• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Interesting comment about appealing to Marvel Collectors....because I fall in that category. Now the question is why? hm

Me too. Gil Kane has a lot to do with it...and the costume is a bit darker rather than the Legion type stuff going on at the time....interesting.

Interesting comment about appealing to Marvel Collectors....because I fall in that category. Now the question is why? hm

Me too. Gil Kane has a lot to do with it...

So... why aren`t you all Atom fans, then?

Same reason Marvel Zombies have no love for Ant Man.

:makepoint:

For the same reason they aren't Hawkman, Flash, Aquaman, etc. fans. :baiting:

I know, but its like. "who knows" which book will get hot next? and more importantly, when?

Whichever book people think they can make money on.

Honestly how many people who are buying all these Showcase 22's actually plan on holding this book for 2+ years ?

I think there will be more people buying to hold than we think. I have talked with several collectors who are buying copies to hold now due to the price jump. I am in that camp as well - since it was a stagnant book for so long there really was no hurry to go out and get a copy. Now there is. lol

My LCS has a fair/good copy for $200. No large missing pieces, but there is a spine roll and the cover is detached. Worth picking up?
roy flipped a gd for $350...

I don't think this one quite makes it to good , but I will take another look.

Thanks for the input you two. Anyone else have an opinion?

someone is asking $975 for a cgc 2.5, so a 1.5 at $200 would be a steal by comparison

I don't think this one quite makes it to good , but I will take another look.

Thanks for the input you two. Anyone else have an opinion?

someone is asking $975 for a cgc 2.5, so a 1.5 at $200 would be a steal by comparison

I saw that, though asking and selling are two different things.

I'll swing by after work and have another look.

No objection to that. But did you noticed SC 22 is selling for a lot more than BB 28 in all grades and is now much harder to locate. Speculations or the seat has turned??? Time will tell.

B&B #28 is a cool book, but it is like Avengers #1 in that it is not a 1st appearance of a major character book. This is why I put #22 ahead of it. (thumbs u

It also seems to be more readily available in decent shape than SC #22.

Edited by kimik