• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

If the Green Lantern movie had did well, I believe SC #22 might have moved past SC #4 as the premier DC silver-age key. There's still talk of a sequel, but I don't know if the franchise is salvageable in it's current incarnation.

I'm sure Warner Brothers will have to do something to retain the rights. If they bring the same guy back to play Sinestro I'll be happy. He was the best part of the movie in my opinion. Ryan Reynolds just didn't come across as "Hal Jordan" to me.

Marvel successfully redid Hulk with a who new crew and cast. In my mind there is no reason they can't do this again. The problem with DC is that have not got a good franchise going except for Batman. They have to keep trying. They have good material. They just need better execution.

Marvel successfully redid Hulk with a who new crew and cast. In my mind there is no reason they can't do this again. The problem with DC is that have not got a good franchise going on anyone except Batman. They have to keep trying. They have good material. They just need better execution.

Very well said (thumbs u

I think Warner Brothers will reboot it. They are going to be trying to launch a JLA movie here in the next few years or so.

Word is Flash will be made before another Green Lantern movie.

Flash

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

JLA

It will be a while for poor GL. A long while ;)

Got a better scan of this and my hulk 1 done yesterday. I hate having to go to my wife's law office to get these done so I guess I am in the market for a better scanner as well.

SKMBT_C25312041217440_0001.jpg

SKMBT_C25312041217440_0002.jpg

Edited by dscott239

I love this book and it's quite rate relative to most keys! Some people say the book is overpriced due to the last movie hype.....other say it will surpass showcase 4 as the biggest SA dc key.

I defer to my boardie experts!! Whay do you all think?

I'm sure Warner Brothers will have to do something to retain the rights. If they bring the same guy back to play Sinestro I'll be happy. He was the best part of the movie in my opinion. Ryan Reynolds just didn't come across as "Hal Jordan" to me.

Retain the rights? Warner Bros owns DC Comics, they don't have to do anything to retain the rights.

Got a better scan of this and my hulk 1 done yesterday. I hate having to go to my wife's law office to get these done so I guess I am in the market for a better scanner as well.

Did you try to call Liz?

I love this book and it's quite rate relative to most keys! Some people say the book is overpriced due to the last movie hype.....other say it will surpass showcase 4 as the biggest SA dc key.

I defer to my boardie experts!! Whay do you all think?

There was a bit of a run up and now a correction has happened after the movie. Still an extremely tough book with lots of appeal. I think I said it at the start of this thread, that as a Marvel guy I have always liked this book.

Did you try to call Liz?

Yea the number is out of order :mad:, but on another note I sold this copy the other day. So I am in the market for a nicer one. Probably a 2.0-4.0. Though I am still debating if my next purchase should be a showcase 4, a 22, a TOS 39 or a Hulk 181 9.0-9.2

Edited by dscott

Did you try to call Liz?

Yea the number is out of order :mad:, but on another note I sold this copy the other day. So I am in the market for a nicer one. Probably a 2.0-4.0. Though I am still debating if my next purchase should be a showcase 4, a 22, a TOS 39 or a Hulk 181 9.0-9.2

So if Liz answered, what would you have said ?

Though I am still debating if my next purchase should be a showcase 4, a 22, a TOS 39 or a Hulk 181 9.0-9.2

Please let me know when you figure this out because I'm on the same boat. I'm more concerned about the book I purchase depreciating in value and that's why I want to go with the book that has the best chance to retain its value. But I don't know which one, Showcase 4 or 22 :frustrated:

While it depends on your hold time a bit, if you're looking for a long term book to enjoy (and a good investment) I REALLY don't think it matters, anyone should be good for appreciation (and they're both just awesome books)

If you wanted to buy a book to turn around and sell, well Showcase 4 is probably a bit less risky that 22.......

Anyone see there are 2 or 3 copies of Green Lantern 1 (blue 6.0, blue 8.0 and purple 9.0 i think) and 2 or 3 copies of All American 16 (atleast one blue) RIGHT NOW! That's a lot of prestige GL books!! :cloud9:

While it depends on your hold time a bit, if you're looking for a long term book to enjoy (and a good investment) I REALLY don't think it matters, anyone should be good for appreciation (and they're both just awesome books)

If you wanted to buy a book to turn around and sell, well Showcase 4 is probably a bit less risky that 22.......

Anyone see there are 2 or 3 copies of Green Lantern 1 (blue 6.0, blue 8.0 and purple 9.0 i think) and 2 or 3 copies of All American 16 (atleast one blue) RIGHT NOW! That's a lot of prestige GL books!! :cloud9:

I'm not looking to sell the books. I want to purchase one and then just keep it but if there ever came a time where I decided to part with the book (not likely) I would just be happy to get back what I put in.

I'm not looking to sell the books. I want to purchase one and then just keep it but if there ever came a time where I decided to part with the book (not likely) I would just be happy to get back what I put in.

In that grade range you're not likely to see that huge of a movement upwards or downwards for the books listed as they are already pretty pricey. If you want to hedge your bets you should just keep your eye out for the best looking copy that comes to market that is fairly priced of any of the books listed also keeping an eye on page quality.