• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck's Latest Ad....

17 posts in this topic

I saw the ad in a couple of new books I picked up today. I started giggling like a little school girl. You know, Chuck really kind of looks like that beaver they use for a mascot.

Must... resist... ugly... beaver... joke...

forgive my newness, but wouldn't a 9.8 copy of AF#15 (assuming there is one anywhere) be more like a quarter mill or so???? isn't he embarrassed to make such unrealistically puny offers?? blush.gif

Burntboy - you would think, wouldn't you? Instead Chuck places ads looking to pay literally 1/10th of FMV for a book like that . . .

Makes you think twice before you buy or sell from him, huh?

DAM

Has anyone on the boards actually sold books to Chuck? Seems like I recall Banner or Beyonder or someone saying they'd made a decent profit selling Chuck some tough-to-find (raw) moderns? But what about older back issues? Does he really grade comics he's considering buying the same way he grades the ones he's selling?

I'm pretty sure House said he has sold books to Chuck before. I'm sure that many store owners can downsize some of their stock by selling modern multiples to Chuck. I seriously doubt that House would sell anything remotely "key" (but, I could be wrong shocked.gif)

Chris

Has anyone on the boards actually sold books to Chuck? Seems like I recall Banner or Beyonder or someone saying they'd made a decent profit selling Chuck some tough-to-find (raw) moderns? But what about older back issues? Does he really grade comics he's considering buying the same way he grades the ones he's selling?

I shipped a couple comics to him back in November. I posted a whole group of quality comics in the Marketplace and got no takers. I took two of them out of the lot and sold them to MH for about 1/3 of what I was asking for the whole lot!

They were NM issues and MH paid the NM price they quoted in their CBG ad and that I "invoiced", even though the price dropped in subsequent ads and is now down to about a buck per copy.

I'm pretty sure House said he has sold books to Chuck before. I'm sure that many store owners can downsize some of their stock by selling modern multiples to Chuck. I seriously doubt that House would sell anything remotely "key" (but, I could be wrong shocked.gif)

Chris

True...

I sold Chuck 65 copies of Green Arrow 1 at $6 each... sold him 50 copies of GI Joe 1 (Image) at $6 each... sold him 30+ copies each of USM 7-9 at around $18 each. The absolute killing though, was buying 450 copies of early Crossgen stuff from Greg Buls at $1.50 each and flipping them all to Chuck at $4 each...

I have also sold Chuck some stuff that it turned out I could have done better elsewhere. But when you have 150 copies of a book that is going for $15, it doesn't make sense to hold on for the last dollar. Chuck buys in quantity, and I will frequently sell down to 15-20 copies of hot books by taking $5-7 for the rest of them.

I have never had a single problem selling merchandise to Mile High. They pay immediately, the check doesn't bounce, and there is absolutely no runaround whatsoever from them. I have nothing but praise for the experience. And sometimes, he is paying more than anyone on the planet. It just depends on what he needs and what his customers need...