• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

especially if the accused party does something that benefits a lot of members regularly.

For instance?

You'll never get me to say publicly. I've seen what happens...no thank you.

:cloud9:

Someone needs to read the Signature Series thread before posting people on Probation.

Adonis, what would they read there? Is there some form of timeline posted how long the entire process may take?

I'm just asking to understand what you meant.

I mean that I now have about 45 slabs that are living in my office. Which are being boxed up. I created a Post to alert/inform those that I need their current contact information to ship them.

And done minutes before he placed his probation response

Actually I think he posted here an hour and a half before you started that thread.

You're not accounting for LBjarm time. (thumbs u

Up to you guys what y’all wanna do with his PL status. Personally, it's not a close case for me until I get my sketch, which is what this whole drama was all about. So I’ll update everyone once I receive it. Hope I get it in one piece.

Actually its entirely up to you what his PL status is. My 2c is that suspending that question until such time as you do (or do not) get your product seems like a good idea. That said, its completely your call.

This will all be resolved in the next day or so.

I am not keeping or holding his sketch hostage.

Other boardies have sketches that are being held too. He's the only one that took upon himself to go on the PL list.

Everyone else that I've deal with understands and knows that their sketches are coming. Unfortunately one person doesn't.

You seem to be avoiding a couple of yes or no straighforward questions.

:popcorn:

Par-Course

So on 1/18 both of you were aware that there was an outstanding balance due.

Question to those with more PL experience:

Would the 30 day window (for him to pay) start on 1/18 when you sent him the full $197 invoice, or way back on 9/11 when the invoice was for 2 books (the hulk 11 & 12, am I reading your timeline correctly?)

If its the 1/18 date then he still has a few days to make right before being eligible for nomination. If its the 9/11 date, then he's eligible based on whatever was on that 9/11 invoice.

It seems like a fair question. It does seem a little confusing when the actual clock started when dealing with any presales transactions. Dre may be able to help clarify further what the terms of this transaction were.

Would the 30 day window (for him to pay) start on 1/18 when you sent him the full $197 invoice, or way back on 9/11 when the invoice was for 2 books (the hulk 11 & 12, am I reading your timeline correctly?)

If its the 1/18 date then he still has a few days to make right before being eligible for nomination. If its the 9/11 date, then he's eligible based on whatever was on that 9/11 invoice.

It seems like a fair question. It does seem a little confusing when the actual clock started when dealing with any presales transactions. Dre may be able to help clarify further what the terms of this transaction were.

He never paid for the books back on 9/11. Payment is due when the books hit graded anyway so it's not like he had a 30 day window.

The fact that he never paid on 9/11, gave me grief, then still didn't pay when I alerted him of the fact of previous non-payment says volumes.

He never paid for the books back on 9/11. Payment is due when the books hit graded anyway so it's not like he had a 30 day window.

The fact that he never paid on 9/11, gave me grief, then still didn't pay when I alerted him of the fact of previous non-payment says volumes.

Thanks for the clarification.

And it appears he then tried to convince you he had paid already, and had been patiently waiting on you to send him the books.

The challenge is someone paid for Fast Track service, and yet didn't receive that Fast Track experience. Does that make sense, Adonis?

Like I said, I will be more than happy to give him the refund for the FS fee. The book is being shipped out as well.

Books were received at CGC on 10/1/2012

And they were graded no later than 10/30. Maybe you could just lay out the timeline so people can decide if this guy has a legit beef. Were they submitted by you or the artist and when? When did you get the graded books back? Why did you not respond to his PM?

books were picked up the same week of Thanksgiving, along with other books. They have been shipped SLOWLY but surely to people.

As far as his PM, it was just left unanswered. The OP and I have had issues in the past where he's gone behind facilitator's back in order to get their own sketch. Regardless, it's being handled.

Can someone please link a Whitesnake video. :)

and BB I'm not faulting you here, but since the transaction fell off both of your radars until 1/18 (when you rediscovered it, and reminded him of it), is it fair to use that as the 30 day timer?

It would avoid his "argument" that it's not his fault he forgot and you forgot too so blah blah... (again, he's in the wrong here, but using the 1/18 date keeps the whole "forgetting" part of this out of the PL argument)

So Next week nominate him free and clear based on the 1/18 statement of ammount due, and then send him the PL nomination notice email...

(though there's nothing saying you cant go ahead and tell him that's your plan now to try and move things forward faster ;))

I can see the argument for using the 9/11 invoice date, I'm just saying using the 1/18 makes for an easier case.

This will all be resolved in the next day or so.

I am not keeping or holding his sketch hostage.

Other boardies have sketches that are being held too. He's the only one that took upon himself to go on the PL list.

Everyone else that I've deal with understands and knows that their sketches are coming. Unfortunately one person doesn't.

These are inappropriate comments.

If you did not meet the terms of your obligation, it does not matter if 9,999 of your customers didn't mind you not meeting them. If you failed to meet your obligations, and only one person has a problem with it, they have the right to have a problem with it, and they also have the right to not be demonized just because "no one else had a problem."

It is always a false argument.

:cloud9:

are SS facilitators held do different looser standards than other sellers on this board? GoT sure takes an aloof attitude towards this whole transaction.

Not a facilitator thing. Just a GoT thing.

and BB I'm not faulting you here, but since the transaction fell off both of your radars until 1/18 (when you rediscovered it, and reminded him of it), is it fair to use that as the 30 day timer?

It would avoid his "argument" that it's not his fault he forgot and you forgot too so blah blah... (again, he's in the wrong here, but using the 1/18 date keeps the whole "forgetting" part of this out of the PL argument)

So Next week nominate him free and clear based on the 1/18 statement of ammount due, and then send him the PL nomination notice email...

(though there's nothing saying you cant go ahead and tell him that's your plan now to try and move things forward faster ;))

I can see the argument for using the 9/11 invoice date, I'm just saying using the 1/18 makes for an easier case.

That's fine.

I have a lot guys that pay and wait to combine shipping so it fell off my radar for that reason.

My issues with the OP have nothing to do with the shipment of books.

There are other individuals who are understand and know that their books are being shipped as well. The OP just chose the PL route.

He'll be refunded the FS fee for the three books, two which he already has, and this one.

It appears to me that you are lucky he is the only one who has gone the PL route.

(thumbs u

One again, the issue was handled. There's no reason to beat a dead horse.

I've never dealt with anyone here, but if you have dealt with me on a face to face term, you know my business practice and also know that I don't steal, cheat or lie.

Other than that, enough badgering.

Oh contraire mon frere

Dre's guy should go on PL. Way over the time.

I have a few points on the GoT thing.

Are boardies afraid of coming forward for fear of not being able to submit for future sketch ops?

If that IS the case, CGC should look into it because I don't think any facilitator should be able to NOT include someone because they previously had a legit complaint about how an op was handled.

I can understand if personal issues arise between people, that's a little different, I guess, but any intimidation used by a facilitator, especially over issues involving his own negligence and that seems it would be a big no no.

Some of things said during this discussion set off a red flag "Went behind my back to get a sketch" (WTF does that mean), "previous problem", etc.

I'm glad Adonis backed off on the way he originally came at this issue, because it looked REALLY REALLY bad. Facilitators are in a very special position of responsibility and they are representing CGC, not only to customers, but to creators as well. And creators read these forums.

Arex is using Yiddish, Branget is speaking French and Jimmy Linguiniii is kind of making sense...

I'm so confused. doh!

There are too many dates being tossed around, I vote for timelines the next time;)

Getting high and reading the Coin forum is almost as fun as reading the PL

Arex is using Yiddish, Branget is speaking French and Jimmy Linguiniii is kind of making sense...

I'm so confused. doh!

There are too many dates being tossed around, I vote for timelines the next time;)

Getting high and reading the Coin forum is almost as fun as reading the PL

I assume there will be no "stash" coming on the plane. :taptaptap:

I'm so confused. doh!

Well "Branget" is French. ;)

LBJarm brought me to these boards via google search on a 90 day old failed to ship transaction. :)