning?

I'm going to apologize to anyone here who I've offended.. I'm typing out of clear frustration. To the OP, I'm sorry it had to end like this. But as previously stated, the book was shipped this after and the $30 will be refunded.

Second, to anyone out there in the SS community. If this, in any way shape or form has caused you to have second thoughts in partaking in one of my sketch opps, please give it a second chance.

Thirdly, to answer Jimmy's question. It's sometimes easier to ship a batch of books together rather than a single book at a time. Respected owners of their books are okay with this.

Again, anyone offended. I'm sorry.

(thumbs u

Badgering? I was agreeing with Arex. (thumbs u

Well if the dog pile is on, then I guess I'm in it till the end.

I don't think anyone believes you are a thief or a fraud or anything like that, but not being a complete shyster does not absolve you of any wrongdoing. I am not the quickest shipper myself but I don't make excuses.

I believe that if you just admit you were remiss in the handling of returning books and apologized, it would ring more sincere than claiming only one of the many people, who's shipments were delayed for weeks and weeks, complained.

You are a passionate guy and take the time and effort to get these opps started, don't let something as silly as going to the PO, be an issue. 2c

Oy vey. How the high holy hell are the comments supposed to go the other way? You had the books. You failed to ship. You didn't do your end of the bargain with even a smidgen of concern for a customer getting his stuff in a legitimate time frame.

But since you asked here are some comments going the other way

-yes you did send the books to be done

-yes you did try and contact GoT to get info as to when you would get your books back

-you did get ignored by GoT

-You did get your books held up by this facilitator for the better part of 2 months.

Happy now?

You dropped the ball like a champ. You have yet to own it. Tried to ship the onus of blame to away from you yet have the temerity to ask for the conversation to stop?

You don't give two flying rats rear ends that you held the dudes stuff and were too lazy, incompetent, or couldn't be bothered enough to get his stuff to him. All you give a swinging elephants trunk about is salvaging your future business opportunities.

For shame.

I'm going to apologize to anyone here who I've offended.. I'm typing out of clear frustration. To the OP, I'm sorry it had to end like this. But as previously stated, the book was shipped this after and the $30 will be refunded.

Second, to anyone out there in the SS community. If this, in any way shape or form has caused you to have second thoughts in partaking in one of my sketch opps, please give it a second chance.

Thirdly, to answer Jimmy's question. It's sometimes easier to ship a batch of books together rather than a single book at a time. Respected owners of their books are okay with this.

doh! Really? The PO will actually pick up packages from your house. Call and schedule it day before.

And no it isn't easier to ship a batch together rather than separate. I actually is no easier or harder. That reasoning doesn't hold water.

And what is this about respected owners? Was this guy a non respected owner? It appears that maybe Chris was closer to the mark about you doing this for spite because you and this dude had issues before. Maybe not. But then again maybe.

So what makes an owner respected?