• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The nik contribution thread.

172 posts in this topic

This morning I told Ellen about Nik's condition, as best I could to a 5 year old anyways. She listened quietly, and asked questions. Then we said a prayer for Nik and his family.

Ellen has spoken with Nik many times on the phone, sang him happy birthday, even called him a dork. She basically knows Nik as the guy who gave her comics and art. So typical of Ellen, she wanted to make him a card. As she drew the card she kept saying "Poor Nikos, I bet he needs bandages"

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

I have no idea if this kind of stuff helps in the big scheme of things, but it sure as heck can't hurt to have the power of a little girls love pulling for you.

Could somebody please PM me with the Hospital address and room # so I can mail this to Nik.

Thanks, and get well Nik

That's a real sweet kid you've got there, Ze. :)

Precocious, too - she writes and draws very well for a five-year-old. And there's no power on Earth like a little girl's love. That's beautiful.

This morning I told Ellen about Nik's condition, as best I could to a 5 year old anyways. She listened quietly, and asked questions. Then we said a prayer for Nik and his family.

Ellen has spoken with Nik many times on the phone, sang him happy birthday, even called him a dork. She basically knows Nik as the guy who gave her comics and art. So typical of Ellen, she wanted to make him a card. As she drew the card she kept saying "Poor Nikos, I bet he needs bandages"

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

I have no idea if this kind of stuff helps in the big scheme of things, but it sure as heck can't hurt to have the power of a little girls love pulling for you.

Could somebody please PM me with the Hospital address and room # so I can mail this to Nik.

Thanks, and get well Nik

Aw, that's so sweet of her. There's no way that can't help Nik cheer up

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

Thanks, and get well Nik

That's a real sweet kid you've got there, Ze. :)

Precocious, too - she writes and draws very well for a five-year-old. And there's no power on Earth like a little girl's love. That's beautiful.

Wow...Kenny that literally brought tears to my eyes. And as far as your comment about not having any idea whether stuff like this matters in the big scheme of things?

Well IMO, stuff like this is ALL that matters! (thumbs u

Greg

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

Thanks, and get well Nik

:applause: What a sweet thing to do....

I remember when those new dollar coins first came out. The change machine at work gave those things out, and all I had was a $10 bill, so I got a soda and nine dollar coins to carry around in my pocket.

When I got home that afternoon, my daughter, who was a 4 year old Goonies junkie, asked me if I had any money for her. (This was a daily ritual where she would get my change for the day to put in her piggy bank.) So I reached in my pocket and pulled one of these coins. Her eyes got as big as golf balls and she let out a squeel. She said "DAD! You found a doubloon!"

I chuckle and think about that moment every time I see a dollar coin. :applause:

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

Thanks, and get well Nik

Kenny,

Don't underestimate what this would mean for Nik and his family. Heck, it's not for me and I got all teary eyed over it.

Me too...

:blush:

-slym

DSC08078.jpg

inside.jpg

back-1.jpg

Thanks, and get well Nik

Kenny,

Don't underestimate what this would mean for Nik and his family. Heck, it's not for me and I got all teary eyed over it.

Me too...

:blush:

-slym

Having been in ICU for 23 days just recently, pictures, arts and crafts from friends and family are the things that keep you going and give you the positive state of mind to recover.

Kenny spoke with Nik's wife today and she said any cards would be most welcome. They tell him what is in the room, and who sent it and gives them something to talk about.

Please address them to:

Mass General

Nik Manousaridis

White 1234

55 Fruit Street

Boston, MA 02114

This happened to a buddy at work, he was out for a few months and was a bit disoriented when he visited the first few times. He's back at work now and you wouldn't even know he had a stroke.There is definitely hope....but Nik IS self employed, so please send what you can, he's gonna need it .GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Get well soon buddy.

I posted this on the NOD forum for those who may not post here, but left info where to find out where and how to send donations, cards, etc.. I spoke with Marnin earlier and he was very upset about this as well. I really hope he makes a speedy recovery, I really just dont know how to express how this makes me feel. My heart truly goes out to his family. And I know Doc,Arex, and the boys must be hurting as well.

Get better Nik.