• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Something about the asthetics of that back cover makes me :sick:

Right! Not liking the staining on the back cover. :P

That was the main reason why I passed on that offer last Sept. :sick: Besides, at the time, I needed that extra money I saved in order to buy some other books.

That was the main reason why I passed on that offer last Sept. :sick: Besides, at the time, I needed that extra money I saved in order to buy some other books.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Worst 6.5...out there. :P Maybe the buyer was hoping for a 7.0. :insane:

Thanks! But to think that Brian once offered that 6.0 to me for only $4,000 last September (I settled for his 4.0 copy instead), take a look at this ...........

:news: Showcase #22 CGC 6.5 sells for $5,250 !!! :news:

Showcase #22 CGC 6.5 Origin /1st Silver Age Green Lantern DC Comic

Yep, you are right on the dot Victor. I had this book as a 6.0 and sold it a few months back. Sold for a nice price I think. Not sure if the person I sold it to pressed it, resubmitted it, or even resold it to someone else.

(thumbs u

+1- apologies if the newest owner is a boardie but that book is fugly

(thumbs u

+1- apologies if the newest owner is a boardie but that book is fugly

Well, i wouldn't quite call the book fugly. The front cover was indeed very clean with bold colors. The only thing ugly about it are the stains at the back cover, which to me is a good thing. If it were in the front cover than I would call it fugly if it would still grade out as a 6.0/6.5.

while I didn't buy this last 6.5 copy, I have seem to found myself buying a couple of other copies... oh, what is wrong with me lol

:news: This is a clear sign that SC #22 is going to be taking off again soon!

while I didn't buy this last 6.5 copy, I have seem to found myself buying a couple of other copies... oh, what is wrong with me lol

:news: This is a clear sign that SC #22 is going to be taking off again soon!

:whee:

Buy low sell high...buy high and sell higher (a bit harder)...good business model. ;)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Buy low sell high...buy high and sell higher (a bit harder)...good business model. ;)

Tulip mania begins.

Sometimes I buy high and sell low... :(

Tulip mania begins.

2009...a great year for SC22.

Sometimes I buy high and sell low... :(

Good things will happen and more than make up for it. :)

Ryan Renolds in the role of Hal Jordan and the SA Green Lantern won the People's Choice Award for Superhero's in a movie. The other nominees in the category were Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, James McAvoy as Professor X, and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. Interestingly no Batman or Spiderman.

Go figure hm