• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

We are also likely seeing an initial plateau after most collectors who have wanted a copy for a while now went out and grabbed one. It will be interesting to see how prices hold as more copies enter the market.

With the weak US dollar and interests from overseas collectors and investors, take this opportunity to add a position for the long term if it pulls back a little. ;)

i don't know why i thought that after i retired from the hedge fund biz, i was done w/ hype artists

Yup. I'm pretty much done checking out this thread.

Wait until some new books are posted here and we can ooh and ahh over them instead of fill time with chatter.

Poster: showcase22gr1959

Subject: Re: Showcase #22 Club

Updated list 9/21/09

Top high grade holders and sales of CGC Showcase 22:

9.0 Heritage auction ow

9.0 ComicLink auction ow

8.5 Nicolas Cage Heritage auction crm/ow

8.5 Showcase22gr1959 from threads crm/ow

8.5 Doc Joe from threads crm/ow

8.0 Mound City crm/ow

8.0 Metropolis Comics private sale

8.0 Private collector

8.0 Private collector

7.5 Peewee from threads ow/w

7.5 Palamas from threads crm/ow

7.5 Private collector

7.5 Private collector

7.0 SilverRich from threads crm/ow

7.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink lt/ow

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

6.5 ComicLink ow/w

6.5 ComicLink ow

6.5 Detective27kid from threads crm/ow (not in CGC census yet)

6.5 ComicLink crm/ow

6.5 Private collector

6.0 Showcase22gr1959 from thread white

6.0 M. Wilson (dizneyart) ebay auction ow/w

6.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

Record sales 2009

7.5 ow/w boardie 8/09 $10500

5.5 ow Ebay 9/5/09 $3803.64

4.0 crm/ow boardie 8/23/09 $1700

4.0 crm/ow boardie 9/18/09 $1700

:news: 3.0 ow boardie 9/19/09 $1150

:news: 2.5 lt/ow boardie 9/19/09 $750

:news: 2.0 cr/ow boardie 9/19/09 $600

:news: 2.0 cr/ow boardie 9/19/09 $600

Notable sales 2009

3.0 crm/ow ebay 9/20/09 $961.02

3.0 lt/ow ComicLink 9/14/09 $1125

I want to thank krytospidey for the update and the recent sells figures.

I received an offer of $3803 for my 5.5 OW on eBay. I have not countered his offer. I believe he is not a board member. The point here is that "sellers are not selling to each other" to drive up the hype/frenzy. It's pretty simple there's not that many 5.0s an above available. Once these upper mid grade and higher grades go up... The lower grades will follow

Movie coming out and low supply/high demand = hot book

Edited by SpiderTurtle

I received an offer of $3803 for my 5.5 OW on eBay. I have not countered his offer. I believe he is not a board member. The point here is that "sellers are not selling to each other" to drive up the hype/frenzy. It's pretty simple there's not that many 5.0s an above available. Once these upper mid grade and higher grades go up... The lower grades will follow

From my sells report the last two months, SC22 is doing very well in all grades. I have noticed, some dealers and collectors selling copies and taking profits. But we have to remember, when there is profit taking, there is a profit seeker. High grade copies are more difficult to value, but in the long term it should do very well. We still don't know the full potential of SC22 yet. (thumbs u

From my sells report the last two months, SC22 is doing very well in all grades. I have noticed, some dealers and collectors selling copies and taking profits. But we have to remember, when there is profit taking, there is a profit seeker. High grade copies are more difficult to value, but in the long term it should do very well. We still don't know the full potential of SC22 yet. (thumbs u

Any upside to slight restored 1.8 copies you think?

There recent sales for graded 2.0 is $650, so you 1.8 should be value for at least $400. If I were you, I would just hold on to it for a few years and you may see $600-800.

:hi:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

There recent sales for graded 2.0 is $650, so you 1.8 should be value for at least $400. If I were you, I would just hold on to it for a few years and you may see $600-800.

:hi:

Cool, that's the plan (thumbs u

Agreed! I remember seeing a CGC 5.0 with slight resto. (I believe it's a board member's book) with an asking price of about $1500 on ebay and no one hit the button or made an offer.

Yes, it was a board member's book. I think the last day he reduced the price to $1300. Maybe the seller sold it already.

I showed this raw scan a couple months back as my entry into the 'club'.

Not yet in hand but it graded a 5.0 OW Blue Label from CGC.

scan0004-4.jpg

:applause:

Well done, congratulations and it is also off-white! Post a picture when you get it for the club.

showcasecovblack-1.jpg

A 5.5 should also deserve a premium, since most copies that get graded will be a 5.0 and under.

Sounds like a new list is on it´s way...........

If I add 5.5 to the high grade list than I'll have one more of mine to add. lol:jokealert:

Showcase 22 is in my Silver Age Comics Index:

Top ten well balanced portfolio

(hyper growth, growth, and conservative)

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Yes, these are among the top Silver Age keys. I have divided the ten books in three category: hyper growth, growth, and conservative. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket in any one book, because it would be risky, so I have ten different books for diversification. Overall, the ten books from this list has outperform the S & P 500 the last ten years. To buy all these books CGC 2.0 it would cost a collector or an investor about $12000. 2c (thumbs u

Showcase 22 is in my Silver Age Comics Index:

Top ten well balanced portfolio

(hyper growth, growth, and conservative)

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Yes, these are among the top Silver Age keys. I have divided the ten books in three category: hyper growth, growth, and conservative. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket in any one book, because it would be risky, so I have ten different books for diversification. Overall, the ten books from this list has outperform the S & P 500 the last ten years. To buy all these books CGC 2.0 it would cost a collector or an investor about $12000. 2c (thumbs u

Considering OSPG would give them an 8% bump each year, not a bad return if only guide price bumps worked in the real world. lol