• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic store in New York/Richard Sequino

36 posts in this topic

There are kids working there, and the center of the store(which is small) is set up for kids to play role playing games..

~Sixx

:eek: Sounds like some sick stuff.

and Popsicles in the basement :whistle:

Thanks for nothing the two people who said they'd help me out on this.. then dissapeared. Just big talk I guess.. what's new....

We have several lawyers on the boards. Did you ever contact Mark Zaid as was suggested? Why not just bump your thread and politely ask for assistance? $600 is nothing to sneeze at, and sending another board member over to try and shake this guy down doesn’t sound like the smartest plan.

Yes, I'd love to talk to some legal person on from this board and see what we can do. I'm willing to go far with this as I've been collecting for many years and never came across someone like this guy.

I saw his name and company in the comic book master list .... I have all records of our e-mails and there's even a note in the paypal payment stating what it was for. Like a dummy I did agree with him and pay him via paypal as a personal payment instead of as a payment for goods, therefore I cant file any kind of dispute... a combination of this guy being smart and me being stupid.

I filed a complaint with the BBB of NY... not sure what they can do but right now I'm open for anything. The guy just hangs up each time I call... amazing...

I appreciate everyones input... very frustrating indeed..

Any legal experts please get ahold of me ))

Martin

Call the police department in his city and tell them that he robbed you. Which he did...and then call the FBI office in that region and tell them that he robbed you, which he did...and then call the local news stations to that area and tell them that he robbed you, which he did...actually call the local news stations first, that should really get his attention. They'll start calling him asking for comment.

I've been to his shop, it is about 40-50 miles from me. Place is a waste.

First, give us more details - what was the transaction? Through eBay?

Golden Memories Comics and Cards

Richard Sequino

1265 Montauk Highway

Mastic, NY 11950

Ph: (631) 281-0554

Fx: (631) 281-0554

email to his cell phone : resguino@sprintmail.com

May live in East Moriches or Dix Hills

Internet fraud complaint center - FBI

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Suffolk county police on eBay scams

http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/police/faq.htm#1

Suffolk county closest department-

http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/police/7th.htm

Thanks for nothing the two people who said they'd help me out on this.. then dissapeared. Just big talk I guess.. what's new....

I know you did contact me (I believe while I was at the SD Con) and I don't remember if I received all the info about the dealer. If I did, my apologies. I just arrived back home today after being away most of the last month.

Send all the details, including all documentary proof, to me again at EsquireComics@aol.com (or fax anything to 202-330-5610) and I will send him a letter. Can't promise results. For a debt so small as this, and I recognize this is all relative, small claims court is usually the best way to go.

I know you did contact me (I believe while I was at the SD Con) and I don't remember if I received all the info about the dealer. If I did, my apologies. I just arrived back home today after being away most of the last month.

Send all the details, including all documentary proof, to me again at EsquireComics@aol.com (or fax anything to 202-330-5610) and I will send him a letter. Can't promise results. For a debt so small as this, and I recognize this is all relative, small claims court is usually the best way to go.

Hey Mark,

I didn't mean you when I said thanks for nothing. You're awesome and always respond no matter what the inquiry is about. You left me your # at SDCC and I got so busy at the SDCC or else I would have called you to meet you. You're always ontop of things. One of the coolest guys in the biz without a doubt.

I will write you again with the stuff and e-mail I have from him. Thanks.

Martin

Hey Mark,

I didn't mean you when I said thanks for nothing. You're awesome and always respond no matter what the inquiry is about. You left me your # at SDCC and I got so busy at the SDCC or else I would have called you to meet you. You're always ontop of things. One of the coolest guys in the biz without a doubt.

I will write you again with the stuff and e-mail I have from him. Thanks.

Martin

Good to hear Martin. I get so inundated with e-mails that it becomes very difficult to track what is going on and what I might have alluded I would do to help on a pro bono matter. :(

I received over 2000 e-mails while I was just on vacation!!! :o

Anyway, I saw that you e-mailed me today (yesterday). I'll read and get back in touch and we'll see what we can do. (thumbs u

Does anybody know Golden Memories Comics & Games and more importantly know of the owner Richard Sequino??

I ask this because he ripped me off of 600 bucks and I can't even speak to him without him hanging up on me the minute he realizes it's me. Took my money via paypal, I sent it as money owed per his request to avoid fees, and then after money cleared he dissapeared. Anyone know what I could do about this?

Martin

Not cool

Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations with this slime

We all have such stories unfortunately :(

Hmm, very interesting. Well, first of all, it's "Richard Seguino", not "Sequino". Luckily I made the same mistake Googling so I found this thread.

I have a list of rather obscure independent comics that I've been looking for for a while. This weekend I went through the Master List and e-mailed the wantlist (about 20 items) to every store on there. Mind you, several of these are very obscure, self-published titles, not listed in Overstreet or anything like that. Unsurprisingly, only two stores had anything on there, and both of those just had one.

I get an e-mail from Seguino saying he has all of them, in "good to great condition", and asks "How much would you be willing to pay?" This sets off several alarm bells. What is "great" condition"? And, he has all of them? When Mile High, Lone Star, Metropolis Comics, and eBay don't have any of them? Either this guy has the best-stocked comic shop in the world or something fishy's going on. So I searched and found this; thought I'd register to let you know.

Hmm, very interesting. Well, first of all, it's "Richard Seguino", not "Sequino". Luckily I made the same mistake Googling so I found this thread.

I have a list of rather obscure independent comics that I've been looking for for a while. This weekend I went through the Master List and e-mailed the wantlist (about 20 items) to every store on there. Mind you, several of these are very obscure, self-published titles, not listed in Overstreet or anything like that. Unsurprisingly, only two stores had anything on there, and both of those just had one.

I get an e-mail from Seguino saying he has all of them, in "good to great condition", and asks "How much would you be willing to pay?" This sets off several alarm bells. What is "great" condition"? And, he has all of them? When Mile High, Lone Star, Metropolis Comics, and eBay don't have any of them? Either this guy has the best-stocked comic shop in the world or something fishy's going on. So I searched and found this; thought I'd register to let you know.

Welcome to the boards. Thanks for joining and adding to this thread. The odds against anyone having all of the books you are looking for is extremely high. Have you contacted Doug Sulipia? He has always specialized in unusual items.

Welcome to the boards. Thanks for joining and adding to this thread. The odds against anyone having all of the books you are looking for is extremely high. Have you contacted Doug Sulipia? He has always specialized in unusual items.

I have to agree with my learned friend from Edmonton. (thumbs u

I've been collecting for many years and never came across someone like this guy.

These two statements don't add up.

;)

dime-a-dozen :shrug: