• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

Another great book! Although the original Kirby cover to FF51 is classic, it's still cool to appreciate Sal Buscema's very different take, aided by Sinnott inking, especially in such fantastic condition and registration.

Is a 9.8 Thor 200 worth anything? :shrug:

Only 5 9.8's in the census (I know someone who owns one or two)

Last sale was $685.00 so I would have to say maybe to your question. To me $685.00 is a lot, to some it is chump change.

Yes. That is a sweet copy. :applause:

Here's the nicest issue of MGC I have (certified or otherwise)...

MGC-38_9-8.jpg

Sal Buscema did some great covers for these reprints. Some easily better than the originals.

2iqohg7.jpg

Cool cover!

It made me curious to know when Kane transitioned from Amazing Spider-Man to Marvel Team-Up cover chores.

After a bit of research, it's clear that by the time Marvel Team-Up #1 rolled off the presses, Kane had finished his cover run on ASM with issue #105 (FEB '72). Romita then picked it up from there with issue #106 (MAR).

But Kane wasn't done with Spidey. He launched MTU with the cover to #1 starting the month after he left ASM, then proceeded to knock out the other MTU picture frame covers during the remainder of the era.

And that's just a bit of trivia for those that care. ;)

Thanks for posting your book. Keep collecting 'em... (thumbs u

namisgr said:
Another great book! Although the original Kirby cover to FF51 is classic, it's still cool to appreciate Sal Buscema's very different take, aided by Sinnott inking, especially in such fantastic condition and registration.
joeypost said:
MasterChief said:
Yes. That is a sweet copy. :applause:

Here's the nicest issue of MGC I have (certified or otherwise)...

MGC-38_9-8.jpg

Sal Buscema did some great covers for these reprints. Some easily better than the originals.

I'm in lockstep with your assessment (and Bob's, too!). I'll just add I wasn't into Sal Buscema's work when I was younger.

Perhaps because I was a huge John Buscema fan who felt Big John really knew how to draw comics the Marvel Way.

That being said, I have grown to admire Our Pal Sal's work. Especially his picture frame covers!

Edited by MasterChief
Testing...1...2...3