• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It's unfair to the participants to belittle the thread, and it's spirit tbh.

Another mans trash etc etc.

Some boardies have been incredibly generous, with 'junk' far in excess of $200 being passed on.

Some claimees submit lesser offers, but in their circumstances, it is appropriate for them, so the PIF players are happy.

There is no need to match 'dollar for dollar'. Someone will always like the next offering, even if it takes a couple of days.

It's the principle of it.

It's about being respectful of the concept of giving.

I'm not going to buy a book from someone who does not have the conscience to complete their end of the deal.

It really is as simple as that.

I also think the PIF list should be a sub-section of the PL in this section of the board.

2c

For the record:

I really did drop the ball on handling this refund. It came during a very trying time for my family and myself. I've been cash strapped for (like forever)...but no excuse.

I'd like to say that Jeff (Stronguy) has been very patient and I have been very disorganized and mixed up with my priorities.

So, for the record, I'll have the balance taken care of Wed. or Thursday.

Sincerely,

Jim VK.

p.s. BTW, It came as some surprise to me, after a bit of a hiatus from the boards, to realize that there was still a balance owed to Jeff. I thought it was taken care of, but of course, that oversight is my fault for not keeping better records during that time period.

I need to nominate Ajaxfarrell for the Probation List.

On April 2, 2012 I made an offer on a book and he accepted. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5570768#Post5570768

Payment (Paypal) was sent within 5 minutes.

After a brief delay I received the book and found it substantially overgraded.

On 4/18 Ajaxfarrell agreed to a $130 refund to paid out in installments over 4 weeks.

On 5/8 I had not received any payment but a handful of excuses. I told him that payment by the end of May would be fine.

6/3... no money, more excuses

8/10... after more excuses I received $65 with a promise to pay off the remaining $65 by the end of the week.

8/18... more excuses

9/4... more promises

10/12... more excuses

Today (8 months since last contact) I sent a :taptaptap: ... waiting on a reply

In the past 8 months Ajaxfarrell has run several sales and sold several items. I know he has not been on the boards much in the past couple of month but, then again, neither have I.

What say ye... Probation List or not?

Here is the PM chain for those who are interested:

http://www.boxofcomics.com/Ajaxfarrell_p1.jpg

http://www.boxofcomics.com/Ajaxfarrell_p2.jpg

This is just ridiculous...this is why I don't agree with the PL process, now this guy can just make his refund after 8 months and everything is supposed to be fine. There needs to some kind of repercussion for not only posting in the meantime, selling books, buying books and ignoring this guys refund request. Tough times or not, be a man and handle your business before all else. No excuse for missing several PM's over that long of a period I don't buy it.

I agree with Ryan. And when Ajaxfarrell posted a sales thread, several people took notice and ignored his sales because they did not want to deal with someone on PL, and mentioning his position there is exactly what got the ball rolling. I know your feelings on this situation A.Romeo but the PL works for what it needs to do, provide a warning to people. And those of us who pay attention to the PL know who has been on it, even after they have been removed, and take into account how issues were handled and when into our own buying habits.

Some boardies have been incredibly generous, with 'junk' far in excess of $200 being passed on.

Some claimees submit lesser offers, but in their circumstances, it is appropriate for them, so the PIF players are happy.

There is no need to match 'dollar for dollar'. Someone will always like the next offering, even if it takes a couple of days.

I'm not going to buy a book from someone who does not have the conscience to complete their end of the deal.

I also think the PIF list should be a sub-section of the PL in this section of the board.

2c

You pretty much nailed it right there. Troll Boy is right, there is a freedom of speech and expression in this Country. I would argue however, that there is also a duty to treat each other with respect. The ability to hide behind a screen should not make it an acceptable social norm to insult fellow board members without provocation. That is not the only way to express an opinion and to do so on a subject they clearly no little or nothing about is absurd.

“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”

― Albert Einstein

2c

You pretty much nailed it right there. Troll Boy is right, there is a freedom of speech and expression in this Country. I would argue however, that there is also a duty to treat each other with respect. The ability to hide behind a screen should not make it an acceptable social norm to insult fellow board members without provocation. That is not the only way to express an opinion and to do so on a subject they clearly no little or nothing about is absurd.

“I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”

― Albert Einstein

Troll Boy says enjoy your junk swapping, donkey! (thumbs u

2c

lol Andy. After calling me an animal felcher? What a sanctimonious piece of tripe. Pull the board out of your own eye before you start in on the speck in mine.

My belief is that if you are going to do something for your fellow man, do it. Swapping junk with other like minded folks is just that. It is neither altruistic nor benefitting the common good. It may build camaraderie, and it may be fun, but lets not hand out the Nobel Peace Prize just yet.

2c

― Albert Einstein

Troll Boy says enjoy your junk swapping, donkey! (thumbs u

:lol:

You've struck a nerve troll boy.

2c

lol Andy. After calling me an animal felcher? What a sanctimonious piece of tripe. Pull the board out of your own eye before you start in on the speck in mine.

My belief is that if you are going to do something for your fellow man, do it. Swapping junk with other like minded folks is just that. It is neither altruistic nor benefitting the common good. It may build camaraderie, and it may be fun, but lets not hand out the Nobel Peace Prize just yet.

Animal Felcher :cloud9:

One straw or two Sir? (thumbs u

2c

Animal Felcher :cloud9:

One straw or two Sir? (thumbs u

I'm just amazed you can type that pablum with a straight face.

Years of practice Sean.

I deal with the holy unwashed every working day. It's now my default position, and tends to induce a state of enlighted rapture in my 'clients'.

It's the only way to keep them quiet TBH.

Enjoy your day Sir lol

Enjoy your day Sir lol

I think this particular form of putdown might have been trademarked already. I'm not sure. lol

How in the hell is Ajaxfarrell on the Probation list?

Read back a page - he tells you himself doh!

For the record:

I really did drop the ball on handling this refund. It came during a very trying time for my family and myself. I've been cash strapped for (like forever)...but no excuse.

I'd like to say that Jeff (Stronguy) has been very patient and I have been very disorganized and mixed up with my priorities.

So, for the record, I'll have the balance taken care of Wed. or Thursday.

Sincerely,

Jim VK.

p.s. BTW, It came as some surprise to me, after a bit of a hiatus from the boards, to realize that there was still a balance owed to Jeff. I thought it was taken care of, but of course, that oversight is my fault for not keeping better records during that time period.

I need to nominate Ajaxfarrell for the Probation List.

On April 2, 2012 I made an offer on a book and he accepted. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5570768#Post5570768

Payment (Paypal) was sent within 5 minutes.

After a brief delay I received the book and found it substantially overgraded.

On 4/18 Ajaxfarrell agreed to a $130 refund to paid out in installments over 4 weeks.

On 5/8 I had not received any payment but a handful of excuses. I told him that payment by the end of May would be fine.

6/3... no money, more excuses

8/10... after more excuses I received $65 with a promise to pay off the remaining $65 by the end of the week.

8/18... more excuses

9/4... more promises

10/12... more excuses

Today (8 months since last contact) I sent a :taptaptap: ... waiting on a reply

In the past 8 months Ajaxfarrell has run several sales and sold several items. I know he has not been on the boards much in the past couple of month but, then again, neither have I.

What say ye... Probation List or not?

Here is the PM chain for those who are interested:

http://www.boxofcomics.com/Ajaxfarrell_p1.jpg

http://www.boxofcomics.com/Ajaxfarrell_p2.jpg

This is just ridiculous...this is why I don't agree with the PL process, now this guy can just make his refund after 8 months and everything is supposed to be fine. There needs to some kind of repercussion for not only posting in the meantime, selling books, buying books and ignoring this guys refund request. Tough times or not, be a man and handle your business before all else. No excuse for missing several PM's over that long of a period I don't buy it.

As we say over and over, his name is still in the PL List thread, probably repeatedly. And it's still here. Just because he's removed from future updates to the PL doesn't mean the history is expunged or whatever.

Wouldn't it be simpler to add them the regular PL, instead of creating a new one, and adding a comment that it was a PIF violation? It is done that way for off the board deals involving board members.

hm

I like this,it's simple and makes the process more organized.

I think there was someone from a Christmas rafflle who refused to mail to England, EVEN when the winner offered to pay postage. I think the winner was AnfieldFox, don't remember the person who would not mail the item.

Supagimp.