• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

...I brought Rick to the booth to check out some cheap GA books and he snags that baby as I watch helplessly.

Nice score Rick!

:applause:

Who's bigger, you or Rick ?

Rick appears to be in the photos I have seen on the boards so no go for Roy in taking it away from him. :tonofbricks:

Edited by kimik

To: showcase22gr1959,

Check your Messages (I sent you a PM last night). As a newbie, do you know how to do that?

Me, too. Just click on the on and off going envelopeon the top, or go to "my stuff" and then "my messages".

Welcome on the boards ;)

...I brought Rick to the booth to check out some cheap GA books and he snags that baby as I watch helplessly.

Nice score Rick!

Who's bigger, you or Rick ?

Rick appears to be in the photos I have seen on the boards so no go for Roy in taking it away from him. :tonofbricks:

I will continue to try.

:insane:

Beautiful book Rick.. COngrats!
:acclaim:

Jus....jus......JUST GORGEOUS !!

(Probably the best all round copy). Has superior PQ...not have the cream pages that it always has.

(Probably the best all round copy). Has superior PQ...not have the cream pages that it always has.

I think the 9.0 with OW pages and perfect centering is the best all round copy, but Rick's copy is definitely a gorgeous one as well.

I think the 9.0 with OW pages and perfect centering is the best all round copy, but Rick's copy is definitely a gorgeous one as well.

I agree...I would take a 9.0 with ow over a 7.5 with ow/w most every day of the week... that said, having owned about 10 copies in the past 3 months, and having chased a 8.0 that, quite honestly is NOT as nice looking as this copy, makes me VERY happy :)

I agree...I would take a 9.0 with ow over a 7.5 with ow/w most every day of the week... that said, having owned about 10 copies in the past 3 months, and having chased a 8.0 that, quite honestly is NOT as nice looking as this copy, makes me VERY happy :)

Definitely! (worship)

Right on brother ! (and this is NOT mine !). But I prefer Rick's PQ...

84039.jpg.60091def4fa3e8856e7305d887db6752.jpg

Yes, much better than the other 9.0 copy that was sold on Heritage before that. And went for a cheaper price to boot, if I recall correctly.

Yes, much better than the other 9.0 copy that was sold on Heritage before that. And went for a cheaper price to boot, if I recall correctly.

I say let's have a bidding war on Rick's 7.5 !!!

I open with $10 grand....Anybody wanna top that ?

I say let's have a bidding war on Rick's 7.5 !!!

I open with $10 grand....Anybody wanna top that ?

Bidding is already open but you mayjust be high bidder.

;)

There are only 11 copies that is 7.5 or better. Rick's 7.5 is probably the best 7.5 out there. Rick's copy is in the top 10% tier, so I think $10000 is a reasonable and fair price. Since guide price is currently $10000 for a 9.2, I predict next year's guide will show a a minimum 20% jump.

I walked up to the booth while you were buying it and 1koko told me the price. I thought I had misheard. I hadn't. Congrats!

There are only 11 copies that is 7.5 or better. Rick's 7.5 is probably the best 7.5 out there. Rick's copy is in the top 10% tier, so I think $10000 is a reasonable and fair price. Since guide price is currently $10000 for a 9.2, I predict next year's guide will show a a minimum 20% jump.

Richard, make no mistake about it. $10 grand is an OVERBID hoping anyone would sell a 7.5 at that price. It is not worth $10 grand. Anyone that pays that is purely speculating a price increase or just LOVES Green Lantern. And I do.

Richard, make no mistake about it. $10 grand is an OVERBID hoping anyone would sell a 7.5 at that price. It is not worth $10 grand. Anyone that pays that is purely speculating a price increase or just LOVES Green Lantern. And I do.

It is not much of an overbid in the current market where demand far outsrips supply of copies. (thumbs u

pm responded to :baiting:

I think what Rick is saying is his 7.5 is about to change hands...or should I say my 7.5 ?

I think what Rick is saying is his 7.5 is about to change hands...or should I say my 7.5 ?

That is awesome!!

Now you gotta crack that puppy out and post pics.

(worship)