• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,803 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2023 at 9:43 AM, Ghost Town said:

That's an incredible submission. Some really tough books in there!

Oh man, I just got grades back on a batch of 25 that must have had the most brutal grader at CGC. It averaged -2.38 grades below my estimates.  My previous 300 books averaged only -0.49.   I got back another 25 last week that was only -0.52.  I'd say maybe I had a bad day, but this was the same order, just split up.

On 6/20/2023 at 6:39 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

Oh man, I just got grades back on a batch of 25 that must have had the most brutal grader at CGC. It averaged -2.38 grades below my estimates.  My previous 300 books averaged only -0.49.   I got back another 25 last week that was only -0.52.  I'd say maybe I had a bad day, but this was the same order, just split up.

I got the same :censored: my last sub. 

On 6/23/2023 at 1:51 PM, ThothAmon said:

When I saw the result I was impressed. Until  I realized what the last 9.8 had gone for.  Edit- Just realized it was the same book. At least HA is making money. Also what gives with no red above the Marvel Comics banner?  I know CGC doesn’t penalize miscuts but I do.  Speaking of slightly miscut my best copy at the end. 

169AC70A-BF8D-4596-BF6B-6FBF9F8F75B7.jpeg

0B885502-31E1-4800-BF83-56934F20B0A9.jpeg

520EA22E-1F80-416C-B332-DBE10569E26F.jpeg

Ouch!:eek:

On 6/27/2023 at 11:31 AM, WoWitHurts said:

Allright, what two crazy people are responsible for this? LOL, I will never get a white page copy at this grade with these kinds of prices. Gratz on the pickup to whomever landed on top.

IM053.jpg

That's me, I won this auction.  :angel:

I don't know what to say, except that I am assembling 9.6 WP runs and I'm very determined to complete the quest.  My bid on a particular book will be more or less aggressive based on what I've seen in terms of the book's scarcity, and may also depend on whether I already have a 9.6 OW/W copy.  In this case I had a 9.6 OW/W and so my logic is that when I sell that book, the delta between the two will (hopefully) not be too bad and I'll end up in a decent place.  The strategy often (but not always) works.

So, anybody want it?  :foryou:

image.thumb.jpeg.7bcc4a6bba7d17b0cd51e33b33f3a53d.jpeg

On 6/27/2023 at 2:36 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That's me, I won this auction.  :angel:

I don't know what to say, except that I am assembling 9.6 WP runs and I'm very determined to complete the quest.  My bid on a particular book will be more or less aggressive based on what I've seen in terms of the book's scarcity, and may also depend on whether I already have a 9.6 OW/W copy.  In this case I had a 9.6 OW/W and so my logic is that when I sell that book, the delta between the two will (hopefully) not be too bad and I'll end up in a decent place.  The strategy often (but not always) works.

So, anybody want it?  :foryou:

I have the same goal just not as deep pockets. Gratz again on the pickup.