• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

Glad they finally got there, Thomas!

(FedEx had a hiccup and they were M.I.A. for about 5 days - 5 very kind of distressing days. I know they're just comic books, but still.)

You sold some PF's ???:ohnoez:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say undercopies.

Jim

Bingo. And it was cash and trade. I scored the sweet 9.8 Subby Annual. And Thomas got a decent replacement copy along with the other books.

29766737806_0d730dab16_o.jpg

25309032539_0e167b4993_o.jpg

31357266371_bcda86f188_o.jpg

:o My head's at risk of exploding seeing all these amazing copies of hard to find squarebounds.

And Barton's undercopies are always welcome in my collection, where at least a few reside already.

(FedEx had a hiccup and they were M.I.A. for about 5 days - 5 very kind of distressing days. I know they're just comic books, but still.)

Jim

I should have known, Only Barton has 9.6 under copies. doh!

Cool books! That Hulk date stamp is 3 months before the publication month. Whereas the FF#121 posted earlier was one and a half months. Interesting. hm

I dunno, I thought they were usually 2-3 months prior.

I suspect that Incredible Hulk was among the first comics printed and released each month. It could explain why the title is the only one still sporting a picture frame cover with a January, 1973 cover date, when all other titles ended the practice with December, 1972 cover dates. It also may explain why the arrival date on the Hulk#157 is so far ahead of the cover date, compared to another title like the FF.

Interesting thought. You might be on to something. hm

A few of the copies I've sold (some now regrettably) over the years:

The Gil Kane moniker -- Instantly recognizable.

(Great looking books, Bob. These bought off the rack, too?)

Nah, I wasn't buying the reprinted horror, war, or western comics back then, just the superhero, sword-and-sorcery, and new horror titles from Marvel (along with a handful of DC titles). Over the past 25 years, though, I've picked up many of the picture frame Marvels that I didn't buy off the rack. Like Joe and I'm sure many others, I sold some really sweet ones, at least a few of which I wish I could get back. :grin:

Jim

I should have known, Only Barton has 9.6 under copies. doh!

:whistle:

Hulk145cgc96.jpg

Hulk145WPAlabel.jpg

Hulk145WPA.jpg