• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Yikes!

Looks like another book you have to buy now or pay a lot more later. lol

For any 50s era DC, especially these Showcase books (Newsboys notwithstanding), C/OW is the norm rather then the exception. In fact the only key book in this Showcase run which Ive found to be mostly available in OW or better is #4, which seems a bit odd to me.

Even some of the 1960-62 DCs seem to be more common in CR/OW than OW or better. Must have been the difference in paper stock that DC used vs. Marvel?

My experience has always been that DC paper stock was better than Marvel from the same period, and that it's not really that hard to find OW-W and W early SA DCs.

Quite possibly true...but from recent experience sc22 seems to always have cr/ow paper...at least it appears that way to me...so maybe this book is the exception (shrug)

Quite possibly true...but from recent experience sc22 seems to always have cr/ow paper...at least it appears that way to me...so maybe this book is the exception (shrug)

Sure, sometimes it seems like a particular issue got a disproportionate amount of bad or good paper stock.

Flash 123 is one of those issues which seems to have been blessed with particularly good paper. I`ve seen a disproportionate number of issues with W pages.

For any 50s era DC, especially these Showcase books (Newsboys notwithstanding), C/OW is the norm rather then the exception. In fact the only key book in this Showcase run which Ive found to be mostly available in OW or better is #4, which seems a bit odd to me.

Even some of the 1960-62 DCs seem to be more common in CR/OW than OW or better. Must have been the difference in paper stock that DC used vs. Marvel?

My experience has always been that DC paper stock was better than Marvel from the same period, and that it's not really that hard to find OW-W and W early SA DCs.

Interesting. I think my view is skewed a bit by the fact that I have seen way more SA Marvels locally in Alberta than DCs and in almost all cases the Marvels had white pages (thanks to the dry, relatively cooler air up here), while even the few DCs I bought and slabbed were CR/OW to OW.

I bought it over a year ago and got it slabbed. I was amazed at the page quality and had to buy it. What do you think this is worth since it has white pages? Thanks.

GPA record price for a 6.0 is $3,250, so I'd say your copy is worth at least that. Don't think I've ever seen a copy with white pages, actually.

I bought it over a year ago and got it slabbed. I was amazed at the page quality and had to buy it. What do you think this is worth since it has white pages? Thanks.

GPA record price for a 6.0 is $3,250, so I'd say your copy is worth at least that. Don't think I've ever seen a copy with white pages, actually.

would sell for $3500 + (thumbs u