• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics Now 4 Bucks

85 posts in this topic

So I went to my LCS yesterday to pick up my books (I go in once a month and empty out the folder).

2 Avengers, 1 Ultimate Spider-Man (last issue) and Requiem, all 3.99.

And to add insult to injury, the USM was speechless. Took me about two minutes to read.

All of my collecting life, I've heard old timers person_without_enough_empathy and moan about the price point at which they could no longer justify buying new comics. I've heard everything from fifteen cents to 2.99.

I think I just hit my price point.

So I went to my LCS yesterday to pick up my books (I go in once a month and empty out the folder).

2 Avengers, 1 Ultimate Spider-Man (last issue) and Requiem, all 3.99.

And to add insult to injury, the USM was speechless. Took me about two minutes to read.

All of my collecting life, I've heard old timers person_without_enough_empathy and moan about the price point at which they could no longer justify buying new comics. I've heard everything from fifteen cents to 2.99.

I think I just hit my price point.

I buy one book (WD) and thats it. Prices are just ridiculous!

I quit when they hit 40 cents.

that was the price point a local comic book store owner told me he quit at. :roflmao:

It was hard to take him seriously after that comment.

I quit at 20¢, right after they killed Gwen.

I quit at 2clol

I was crushed when they went from a dime to 12-cents... :tonofbricks:

So then that would be YOUR 2clol

that was the price point a local comic book store owner told me he quit at. :roflmao:

I started at 75 cents. :whistle:

I get a discount at my shop so I'll still buy, but the book better be good, or it'll be dropped. :sumo:

I started at 75 cents. :whistle:

I get a discount at my shop so I'll still buy, but the book better be good, or it'll be dropped. :sumo:

I started at 60 cents.

Being new to collecting again and also not being a bit super hero guy I have to say I really appreciate the fact that 90% of the books I am buying are only $2.99

If they all go to $3.99 I will definately cut back some or just focus on back issues which are almost always less than cover

I'm already down to less than 10 moderns a month -- 40% discount at DCBS.

$3.99 would be the break point. To maintain my complete FF run, I'd just buy them on ebay in lots if the new issues hit $3.99.

Being new to collecting again and also not being a bit super hero guy I have to say I really appreciate the fact that 90% of the books I am buying are only $2.99

If they all go to $3.99 I will definately cut back some or just focus on back issues which are almost always less than cover

I'm already down to less than 10 moderns a month -- 40% discount at DCBS.

That's about where I am, give or take a few books with monthly fluctuations. But I'm actually buying more books these days simply because I've branched out quite a bit in the past two or three years away from just Marvel.

I only *spoon* & moan about the prices I have to pay to get my GA & SA books. :P

but those are actually "worth something". :baiting:

I'm down to:

Amazing (3x month)

FF

Avengers

DD

Usagi

Tales of TMNT

The Spirit

and any book I feel like picking up, including anytime Nexus, Groo, etc. ever decide to put out a book.

I can take a price increase as long as they stop copping out when it comes to decent writing...

Norman Osborne getting his freak on with every teen girl in the Spidey universe

isn't what I call good writing (any bum could come up those fantasies).

:boo:

And to add insult to injury, the USM was speechless. Took me about two minutes to read

Sad.

Not only are video games more fun, but they're more social, and a much better bang for your buck. With multiplayer gaming, you can spend $60 and get hundreds or even thousands(if you have no job) of hours of entertainment.