• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High grade CGCs and key issues For Sale

121 posts in this topic

Just a quick thought. Lots of nice books not selling. I think the cream pages on some are killing interest as is any obvious off centered cut books. The ones that have white pages like the DD 13 should have sold. As I look here and other places it's becoming clear that page quality is becoming huge as is centering. I see 9.4 Marvels with white pages selling for significantly more than even ow/w. As time goes on I think Silver Age books 9.0 and above with cream pages are going to have to be discounted to sell.

Just a thought

keith contarino

CGC's page quality designation is so inconsistant, that I don't take it too seriously myself. I have books with WHITE pages that should never have gotten that and I have some CR/OW that should be OW/W. I recently opened an Adventure Comics 224 slab that was listed as CR/OW and laughed when I saw how nice the pages where. I am sure I won the book for a lower price than what it would have gone for if the page quality had been OW or better.

Anyhow, I agree with r1970d, those type of comments aren’t appropriate in someone’s selling thread.

Just a quick thought. Lots of nice books not selling. I think the cream pages on some are killing interest as is any obvious off centered cut books. The ones that have white pages like the DD 13 should have sold. As I look here and other places it's becoming clear that page quality is becoming huge as is centering. I see 9.4 Marvels with white pages selling for significantly more than even ow/w. As time goes on I think Silver Age books 9.0 and above with cream pages are going to have to be discounted to sell.

Just a thought

keith contarino

CGC's page quality designation is so inconsistant, that I don't take it too seriously myself. I have books with WHITE pages that should never have gotten that and I have some CR/OW that should be OW/W. I recently opened an Adventure Comics 224 slab that was listed as CR/OW and laughed when I saw how nice the pages where. I am sure I won the book for a lower price than what it would have gone for if the page quality had been OW or better.

Anyhow, I agree with R1970D, those type of comments aren’t appropriate in someone’s selling thread.

Keith is just stating the obvious and making an observation, everybody here knows about PQ, especially WHITE and cream to off-white pages. (shrug)

Just a thought

keith contarino

Anyhow, I agree with r1970d, those type of comments aren’t appropriate in someone’s selling thread.

:signofftopic: BUT I too agree with the CGC PQ observation. Now, for the record PQ is not something I have mastered yet, but I recently submitted a WOLVIE#1 LS that is coming back 9.8 WP. Huh?!?!? My one comment before submitting it was something along the lines of the PQ being rather bad... I do not understand how it's coming back as WP. I guess a whole range of paper color is covered by the designation.

As you were.

Just a thought

keith contarino

Anyhow, I agree with R1970D, those type of comments aren’t appropriate in someone’s selling thread.

Keith is just stating the obvious and making an observation, everybody here knows about PQ, especially WHITE and cream to off-white pages. (shrug)

I'm sure he didn't mean it to be so but it's still rude to start speculating about why books aren't selling in someone's thread.

I'm not saying that what he said will have had an affect, just that it's a bit impolite. Like I said, I didn't think that it was meant to be but I thought it should be pointed out. Not a biggie. :foryou:

Congrats Mike!!!! :applause: :applause: Awesome book, I am jealous!

And PQ has no bearing whatsoever as long as it is not below cream. Some people are funny about that, but being realistic most of us store books well enough to hinder further degredation of PQ. Team that with the fact some paper did not begin as white, and CGC has been thoroughly inconsistent and you have a GREAT recipe for "who the hell cares".

Thats my take on things. But if you are a late SA-BA collector, then I can understand. But I am more concerned with miswraps than PQ.

Showcase 4 CGC 3.5 VG- cr/ow "light stain on every page"

OSPG $2333

12 month GPA average $2669.

A 4.0 just sold last month for $4255

Asking $2350

Showcase4.jpg

:takeit:

(worship)

OSPG $2333

Asking $2350

Showcase4.jpg

(worship)

:applause:

I do like that book

OSPG $2333

Asking $2350

Showcase4.jpg

(worship)

:applause:

I do like that book

And it likes you

This thread is officially closed. Thanks everyone who participated! (worship)(worship)

I'll probably be starting a new thread later in the week but this one needs to be closed since I've moved some of the books over to eBay.

This thread is officially closed. Thanks everyone who participated! (worship)(worship)

I'll probably be starting a new thread later in the week but this one needs to be closed since I've moved some of the books over to eBay.

You should put a link to your auctions in your sig.

OSPG $2333

Asking $2350

Showcase4.jpg

:o Mike???

Congrats (thumbs u

and it's old label so you can probably resub for PQ bump :wishluck: