• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I would probably lean towards Clink over Comicconnect right now, but that might change in a year or two when Cconnect gets more traction.

I dunno about that.

CC had some pretty good results with DC books. Tec 400, Flash 175. And of course, they set the bar with GL 76. Seems Sc 22 would be right up their ally.

The current CL auction has very good books too, so I guess we can further judge prices realized.

I would probably lean towards Clink over Comicconnect right now, but that might change in a year or two when Cconnect gets more traction.

I dunno about that.

CC had some pretty good results with DC books. Tec 400, Flash 175. And of course, they set the bar with GL 76. Seems Sc 22 would be right up their ally.

The current CL auction has very good books too, so I guess we can further judge prices realized.

Yeah, but Clink would have realized those prices too on the GL 76, Tec 400, etc. since they were the highest graded copies. Where Clink tends to amaze me is their prices on non-key and non-highest graded books. CC might be the best place to go in a year or two from now, but right now Clink is still the safest bet IMHO based on their track record (which CC is still developing).

Edited by kimik

I would choose Comic Connect at the moment for this specific book because they are better at generating the press machine over a number of different types of media -- I also think you are trying to set a record high with this book and you may have "less competition" to be the "prime" book in an auction. Comiclink gets a lot of top books -- and I think some really good ones can get lost -- I bet your book in C Connect auction would be one of the featured best 2 or 3.

I predict you've got a $25k+ book on your hands.

I would choose Comic Connect at the moment for this specific book because they are better at generating the press machine over a number of different types of media -- I also think you are trying to set a record high with this book and you may have "less competition" to be the "prime" book in an auction. Comiclink gets a lot of top books -- and I think some really good ones can get lost -- I bet your book in C Connect auction would be one of the featured best 2 or 3.

I predict you've got a $25k+ book on your hands.

Good points. I stand corrected. (thumbs u

My only issue is that CC has not been around long enough to have established a pattern of generating top prices. I consider the Action #1s in the past and those 9.6/9.8 highest graded DCs as gimmes to be honest - they would have fetched to dollar on either Clink or CC.

However, I since this is a big $$$ book right now, I would probably go with whichever auction house gave me the best seller's rate (maybe negotiate 0% with CC?). Even a couple of points will mean decent coin in your pocket. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik

so . . . . I have a bunch of dealers wanting to sell my 8.5,

where would you list it?

Joe

Out of curiosity what do you mean by this? Do you mean you're actively shopping the book around or do you mean you've been receiving unsolicited requests to broker a deal for you? I'm just curious as this is the best copy I have seen floating around and was wondering how much interest its garnering since you posted it. :)

FWIW I would go with CLink. Sure, they will have more of the better books. But aside from the always present AF15's, they'd be hard pressed to find a better condition, hotter key book than this one right now for one of their Focused Auctions. Not saying CConnect wouldn't do a good job but my gut says CLink. Of course my gut has been known to have for brains. (thumbs u

here is my one pick up from chicago

chicago09008.jpg

Thanks to Rick for the speeeedy service and the opportunity to own this GEM. Anyone wanting to do biz with Rick will have no problema. He's fast, knowledgeable, fair, honest, and ships ultra fast. Enjoy the scans of a 50 year old rare event!

84495.jpg.e92a0837b41d8ae455a15536ce0ab025.jpg

84496.jpg.c22d5d010a27068f933b817b3b7c6583.jpg

84497.jpg.9aedc5535e823e85affa60c2f69c1967.jpg

84498.jpg.62bdcef34b85e49b169245603d335692.jpg

84499.jpg.27eb3e277fe93bb2bbc457bd45faf174.jpg

chicago09008.jpg

Thanks to Rick for the speeeedy service and the opportunity to own this GEM. Anyone wanting to do biz with Rick will have no problema. He's fast, knowledgeable, fair, honest, and ships ultra fast. Enjoy the scans of a 50 year old rare event!

Well done!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Bone white pages!!! Congrats!!! Over five digits???

chicago09008.jpg

Well done!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Bone white pages!!! Congrats!!! Over five digits???

You cracked that out? :o

I have nothing against people cracking out books but I think I would have a heart attack even considering doing so on a book like that. I'd be too nervous to handle it. Still, well done sir.

chicago09008.jpg

You cracked that out? :o

I have nothing against people cracking out books but I think I would have a heart attack even considering doing so on a book like that. I'd be too nervous to handle it. Still, well done sir.

:o GASP....... (thumbs u

Peewee's also cracked out his FF #1 and AF #15 and shared those pics with us.

I'm thankful that the hobby has people like this as comics are for sharing, not hiding.

Thanks for that!

As I read my Showcase #22 from Chicago (just before I sold it on here last week) I thought about taking pics and then forgot about it.

Thanks for that wonderful eyeful!

:applause:

chicago09008.jpg

Awesome (thumbs u

It is an incredible book with really nice looking pages. I salute you for having the guts to open the slab.

Thanks to all.

It takes nerves of steel, a butter knife, and a very sharp pair of Wusthof scissors (the BEST German cutlery in the world).

It is an incredible book with really nice looking pages. I salute you for having the guts to open the slab.

Thanks to all.

It takes ballz of steel, a butter knife, and a very sharp pair of Wusthof scissors (the BEST German cutlery in the world).

fixed that for ya :grin: