• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Not yet, but planning on seeing it. Big Family Guy fan.

If you have seen Flash Gordon 1980 you will REALLY enjoy the movie if you like Family guy. If you haven't seen it there is some definitely some stuff you won't get but the movie is pretty solid IMO.

Anyone see the movie Ted? I think Ryan Reynolds played a better golden age Green Lantern in that movie than his performance in 2011.

Haven't seen it - is there REALLY an appearance of RR as the GA Green Lantern??? If so that sounds very cool! Got to check that out. Thanks (thumbs u

Anyone see the movie Ted? I think Ryan Reynolds played a better golden age Green Lantern in that movie than his performance in 2011.

Haven't seen it - is there REALLY an appearance of RR as the GA Green Lantern??? If so that sounds very cool! Got to check that out. Thanks (thumbs u

Well he is in the movie for a brief little scene and he does awkwardly kiss another male so with the whole drama over earth 2 it made me chuckle.

The movie is one of the best comedy movies I have seen in a while so its well worth checking out.

FYI guys, I've decided to sell my cgc 8.5 copy of this book (i've got a pretty 6.5 with OWW pages which i'm going to keep). It's up on ebay as well, but just wanted to let my fellow boardies know!!

Certainly willing to accept trade offsets for the books in my signature too! I have one pending deal going so (it's getting close) so you might want to act fast!!

Be well!

Joey

Showcase22cgc85fc.jpg

Showcase22cgc85bc.jpg

Edited by roulette44

A few interesting sales:

Showcase 22 CGC 8.0 OW at Pedigree $18751.00 7/12

Showcase 22 CGC 7.0 OW at Heritage $7170.00 7/27/12

Showcase 22 CGC 5.5 OW/W at Heritage $3107.00 7/27/12

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Do you think this book has stabilized after the run up two years ago?

I would rate SC22 a hold and prices should stabilize from here. I was surprised by the strong price on the 8.0 since the last 8.5 sold for almost $21K. The 5.5 with decent PQ sold for $3100 and one to two year ago sold between $3300-4500. In addition, Overstreet finally moved up the value of SC22 this year two reflect it's lead over BB28. Also, SC4 should reflect that as well in the future guide. ;)

I would rate SC22 a hold and prices should stabilize from here. I was surprised by the strong price on the 8.0 since the last 8.5 sold for almost $21K. The 5.5 with decent PQ sold for $3100 and one to two year ago sold between $3300-4500. In addition, Overstreet finally moved up the value of SC22 this year two reflect it's lead over BB28. Also, SC4 should reflect that as well in the future guide. ;)

The 8.5 sold for $20,250 (trust me :) ) but the one prior to that (November 2011 i believe) sold for $31,000+..... with the huge rarity in higher grade, i just think that's the type of volatility to expect.

My 8.5 sold, by the way.

The 8.5 sold for $20,250 (trust me :) ) but the one prior to that (November 2011 i believe) sold for $31,000+..... with the huge rarity in higher grade, i just think that's the type of volatility to expect.

My 8.5 sold, by the way.

Congrats on the sale. Was your 8.5 and all out cash deal or trade and cash?

:o

Its not even on the census yet...

Was this a resuscitation of one of the 9.0s?

9.2 with that top right corner and what appear to be top edge nicks? doh!

Edited by kimik

:o

Its not even on the census yet...

Was this a resuscitation of one of the 9.0s?

Totally NEW copy. This is ludicrous. :ohnoez:

Edited by showcase22gr1959