• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

one of the nicest low grade AF 15 copies I have seen

29 posts in this topic

first of all, this is not my book, I am not hyping something I own

But for being a 1.5, this is a real nice looking AF #15

You could have a 4.0 not look that good

Anyone looking for a grail?

LINK

RADCD97B200938_115254.jpg

Man, that IS a nice looking copy. Wonder why it graded so low? I see the spine split, but is that enough by itself to knock a book down to a FR/GD? I mean, there isn't any Marvel Chipping on this at all. Very strange... hm

That back cover has got to have some pieces missing...or possibly even interior.

Great looking copy for the grade and should be in a Mylar.

(thumbs u

Is that a stain, possible water stain near Spidey?

Stain plus the spine split=1.5

It's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like it's just the reflection from the dude taking the picture of the book (i.e. I think I can see his one arm extended up on the left side of the book, his head, and body, etc... tough to see, but having seen a few reflections on books before, I think that's what it is... ) Dude taking the pic probably should have angled the camera a bit more so that it got the reflection from the ceiling (or better yet, found a scanner if possible and scanned it).

That said the spine split, and the PQ probably didn't help the grade on this book, although it does have great eye appeal for a 1.5...

Man, that IS a nice looking copy. Wonder why it graded so low? I see the spine split, but is that enough by itself to knock a book down to a FR/GD? I mean, there isn't any Marvel Chipping on this at all. Very strange... hm

:gossip: Water damage - it's pretty noticeable on the back. Eeek.

:gossip: Water damage - it's pretty noticeable on the back. Eeek.

I see the back cover on CLink but I must not know how to tell if a book is water damaged; please explain how you can tell that it is water damaged (I was thinking that any minor changes in color might just be due to a reflection from the dude taking the picture, just like on the front cover, although the reflection isn't as crisp since the back cover has a white background...) :foryou:

I think it's overpriced at the moment. Hasn't AF15 taken a dip recently?

It has, if you shop around you can get a 2.5 for that money, ad a couple of hundred and you can get a 3.0

Looks like a rag too me (shrug)

Well, sure it's a low grade copy. Nobody is arguing that. It just looks better than most lower grade copies. For someone in the market for a low grade AF #15 this might be their book.

High grade snob.

:baiting:

I think it's overpriced at the moment. Hasn't AF15 taken a dip recently?

It has, if you shop around you can get a 2.5 for that money, ad a couple of hundred and you can get a 3.0

I'll be in the market this time next year.

Keep making horror flicks, Raimi!!!!!