• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CUSTOM OAK DISPLAYS FOR CGC GRADED COMICS/99-100 % UV GLASS PROTECTION. NICE

36 posts in this topic

Hi folks, I have been looking for a way to display my cgc graded comic and went to the woodshop in the garage and made these. Made from solid red oak, hand stained and shellaced, they turned out so well I thought I would offer to make them on order. You wont find anything like this anywhere else.

The glass case display is custom made to fit 3 graded comics nice and snug. Museum grade 100 % protected glass can be cut to fit at your local HobbyLobby, or Michaels craft store (or wherever you can find it). It cost 30-45 dollars for the size that fits this case. I even made a jig that allows level mounting in 5 minutes (level even side by side as shown in pics) .

Prices are as follows

Glass display case (fits 3 only) (without glass, I install mounting brackets)

140.00 + shipping ( weighs about 8 lbs)//// Your total cost around 200.00

I also am offering the case without the glass front (case on top of pic)

Fits 3 cgc graded comics 50.00 + shipping (3 lbs)

Fits 4 cgc graded comics 60.00 + shipping (4 lbs)

Fits 5 cgc graded comics 70.00 + shipping (5 lbs)

Must make payment first because these are labor intensive.

First come first serve . I can make about 4-5 glass cases a week.

Pm with orders, questions I will resond as soon as I can Thanks --- Wes

DISPLAYhangingnewest002.jpg

DISPLAYhanging002.jpg

DISPLAY3003.jpg

DISPLAY3006.jpg

DISPLAY3008.jpg

DISPLAY2006.jpg

DISPLAY2008.jpg

Case on bottom right (has 100% U.V. protected glass)

DISPLAYhangingall007.jpg

DISPLAYhanging004.jpg

DISPLAYhanging005.jpg

DISPLAYhangingall008.jpg

DISPLAYhangingall001.jpg

DISPLAYhangingall002.jpg

DISPLAYhangingall003.jpg

DISPLAYhangingall004.jpg

Without cover

DISPLAY2010.jpg

DISPLAYwithoutcover002.jpg

DISPLAYwithoutcover003.jpg

DISPLAYwithoutcover004.jpg

Very nice work. I am going to really consider ordering one of these.

A couple of questions

Without the glass will the comics stay in the frame when hung on the wall? It appears they will but its hard to tell from the pictures.

Can a person request the hinges on a particular side of the frame? Reason I ask is they look a little nicer on the top of the case imho when compared to the side.

Thanks and awesome work! (worship)

Yes comics will stay in frame without front cover (top case on wall has no cover), I put non-acidic foam in the grooves to keep them from scratching. Hinges on top did work out better, but you can get whatever you want.

Nice, but you might want to also consider doing both sides with glass, to easily show someone the back side without having to open the case and remove the slab.

Also, you might want to see about adding some LED lights (top and bottom) to light up the slabs in the case.

It appears that the comics are sitting in a groove on the top and bottom. If so, how do you get them in the groove? Does part of the frame come off to insert the slabs?

David

Just what I wanted to know. They look great BTW.

It appears that the comics are sitting in a groove on the top and bottom. If so, how do you get them in the groove? Does part of the frame come off to insert the slabs?

David

The slot in the top is deeper so you push it up then set it down , it wont fall out.

David

Just what I wanted to know. They look great BTW.

That Captain America # 1 would've looked freakin great in one.

Those are sweet! ^^

Thank you, Hey guys and girls, I know 140 is alot to come up with. You can pay installments. I promise not to disappoint. Im making one out of birdseye maple (50.00) for a 6in x 6 ft x 3/4in piece for myself . It is gonna be so tight.

You market those well, and you could sell a bundle of them!! Nice Job!!!

Ok I'm going to lower prices. 120.00 for oak case without glass.

45.00 for fits 3 without cover

52.00 for fits 4 without cover

60.00 for fits 5 without cover.......... + shipping