• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Showcase 22 is in my Silver Age Comics Index:

Top ten well balanced portfolio

(hyper growth, growth, and conservative)

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Yes, these are among the top Silver Age keys. I have divided the ten books in three category: hyper growth, growth, and conservative. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket in any one book, because it would be risky, so I have ten different books for diversification. Overall, the ten books from this list has outperform the S & P 500 the last ten years. To buy all these books CGC 2.0 it would cost a collector or an investor about $12000. 2c (thumbs u

Considering OSPG would give them an 8% bump each year, not a bad return if only guide price bumps worked in the real world. lol

You have some really nice GL books there in your signature. :headbang:

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Yes, these are among the top Silver Age keys. I have divided the ten books in three category: hyper growth, growth, and conservative. I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket in any one book, because it would be risky, so I have ten different books for diversification. Overall, the ten books from this list has outperform the S & P 500 the last ten years. To buy all these books CGC 2.0 it would cost a collector or an investor about $12000. 2c (thumbs u

Considering OSPG would give them an 8% bump each year, not a bad return if only guide price bumps worked in the real world. lol

Well thought out list! I would probably swap out the X-men 1 with a JIM 83.

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Where's the Wal-Mat stock? Don't you diversify your port ? (shrug)

Thanks. I have known for a long time that #7 is tough to find in higher grades, but I was surprised at how difficult the other issues are as well.

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

How about this everyone. You can swap anyone book out of this list and choose one of your own Silver Age book. ;)

A 5.5 should also deserve a premium, since most copies that get graded will be a 5.0 and under.

Sounds like a new list is on it´s way...........

If I add 5.5 to the high grade list than I'll have one more of mine to add. lol:jokealert:

hm Then make it 5.0, so we can ad mine, too :P

:news: There is a Showcase 22 3.0 off-white on Ebay 250502348382. As usual, another copy under 5.5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOWCASE-22-CGC-3-0-OWP-1ST-FIRST-GREEN-LANTERN-HOT_W0QQitemZ250502348382QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a531a7e5e&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

Edited by showcase22gr1959

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Showcase 22 and quality Silver Age comics has been doing great the last ten years...who needs stock. Your right...it's good to be well diversify: comics, stocks, bond, gold, and a lot of fortitude to resist an offer of $5000 for my SC22 white pager from you and other boardie offers two months ago. :baiting:

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Showcase 22 and quality Silver Age comics has been doing great the last ten years...who needs stock. Your right...it's good to be well diversify: comics, stocks, bond, gold, and a lot of fortitude to resist an offer of $5000 for my SC22 white pager from you and other boardie offers two months ago. :baiting:

Smart move on the offer refusal...

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Ah, but how many actually think of their books as an investment? Any money I make off my books goes back into my collection.

hyper growth

Amazing Fantasy 15

Showcase 22

Avengers 1

growth

Brave and the Bold 28

Tales of Suspense 39

Hulk 1

Conservative

Showcase 4

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

X-men 1

Ah, but how many actually think of their books as an investment? Any money I make off my books goes back into my collection.

I'm emotional attached to my books and sold very few along the way. I guess my collecting mentality had paid off. I don't see myself selling them unless I needed the money. I guess for us long time collector...the gains are just on paper.

Here's a question to throw out. Does anyone know of an example of a book that lost a major chunk of value? It seems that keys have runups and then may hit resistance, but they never collapse. And I don't mean a book like Howard the Duck, I'm talking fairly major keys.

Here's a question to throw out. Does anyone know of an example of a book that lost a major chunk of value? It seems that keys have runups and then may hit resistance, but they never collapse. And I don't mean a book like Howard the Duck, I'm talking fairly major keys.
AF 15's have "collapsed" of late...

8.0 copies were fetching $80-85K, now the last 3 have gone for $66k, 70K and 72K... that is , as an extreme, a 25% price correction (or collapes, if you will)

8.0 copies were fetching $80-85K, now the last 3 have gone for $66k, 70K and 72K... that is , as an extreme, a 25% price correction (or collapes, if you will)

This pull back for AF15 is healthy for the book in general. It had a tremendous run in 2008. Back in 1990's everyone thought the person who bought the White Mountain copy for 40k was out of their mind. Looks who smiling now. ;)

Haven't 8.5 copies taken a hit as well?

They are still holding up okay in 6.0 and lower, but I think most collectors are priced out about the $10K mark so it will be hard to keep prices up on the high end.

I agree that it is good to see prices come down on AF #15 since there are so many copies out there and the price has hit levels too high for people to sustain IMHO. $10K for a 5.5 copy still seems way too high to me.