• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,794 posts in this topic

So what's the deal with Outlaw Kid 27 having a picture frame? It came out like a year+ after these were done and has a 25 cent cover (regular size issue), did they just have an extra cover hanging around that they didn't get around to using? is it the only BA "picture frame" regular size issue with a 25 cent cover?

So what's the deal with Outlaw Kid 27 having a picture frame? It came out like a year+ after these were done and has a 25 cent cover (regular size issue), did they just have an extra cover hanging around that they didn't get around to using? is it the only BA "picture frame" regular size issue with a 25 cent cover?

It's a reprint. It's the same situation with some of the Our Love Story books.

31435314010_5df3550cd4_o.jpg 31435314230_8db4804ecf_o.jpg

Here's a couple of books found under the tree on Christmas Day.

The ASM#102 would not scan without the darn reflections. Tried everything to compensate.

Frustrated, I took the book to Kinkos/FedEx. They have large flatbed scanners that produce great results. However, they told me to pack sand. They wouldn't scan the book. Something about copyright violation as it was someone's artwork. Sheesh... :pullhair:

COTL-18_9-6_suscha.jpg

ASM-102_9-6.jpg

This was under the tree, too.

It's the White Mountain copy. The last two digits of the year "72" written in pen next to the publication month/issue number is a dead giveaway.

Scratching my head as to how the hobby's pedigree expert and primary grader at CGC could miss the instantly recognizable mark of the White Mountain pedigree. (shrug)

MGC-35_9-6_WM-Copy.jpg

It's the White Mountain copy. The last two digits of the year "72" written in pen next to the publication month/issue number is a dead giveaway.

Scratching my head as to how the hobby's pedigree expert and primary grader at CGC could miss the instantly recognizable mark of the White Mountain pedigree. (shrug)

MGC-35_9-6_WM-Copy.jpg

Beautiful book!

It's happened to me and I found it initially frustrating but CGC quickly remedied the problem. Let me suggest that you reach out to Bree - she's excellent to work with.

John

Heritage missed it, too, and didn't note it in their auction description.

It's a gorgeous copy of a terrific picture frame book, reprinting FF #48 with a cool new John Buscema cover.

MGC-35_9-6_WM-Copy.jpg

Great copy, Mitch.

Here's a couple of books found under the tree on Christmas Day.

The ASM#102 would not scan without the darn reflections. Tried everything to compensate.

Frustrated, I took the book to Kinkos/FedEx. They have large flatbed scanners that produce great results. However, they told me to pack sand. They wouldn't scan the book. Something about copyright violation as it was someone's artwork. Sheesh... :pullhair:

COTL-18_9-6_suscha.jpg

ASM-102_9-6.jpg

It still looks killer. :applause:

MGC-35_9-6_WM-Copy.jpg

Beautiful book!

It's happened to me and I found it initially frustrating but CGC quickly remedied the problem. Let me suggest that you reach out to Bree - she's excellent to work with.

John

Thanks for the tip, John. Much appreciated! (thumbs u

Heritage missed it, too, and didn't note it in their auction description.

It's a gorgeous copy of a terrific picture frame book, reprinting FF #48 with a cool new John Buscema cover.

Yeah... I noticed that, too.

You'd think with all the new Bronze Age White Mountains brought to market last year courtesy of Heritage, that someone would have noticed the missing pedigree designation.

But, hey, it's a reprint. Nobody collects those. Their 50¢ box fodder and valueless, right? lol

Can't anyone write a 72 on a cover?

I suppose. Not sure why they'd want to, though. If you're implying counterfeiting, I'd have to reject the notion. It's not like the MGC#35 is an alleged Edgar Church book and a constituent of the infamous counterfeiting scheme. No, it's a WM copy whose hand-written pen & ink characteristic mark matches other Bronze Age certified books correctly labeled with the pedigree moniker.

The images below represent a sample of CGC White Mountain picture frame books that passed through Heritage last year. The first is the copy I posted missing the designation. The other 11 are all WM copies labeled and sold as such.

WM-TWO-DIGIT-YEAR-MARK.jpg