• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I agree with Ryan. And when Ajaxfarrell posted a sales thread, several people took notice and ignored his sales because they did not want to deal with someone on PL, and mentioning his position there is exactly what got the ball rolling. I know your feelings on this situation A.Romeo but the PL works for what it needs to do, provide a warning to people. And those of us who pay attention to the PL know who has been on it, even after they have been removed, and take into account how issues were handled and when into our own buying habits.

It was helpful that several people were willing to post in his sales thread that he was on the PL. That caused him to shut down the thread and come here to try to make amends.

It does seem implausible that an active board member could somehow have missed the multiple PMs asking him to complete payment. Once it's confirmed that he has made the payment, though, he should come off the PL. The alternative is to nominate him for the HoS. But assuming this is a one-time transgression, his behavior wouldn't appear to merit that.

What is PIF?

The "Pay It Forward" thread over in Comics General...the original thread starter posted something for free with the idea that any boardie can come along and claim it, in exchange for posting something else for free that any other boardie can claim, ad infinitum. So, whatever the current item is on offer, you (or anyone else) can claim it, then you have to post something that you will give to the next claimant, etc...

Paypal gives you what, 45 days to file a claim?

Correct, does that mean 45 days is acceptable here to ship an item to your buyer?

Nope, we've got a 30 day rule for a transaction to be completed. As long as it doesn't mess with your ability to file a Paypal claim, I kinda think you should wait the 30 days from the date of y'allses transaction, if you can dig it.

Thank you, I will wait until day 30. Not that far off anyway.

I also haven't received my order from the same person..Real notified me he hadn't and the person is still selling things

Pay It Forward

or as Fingh refers to it: Pass The Trash

doh!

I see we have hit a new low in board history.

:eyeroll:

It was a lawyerly perspective on contract law applicability with enough disdain for the goods & participants to make it entertaining.

I'm not thinking sainthood is in the cards for most PIF'ers considering the entry point for most is acquiring free items that they want.

While I think the PIF is good for creating personal relationships in the community - it's not worth looking to incite a PC torches & pitchforking moment - if that's your intent with your "new low point in board history call-out".

:baiting:

3vk3g9.jpg

Some day ill be as virtuous as you two, God willing. Thank you for being such a good example.

Gentle denizens of the CGC Boards, please forgive me for maligning junk swapping. I realize that on a Board where there have been multi-thousand dollar scams, stealing wives, and threats of physical violence, I have set a new low by saying bad things about the PIF thread. Wash away my iniquities, and help me see that meekly perusing threads, rubbing fannies, clapping hands and keeping on the lookout for folks who might want to buy my junk are the proper method of interacting with my fellow man on these Boards.

Finally, please grant me a whole ton of Windex for the phoneys in their glass houses. Thank you.

Troll boy.