• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

:o

Its not even on the census yet...

Was this a resuscitation of one of the 9.0s?

Totally NEW copy. This is ludicrous. :ohnoez:

That looks a lot like Roulette's old 8.5

This copy has better centering, does have some resemblance, I know a lot of 8.0+ copy are miswrapped.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

If there was a spine roll that would account for the better centring after pressing.

All of the other tell tale markings are identical - dot in the A of lantern, wear above the W and A in "Showcase", wear on top right, wear on bottom of spine.

Does the PQ affect the grade at that point? CR-OW is not as sweet as the rest of the grade...

Obviously OW and better is prefer, but CR-OW is acceptable since that is the average PQ for SC22. Now, if this copy in 9.2 has white pages....rocketblast to the moon.

good to know, I was wondering if Cream-ish covers were the norm... if only that were part of the census info (and not just available via the direct book ID lookup).

That 9.2 SC 22 is a nice looking copy, I'd agree on the grade(I love a strong spine).

The pages inside are cream to off white, the cover paper quality is unknown.

CGC books do not tell you what the cover PQ is. That is why some books seem to have a lower grade, the covers are tanned quite a bit even though the book may look gorgeous.

We hope that the label PQ hints at the cover PQ.

If there was a spine roll that would account for the better centring after pressing.

All of the other tell tale markings are identical - dot in the A of lantern, wear above the W and A in "Showcase", wear on top right, wear on bottom of spine.

I can understand, books do have similar printing defects off the press (dot in the A). I know the Keller has a small printing blotch somewhere around GL feet. There is a lot of speculation, but I feel quite certain this is a new copy.

hm idk Roy does have a good case. Joey sells his copy about 3 weeks ago and now all of a sudden there is a new 9.2. Seems like just the right amount of time for a press and resub.

Does the PQ affect the grade at that point? CR-OW is not as sweet as the rest of the grade...

Obviously OW and better is prefer, but CR-OW is acceptable since that is the average PQ for SC22. Now, if this copy in 9.2 has white pages....rocketblast to the moon.

good to know, I was wondering if Cream-ish covers were the norm... if only that were part of the census info (and not just available via the direct book ID lookup).

That 9.2 SC 22 is a nice looking copy, I'd agree on the grade(I love a strong spine).

The pages inside are cream to off white, the cover paper quality is unknown.

CGC books do not tell you what the cover PQ is. That is why some books seem to have a lower grade, the covers are tanned quite a bit even though the book may look gorgeous.

We hope that the label PQ hints at the cover PQ.

Don, since you have mention the PQ on the cover. Certain book looks great externally as you mention and when you open them up the covers shows tanning. I understand CGC down grade book because of this defect.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

hm idk Roy does have a good case. Joey sells his copy about 3 weeks ago and now all of a sudden there is a new 9.2. Seems like just the right amount of time for a press and resub.

Here's is ruellette old copy posted in the thread.

Showcase22cgc85fc.jpg

If you notice, the 8.5 shows more of GL's feet near the edge.

I'm guessing without that corner wear, possibly 9.4...need to check a better scan. :hi:

This book was just graded last week, 7/27. I hope CGC is not in another soft period because this book does not look 9.2. That upper right corner alone should limit it to 8.5.

Is that a corner crease on the URFC ? If so kinda hard to take this book serious as a 9.2.

Showcase22cgc85fc.jpg

I dunno. Sure look the same to me. This scan is way too blurry to know for sure, but look at the scratch above the "es" in "presents". Same on both books.

Showcase22cgc85fc.jpg

I dunno. Sure look the same to me. This scan is way too blurry to know for sure, but look at the scratch above the "es" in "presents". Same on both books.

Looks the same to me also.

Showcase22cgc85fc.jpg

Looks the same to me also.

+1, pressed to perfection. actually, weak 9.2. god bless the label chasers if they put a big premium on this over the 9.0's.

For the most part cert numbers should go in order but sometimes they dont. Some dealers/collectors have old invoice numbers(hope i'm stating that correctly) and when they send them in the books have those serial numbers on their old submission forms. So some people have invoices with serial numbers on their old forms meanwhile they're at 109xxx

Edited by ASMguyyy

Yea that is correct its just based off how old the form is that was used for the book. Hell I am sure one of the LCS's in my area has some real old ones since they accept CGC subs but noone does them through him.

Yea that is correct its just based off how old the form is that was used for the book. Hell I am sure one of the LCS's in my area has some real old ones since they accept CGC subs but noone does them through him.
, im so drunk I reread my statement before yours and I butchered it.

Same book guys. I have a X-large monitor and note the white stress line above the "e and s" in "presents". Kinda like a fingerprint as someone mentioned before.

Kinda glad I sold my 9.0 and kept my 6.0... hm

Edited by peewee22

Same book guys. I have a X-large monitor and note the white stress line above the "e and s" in "presents". Kinda like a fingerprint as someone mentioned before.

I agree...FWIW I believe it's the same book. That's quite a bump up! Has anyone wagered as to where it'll end up? I'm guessing somewhere in the $200k range??