• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic Convention 2009

653 posts in this topic

You can come with us on Saturday. We'll probably go after 1pm so we avoid the crowds. Pat and I usually get the sushi there, but they have a lot of other foods to pick from.

A friend that is coming to help me run my booth is a sushi nut. Make sure you come by and ask him. He may want some.

For me ....raw seafood........... :sick:

I <3 sushi. Even eel.

He's been trying to get me to try it for years......no friggin way

But I always say, to each his own (thumbs u

You can come with us on Saturday. We'll probably go after 1pm so we avoid the crowds. Pat and I usually get the sushi there, but they have a lot of other foods to pick from.

A friend that is coming to help me run my booth is a sushi nut. Make sure you come by and ask him. He may want some.

I <3 sushi. Even eel.

You can use that stuff to catch something that would fry up real good. (thumbs u

christmas, i'm already going to be spending innumerable hours in a car with Watson and crashing on the floor of his hotel room at least one night, why would i want to spend any more time with him than that?

have you not met the guy?

Shoot me a PM as we get closer to the show. We'll figure out a way to be scarce when the lunch hour starts rolling around. I want to hear about this whole Doom Patrol madness of yours.

Doom Patrol (shrug)

don't listen to Pat, he's clearly lost his marbles. The Doom Patrol is a series, with crappy writing, -poor artwork and stories that are cornier than King Kong's poo after his statewide rampage through upper Nebraska

Which is why I keep trying to find HG copies of the non-reprint issues..

Pat, who likes goofy comics..

doh!

I <3 sushi. Even eel.

You can use that stuff to catch something that would fry up real good. (thumbs u

I agree lol

Anybody going to be waiting in the Tim Sale line?

I've got a few pages I'd like him to sign. I'll alternate "line waiting" with someone, so that you don't lose all day waiting.

Kris (thecollector) and I did this at Heroes one year for Ed McGuiness. Worked out pretty well.

I've got a few pages I'd like him to sign. I'll alternate "line waiting" with someone, so that you don't lose all day waiting.

Kris (thecollector) and I did this at Heroes one year for Ed McGuiness. Worked out pretty well.

Oh shiite, chrisco will be at this show too.

Damn, I gotta get my arse up there fo sho.

yup! (thumbs u

I was close to getting a sketch last year from him. I think I missed it by 6 or 7 people. I'm thinking of trying again.. get up at the butt crack of dawn

yup! (thumbs u

I was close to getting a sketch last year from him. I think I missed it by 6 or 7 people. I'm thinking of trying again.. get up at the butt crack of dawn

does he only do the first couple of people on line or something?

yup! (thumbs u

does he only do the first couple of people on line or something?

Yuppers Here is a snippet from his site

At conventions I generally work in two modes: commission sketches, and free signing/doing head sketches.

I work the commissioned drawings with what I call a "Fastpass" method. At the start of each day, I have a certain number of sketches -- 15-minute drawings -- that I will do that day, and I give out slips of paper with a time to return and watch me create your drawing. While the fastpasses are open to anyone, NO ONE GET'S TO GET IN LINE EARLY. This means that folks with exhibitor badges are not allowed to line up before the doors open, and anyone that does line up before the doors open will be asked to leave the line. I also keep an eye peeled for people who get in early lurking nearby, ready to punce when the doors open, and I frown heavily upon that, too. Having said that, I have no rule against an exhibitor getting a FP, per se, just against people getting an unfair head start. I like to believe people are good, and that it is understood that this should be an experience that is fun and beneficial to us both, and I find that strictly enforced rules often make everything easier.

Please contact me for my rates.

We will need to agree that I will draw what is requested, and if it is not a character that I am familiar with, I will need reference. I supply paper, but will also be happy to draw in a sketchbook. If you supply your own paper, please make it a vellum, or rough, surface, not a smooth or plate, surface. The rougher side of a backing board will do, but keep in ind that backing boards are no archival, meaning the acids in the board will yellow and deteriorate over time. The paper I use is archival.

I generally do about 8-10 drawings each day, and it's my fortunate experience that the passes go quickly, like in the first 5 minutes of the show, so please line up early if you want one. I work in pencil, ink, and wash generally, but I mix it up according to what I think is appropriate -- the majority, by far, are in ink wash.

The first and last hour of each day, as well as the last 15 minutes of each hour, is set aside to sign books and do head sketches, and I do not have a limit as to how many books I will sign. I do, however, ask that after the first five signatures (which are free), that each signature thereafter requires a one dollar donation, per book, to the Hero Initiative, the non-profit organization that creates a financial safety net for comics creators in need.

Yuppers Here is a snippet from his site

At conventions I generally work in two modes: commission sketches, and free signing/doing head sketches.

I work the commissioned drawings with what I call a "Fastpass" method. At the start of each day, I have a certain number of sketches -- 15-minute drawings -- that I will do that day, and I give out slips of paper with a time to return and watch me create your drawing. While the fastpasses are open to anyone, NO ONE GET'S TO GET IN LINE EARLY. This means that folks with exhibitor badges are not allowed to line up before the doors open, and anyone that does line up before the doors open will be asked to leave the line. I also keep an eye peeled for people who get in early lurking nearby, ready to punce when the doors open, and I frown heavily upon that, too. Having said that, I have no rule against an exhibitor getting a FP, per se, just against people getting an unfair head start. I like to believe people are good, and that it is understood that this should be an experience that is fun and beneficial to us both, and I find that strictly enforced rules often make everything easier.

Please contact me for my rates.

We will need to agree that I will draw what is requested, and if it is not a character that I am familiar with, I will need reference. I supply paper, but will also be happy to draw in a sketchbook. If you supply your own paper, please make it a vellum, or rough, surface, not a smooth or plate, surface. The rougher side of a backing board will do, but keep in ind that backing boards are no archival, meaning the acids in the board will yellow and deteriorate over time. The paper I use is archival.

I generally do about 8-10 drawings each day, and it's my fortunate experience that the passes go quickly, like in the first 5 minutes of the show, so please line up early if you want one. I work in pencil, ink, and wash generally, but I mix it up according to what I think is appropriate -- the majority, by far, are in ink wash.

The first and last hour of each day, as well as the last 15 minutes of each hour, is set aside to sign books and do head sketches, and I do not have a limit as to how many books I will sign. I do, however, ask that after the first five signatures (which are free), that each signature thereafter requires a one dollar donation, per book, to the Hero Initiative, the non-profit organization that creates a financial safety net for comics creators in need.

and thats one to grow on!

thanks for the info!

So my wife surprised me with weekend a weekend hotel room right down the street from the convention, so I am going!!! :headbang:

Anyone know when the tickets for the Baltimore Con go on sale?

Anyone else going?

CGC going to be there for onsite subs?

I'm excited...its my first time at Baltimore... :shy:

went to this show once a couple of years ago, and it was by far the best comic show i ever went to on the east coast. plus the inner harbor is beautiful.

will be going again this year

:grin:

So my wife surprised me with weekend a weekend hotel room right down the street from the convention, so I am going!!! :headbang:

Anyone know when the tickets for the Baltimore Con go on sale?

Anyone else going?

CGC going to be there for onsite subs?

I'm excited...its my first time at Baltimore... :shy:

went to this show once a couple of years ago, and it was by far the best comic show i ever went to on the east coast. plus the inner harbor is beautiful.

will be going again this year

:grin:

Baltimore is in my opinion one of the very best shows period. Outstanding guest list, great people & good times!

See ya all there!