• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Con 2010

118 posts in this topic

Terry O’Neill of Terry’s Comics recently announced that he will be hosting the fourth California Comic Con this winter on January 31st, 2010. The show will be held in Orange County in Yorba Linda, held just miles from Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, Angel Stadium, Arrowhead Pond, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach.

This year the California Comic Convention will continue to place emphasis on vintage comic books. Dealers from all over the country will be at the show. Featured guests include famous Ducks artist Don Rosa and others to be anounced. The show will be held from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM; tickets are only $10 and parking is free. For more info goto:

CalComicCon

CalComicCon update: All dealer tables are already reserved and a waiting list have been started for this show. We confirmed the modern day Duck artist and long time Rockets Blast Comic collector contributor, Don Rosa as one of our guests. Being only a few minutes from Disneyland , we hope that many fans of his will stop by and say hello to Don.

I will be returning to Terry's show for the second time in 2010. As a newcomer this year, I was very pleased with sales and the turn-out once the buyers found us in the back room. I hope to meet more Board members in 2010. Ed Robertson- Phoenix

CalComicCon update: All dealer tables are already reserved and a waiting list have been started for this show. We confirmed the modern day Duck artist and long time Rockets Blast Comic collector contributor, Don Rosa as one of our guests. Being only a few minutes from Disneyland , we hope that many fans of his will stop by and say hello to Don.

You know I think board member Busted Flush and I might even have a Don Rosa story! Lo, we might even have a comic. We call it, "Don Tales!"

Frank Brunner as one of our guests

CalComicCon update: We confirmed another Duck artist ( Howard ) and long time overall great, Frank Brunner as one of our guests. His work appeared in Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella. His best-known color-comics work is his Marvel Comics collaboration with writer Steve Engelhart on the supernatural hero Doctor Strange in Marvel Premiere from 1972 to 1973, and in Doctor Strange. Visit Franks Page:

CalComicCon update #3: One of our featured guest artists has recent news.

DATELINE OCTOBER 24th 2009, NEW YORK/ MYRTLE BEACH, MARVEL COMICS ENT. AND FRANK BRUNNER HAVE INKED A CONTRACT THAT CALLS FOR FRANK TO ILLUSTRATE THE LEAD STORY IN A NEW BLACK AND WHITE, DOCTOR STRANGE COMICBOOK! ......Endinga thirty year absence from the pages of Marvel Comics and his Signature Character Dr. Strange , Reached for comment in Myrtle Beach, Frank simply said, "I've read the -script ,The Storyline takes place in the Seventies

.....Just about where I left off, It's like Deja Vu all over again!" The new Book will be Published Spring 2010.

So dig out your old issues of Dr. Strange for Frank to sign.