• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your initial reason..

90 posts in this topic

Just to be cool like you guys. :cool:

However, I found out that most of you are all a bunch of flea infested hippies with no lives, who only bathe when a solar eclipse happens and who really like to rant and rave about stuff nobody really cares about. :insane:

Hey! There are no fleas in my house, and I bathe once a month whether I need it or not!

:P

-slym

In late 2001 I found out from Bob Storms who he was after we both almost got ripped off by Matt Stanley on a huge 9.x early Spidey run from E-Bay. Finding out what a crook he's been was really disappointing.

Matt Stanley. :tonofbricks:

I dodged a bullet, being the second highest bidder on a couple of those books.

As for CK, be glad you found out the way that you did.

BTW, I remember speaking to you in early 2002 via Ebay. You were actually the first person to tell me about these forums, but I didn't come here until later, after I had already been screwed over by CK. Had I come here when you suggested it, I never would have had my run in with him.

I needed a new batch of the unaware to inflict myself upon...

Translation:

I was banned from the Valiant boards. :baiting:

I'll take this one:

He wasn't banned in 2005, when he joined up here.

:devil:

-slym

Hey!

In late 2001 I found out from Bob Storms who he was after we both almost got ripped off by Matt Stanley on a huge 9.x early Spidey run from E-Bay. Finding out what a crook he's been was really disappointing.

BTW, I remember speaking to you in early 2002 via Ebay. You were actually the first person to tell me about these forums, but I didn't come here until later, after I had already been screwed over by CK. Had I come here when you suggested it, I never would have had my run in with him.

Hey Andrew,

I picked up two pairs of jeans today for $13.99 a pair. :acclaim:

Hey Andrew,

I picked up two pairs of jeans today for $13.99 a pair. :acclaim:

:eek:

Did you go directly to the sweatshops?

I don't think you can even buy an intact pair of pants (new) for $13.99 in Toronto. Not that I would, even if I could.

I found this after getting my first and only slabbed book (Spec Spidey 200, I know not really flashy but at least I got one). Figured this would be the best place to learn from the Pros.

I joined in 2004 but for the most part I lurked. I really don't know the exact reason for joining. Then after posting a few times I joined my first grading contest and well I am still here after all of these years!

BTW, I remember speaking to you in early 2002 via Ebay.

Did I buy something from you on ebay?

I can't remember the exact circumstances of our conversation, I just remember that you told me about this place.

Just looked through my feedback, and you did buy a Daredevil 13 and 15 from me(you noted the books when you left me feedback), but those were dated March 2nd, 2003 which was after I joined here.

I knew several people who post on this board already. They have been sending me links and talking about it forever. Since I was pretty busy on other boards, working online, and multi-tasking a variety of other activities I just never joined.

Then I got injured and I am on the mend. I am restricted from lots of my normal activities. So now I have lots of free time. Having all sorts of internet time on my hands it seemed like a good chance to check these forums I have heard so much about.

So far it's been great. I really think everyone nearly everyone has been a lot of fun! I feel like I've made a few contributions to the masses. I've met a lot more comic book people. Actually, I always knew a lot of comic book people anyway.

You know you know too many comic fans when you think people who don't know what a con is and don't collect comics are strange.