• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toasty bits from SDCC '09

169 posts in this topic

i'd ask for a resto check first

That's like having a restored action 1 9.2...who cares if it is restored? :insane:

I am just now getting back to where I am staying. What a long day considering it is almost 3Am and I got up around 7AM.

Fun day at the show between working at the 'Toon Tumblers booth and walking around. The forum dinner was a blast with great people all around. After dinner, I went out for (more) drinks with Kramerica, golddust40, parisfred, Steve Borock and Mark Zaid. We had a fabulous time :headbang: We had a great laugh about this incredible blonde lady from Texas who was hitting on me with her husband sitting right behind me. Apparently she was not happy with hubby who wanted to drop $3k on a statue and I told her her husband should pull his head out of his and take her on a nice vacation. Since I'm happily married and I made it clear to her I am married), it was no dice for me. It was funny all the way around.

Anyhow, I need what little sleep I can grab and I am on a plane back home tomrow in the afternoon. More detailed report to follow (thumbs u

zzz

i'd ask for a resto check first

That's like having a restored action 1 9.2...who cares if it is restored? :insane:

I am just now getting back to where I am staying. What a long day considering it is almost 3Am and I got up around 7AM.

Fun day at the show between working at the 'Toon Tumblers booth and walking around. The forum dinner was a blast with great people all around. After dinner, I went out for (more) drinks with Kramerica, golddust40, parisfred, Steve Borock and Mark Zaid. We had a fabulous time :headbang: We had a great laugh about this incredible blonde lady from Texas who was hitting on me with her husband sitting right behind me. Apparently she was not happy with hubby who wanted to drop $3k on a statue and I told her her husband should pull his head out of his and take her on a nice vacation. Since I'm happily married and I made it clear to her I am married), it was no dice for me. It was funny all the way around.

Anyhow, I need what little sleep I can grab and I am on a plane back home tomrow in the afternoon. More detailed report to follow (thumbs u

zzz

According to my wife, the most commonly heard phrase around the convention was "Whatever you want honey" as most of the men knew better than to tick off the women who are nice enough to support them in this silly hobby. (My wife is again outspending me at this con, so I should be safe for another year.)

According to my wife, the most commonly heard phrase around the convention was "Whatever you want honey" as most of the men knew better than to tick off the women who are nice enough to support them in this silly hobby. (My wife is again outspending me at this con, so I should be safe for another year.)

Dang, how cool would that be...where do you find wives like that?

Dang, how cool would that be...where do you find wives like that?

The wives who go rock. However, the "Whatever you want honey" was the guys who knew to take care of the women supporting them, not wives silly enough to tell their husbands to do anything they want in a room full of toys.

Back at the hall by 8AM to help Paul with setting up for the day and then off to look around. I took pics of costumes and displays and on my way to grab lunch at a Ralph's deli I ran into...

wonderwomen.jpg

:luhv:

quick question: can I get those two slabbed????:devil:

Theve probably been slabbed a few times

Back at the hall by 8AM to help Paul with setting up for the day and then off to look around. I took pics of costumes and displays and on my way to grab lunch at a Ralph's deli I ran into...

wonderwomen.jpg

:luhv:

quick question: can I get those two slabbed????:devil:

Theve probably been slabbed a few times

and cracked open as well

The forum dinner was a blast with great people all around. After dinner, I went out for (more) drinks with Kramerica, golddust40, parisfred, Steve Borock and Mark Zaid. We had a fabulous time :headbang: (thumbs u

Yes, heavy emphasis on the "more drinks" part. Ugh. My head hurts. I am, pardon the pun, toast today. :P Great meeting you Mr Toast - It was a great time had by all! Now, aspirin & water. Then more water. Then it's off to Mexico for fishing with plenty of travel time to read all of the new small press TPBs I picked up!

Major kudos to all the forumites I had a chance to hang out with last night. You guys rock! :headbang:

this just in...

got the grading notes on Wonder Woman and Super Girl above:

WW - 'very small amount of color touch, pieces added and reinforced'

9.0 slight [P]

SGirl - received a qualified grade for 'cell phone cleaned and replaced'

that's the update.

The forum dinner was a blast with great people all around. After dinner, I went out for (more) drinks with Kramerica, golddust40, parisfred, Steve Borock and Mark Zaid. We had a fabulous time :headbang: (thumbs u

Yes, heavy emphasis on the "more drinks" part. Ugh. My head hurts. I am, pardon the pun, toast today. :P Great meeting you Mr Toast - It was a great time had by all! Now, aspirin & water. Then more water. Then it's off to Mexico for fishing with plenty of travel time to read all of the new small press TPBs I picked up!

Major kudos to all the forumites I had a chance to hang out with last night. You guys rock! :headbang:

I waited for you to come back to finish our killer John carpenter conversation. Did you get hooked up? If so (thumbs u If not :sumo:

lol

It was great meeting everyone at the show and last night was a great time with everyone. Thanks to Borock and parisfred for the drinks and great conversation. I was hurting a little, but not as bad as some people :whistle:

Saturday was great, but I gotta' say Sunday has been a flat out suck fest. I left my phone in the cab (boycotting USA Taxi company for jerking me around about finding my phone), had to leave the con early to catch my plane only to wait - could have been at the show all day instead of the airport, had to eat and overpriced airport food, I jacked my back up, I'll probably get stuck here overnight and have to sleep in a strange place instead of being home with my wife.

But who am I to complain about this mess right now in light of the real loss today? I've had it pretty damn good this week:

I got to hang out at SDCC for my first time at an incredible show. My back hurts, my feet are sore and I sweated my arse off selling those fabulous 'Toon Tumblers. But I'd do it again and still have fun.

I got to meet a lot of new people and make new friends.

I had some great new experiences and bought some books. Saw a lot of wild costumes.

Eric Powell signed some books for me. I got a Neal Adams signed glass and met Neal Adams. I met Lou Ferigno.

I hung out with some cool people, broke bread with them and shared drinks and laughs.

I got involved in some very cool comic book conversations and was also treated to a wealth of Jack Kirby info courtesy of silverandbronze's lawyer.

A drunk blonde with a knockout body hitting on me at a bar proved again how committed I am to my wife. (Yes, I have Zaid, goldust40, parisfred nad Borock as witness to this event...well, maybe not Borock, but still...)

Right this minute I'm stuck in the airport and Mike Richardson from Dark Horse Comics walks by, sees me and says hi.

All of this because I simply love comic books.

This week, especially today, made me think about how blessed I really am.

toasty.jpg

cgcfriends.jpg