• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

There are only 11 copies that is 7.5 or better. Rick's 7.5 is probably the best 7.5 out there. Rick's copy is in the top 10% tier, so I think $10000 is a reasonable and fair price. Since guide price is currently $10000 for a 9.2, I predict next year's guide will show a a minimum 20% jump.

Richard, make no mistake about it. $10 grand is an OVERBID hoping anyone would sell a 7.5 at that price. It is not worth $10 grand. Anyone that pays that is purely speculating a price increase or just LOVES Green Lantern. And I do.

pm responded to :baiting:

I think what Rick is saying is his 7.5 is about to change hands...or should I say my 7.5 ?

peewee is a more serious SC 22 collector than I am...stay tuned for developments :insane:

Here's Rick's BC scan of the Showcase 22 7.5...more to come later.

Could you scan the centerfold please? :wishluck:

Here's Rick's BC scan of the Showcase 22 7.5...more to come later.

Could you scan the centerfold please? :wishluck:

He's already posted interior pics of his AF #15 and FF #1 which he has cracked out to lavish them with his affection.

:grin:

A Showcase 22 graded 5.5 PGX off-white pages just sold in comic link for $1700. Looks like if submitted to CGC, in may receive at least a 5.0 grade and possibly a 5.5 grade. Either way, this is definitly a record for a 5.0 or 5.5.

probably...I know I sold a 5.0 for $1500 at SDCC and I heard the guy I sold it to flipped it for 1750...it was cgc...

A Showcase 22 graded 5.5 PGX off-white pages just sold in comic link for $1700. Looks like if submitted to CGC, in may receive at least a 5.0 grade and possibly a 5.5 grade. Either way, this is definitly a record for a 5.0 or 5.5.

probably...I know I sold a 5.0 for $1500 at SDCC and I heard the guy I sold it to flipped it for 1750...it was cgc...

Damn, it is rising fast. I wonder if it will suffer the same fate that Avengers #1 did early this year. It shot up fast for a couple of months, plateaued, and then fell back a bit.

I would equate the Show #22 in 5.0 closer to JIM 83, as it is an earlier and scarcer comic compared to Avengers 1, X-men 1. ToS 39 has an unpopular light green/grey cover comparable to the SA Green Lantern 1 (joker puppet cover).

gator Rick's Show #22 retail prices are soooooo July 26/09. :slapfight:

If GL #1 can hit the same 7.0 price as TOS #39 then I will be happy. :wishluck:lol

Actually, Rick's July 26/09 pricing works fine for me with any SC #22s he picks up in the near future. (thumbs u

There are only 11 copies that is 7.5 or better. Rick's 7.5 is probably the best 7.5 out there. Rick's copy is in the top 10% tier, so I think $10000 is a reasonable and fair price. Since guide price is currently $10000 for a 9.2, I predict next year's guide will show a a minimum 20% jump.

Don't be so sure. OSPG doesn't seem to bow to artificial movie hype demand when they consider raising a key book's price. Marvel Spotlight #5 sells through the roof in high grade since that GR film was announced, but the guide still does not really reflect this because the book is by no means scarce and hasn't stood the test of time. OSPG may give GL #1 and SC #22 a slight bump, but they will wait until a clear trend over years is established before making a 20% or more increase, the way they did for GL #76.

Don't be so sure. OSPG doesn't seem to bow to artificial movie hype demand when they consider raising a key books price. Marvel Spotlight #5 sells through the roof in high grade since that GR film was announced, but the guide still does not really reflect this because the book in by no means scarce and hasn't stood the test of time. OSPG may give GL #1 and SC #22 a slight bump, but they will wait until a clear trend over years is established before making a 20% or more increase, the way they did for GL #76.

I agree with showcase22gr1959. But the 20% bump will come from record prices being fetched on the book, NOT the movie hype. As long as these #22 books continue to surface, I think record prices will be paid. Not because of the movie hype, but because many avid collectors have been looking for decades for premium grade #22s. They could care less about the movie. Just my opionion.

Don't be so sure. OSPG doesn't seem to bow to artificial movie hype demand when they consider raising a key books price. Marvel Spotlight #5 sells through the roof in high grade since that GR film was announced, but the guide still does not really reflect this because the book in by no means scarce and hasn't stood the test of time. OSPG may give GL #1 and SC #22 a slight bump, but they will wait until a clear trend over years is established before making a 20% or more increase, the way they did for GL #76.

I agree with showcase22gr1959. But the 20% bump will come from record prices being fetched on the book, NOT the movie hype. As long as these #22 books continue to surface, I think record prices will be paid. Not because of the movie hype, but because many avid collectors have been looking for decades for premium grade #22s. They could care less about the movie. Just my opionion.

Guys, if market value or movie hype had anything to do with OSPG prices would Action #1 still be a $45,000 book in 2.0 (current market value ~$100K)? Look at GL #76 pricing - even though OSPG was well off the mark for the past 5 years you did not finally see a significant increase until this year (and even now it is still off by quite a bit). It appears that they wait to see big jumps for a couple of years before moving things up in guide by more than the standard 8-10%.

It is also a bit premature to start putting in price bumps since we don't know where this book will settle out yet. I would expect the big jump to come in the 20011 OSPG since the new price level will have stabilized a bit by then.

In any case, buying those 5.0 copies from Rick (and the other one was kryptospidey, I believe) at $1200 was a steal a month ago.

Edited by kimik