• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic Convention 2009

653 posts in this topic

Quality Inn Downtown? I think I'm there too :3 Got a nice student discount.

But next time, Eric is booking it. xD He gets an even nicer military discount :P

Cool! Do you know the distance from the Quality Inn to the Convention Center?

@Sal & Mark: Well that would explain it! :D I tend to forget that excel documents do that..... :makepoint: Whoops. Thanks. ^__^

@BL: YES I'M GONNA BE IN IT ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME?! xD I don't work my tail off on these costumes for nuttin'! ;) Eric's is almost done and shiiiiitson it's looking BANGIN' :D Put a good word in for me, eh? ;P I kid I kid. But seriously, pick up a copy of the Baltimore Sun and see if that article is in there. I'm quoted liberally and often :D

@Mr.Mylar: It's 0.3 miles away. Like four or five blocks towards the harbour and then maybe two blocks up. BCC is using the BIG GLASS WALLS entry way this year, they're in a bigger part of the convention center. <3 It's graduating! :D

edit: here, this should show you. It's like sixish blocks or something.

Baltimore Weather for the weekend

Oct 9 Tomorrow

A shower or two around the area in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Warm. High 81F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Oct 9 Tomorrow night

Isolated thunderstorms in the evening, mainly cloudy overnight with a few showers. Low 68F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Oct 10 Saturday

Occasional showers possible. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

Oct 11 Sunday

Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

Last year it rained cats and dogs around lunch time on Saturday and Saturday night we walked back in the rain from dinner. Out of 15-20 people only Bob Storms had an umbrella. I will have one this year.

I remember all that rain xD I stayed inside for lunch. It drizzled on the way there but it wasn't too bad. It had stopped raining when I went back to the hotel, and I stayed inside and hung out at the bar. .My friends went out in the pouring rain at 9pm to find food....hilarity ensued xD

I'm only going to meet BL and Han. :luhv:

That's a terrible reason. Everyone knows girls from Baltimore are really short and exceedingly rude! :makepoint:

Reading this late, but I must concur. (My wife is short and can be exceedingly rude, especially to people that cut her off in traffic or telemarketers. It's really quite terrifying...) lol

Quality Inn Downtown? I think I'm there too :3 Got a nice student discount.

But next time, Eric is booking it. xD He gets an even nicer military discount :P

Cool! Do you know the distance from the Quality Inn to the Convention Center?

Hope to see you there, Mike. :thumbsup:

OK, I'm here!! Hotel Monaco on Charles Street. Tried to walk out for dinner....and got a little sheered. Ate at the hotel restaurant.

Can't wait to hit Geppi's tomorrow, the con dinner tomorrow night, and the con on Saturday! :banana:

OK, I'm here!! Hotel Monaco on Charles Street. Tried to walk out for dinner....and got a little sheered. Ate at the hotel restaurant.

Can't wait to hit Geppi's tomorrow, the con dinner tomorrow night, and the con on Saturday! :banana:

Welcome to Baltimore, hon! :hi:

Wasonff and I are here safe and sound. Arex and Doc should be here in a half hour and I talked to Roy and Louise on the phone and they are a few hours behind us.

Jim

I can't wait.

I need this break big effin time.